What's the best driver for 9600 GSO

Unless you have any issues with the official Nvidia releases I'd stick with them.
If you do, or just want to play, the Omega Drivers can help with some problems or improve performance in certain situations.

If you are going to install/reinstall/uninstall etc, for Gods sake set at least one Restore Point and backup any critical data you have.

Note: Not joke, please respond.

prattyyz

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
It's a brand new system. I have no software to lose. In fact I installed Windows 7 because I have nothing to lose. Turns out I love the new operating system and am very impressed with it's performance.

I just received the GPU and have not installed it so I can't say I have any issues with it. Just wanted to get opinions prior to installing it since you guys have much more experience than I do with this.

Thanks,
prattyyz

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
i ran the 186.16 (i think.. maybe it was 186.86) either way, it was the newest one about 2 weeks ago and it worked fine for me on XP with a 9600gt. Not sure if that helps with your win7 though..

@ Prattyyz: Given the age of my current card (long, sad story) there's not much new drivers can do for it, but I hear good things about the Omega Drivers, so give them a quick Google and see if there's anything there you like the sound of.
If not, just download the latest from Nvidia and use those when you install the card.