E25

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I just got done building my first system. It starts up fine and then it says Hard Disk not found. When I push Del to enter Setup it does not respond and goes to a Make Disk for Dos screen. It has 3 options but I can't select any of them. So I'm stuck on being able to do anything with it. Any help would be appreciated.

You may have the wrong keyboard interface for the default bios settings. You may need ps2 instead of usb (or vice versa). Also check the post screen for other instructions to enter the bios. If you want to try freezing the post screen, try the "pause" key. If you get into the bios, I use cd>hardrive>no (for try other devices). Then ENABLE usb keyboard setting, save and exit.

No. You may have a simple driver conflict. Go to control panel>system>hardware>device manager and check for marks next to any device. Select the device, uninstall>reboot, and let windows try reinstalling the device driver. You won't need both usb and ps2 keyboard drivers at the same time. Choose one or the other.

E25

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I don't have windows loaded yet, it won't let me. Once I click to to a fresh install (Windows 7) it cannot find my hard drive. When I plug in my old hard drive that has XP it won't boot from it and does the same thing as if the other drive was connected. I know how to do what your saying.

E25

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I think the issue might be solved. I didn't realize sata 2 and sata 1 wasn't backwards compatible. Since my new drive didn't come with the cable I used my old cable from a sata 1 hard drive. Hopefully if I find a new cable this will all work.