Hyper 212 Thermal Paste or Third Party Brand Thermal Paste

Kill3rAce

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Hey, Everyone

I am just ordered all the parts for a new computer build, it is my first building a computer. When I was asking for tips when I ordered the parts someone recommended me to drop the arctic silver ($10), and just use the paste that comes with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus. I tried to look around the forums a bit, I couldn't find a search button maybe someone can point that out. I am building a Intel 2500k Build on ASROCK Extreme Board...I only plan to do a mild OC I don't think I will be pushing the limits of the processor, am I fine using that TP or should I go back and order some third party brand Thermal Paste?

Thanks, Philip

Solution
The cooler master paste is fine.

I think the third brand paste is just for convenience because it comes in those nice injection like tubes and can be used a few times, If you don’t plan to take apart computers many times I don’t recommend third party paste.

Also I'd not recommend Artic Silver, I’d recommend the Artic Cooling MX4, It's better than the Artic silver and is non-conductive.

Artic silver is great but is becoming outdated.

sap chicken

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
The cooler master paste is fine.

I think the third brand paste is just for convenience because it comes in those nice injection like tubes and can be used a few times, If you don’t plan to take apart computers many times I don’t recommend third party paste.

Also I'd not recommend Artic Silver, I’d recommend the Artic Cooling MX4, It's better than the Artic silver and is non-conductive.

Artic silver is great but is becoming outdated.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS