XFX nForce 750i + Intel Q8400 (HELP)

Hi so i have just bought a Q8400 from ebuyer and i have a XFX nForce 750i board, i assumed my board would be fine for intel core 2 quad, which it is, just the Q8400 is not listed on XFX's cpu listings!!!

My board says it supports quad and 45nm cpu's so i should be ok right?

XFX nForce 750i

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400

XFX CPU List

Anyone know someone with this working setup??

Many thanks.
9 answers Last reply
More about nforce 750i intel q8400 help
  1. If the cpu does not work even after a bios update see if you can rma. Last option is dump it back on eBay.
  2. so you havent tried it but are worried or what?

if so just try it.. it should work if what you said is true
  3. Quote:
    It should work just fine. Dont expect to overclock it though.

Hi,

I have the same setup (XFX 750i nforce with the q8400 - 1066 ocz ram) and cannot overclock it much at all. Why is this?

Thanks so much!!!

-Jon
  4. Bump.. anybody? my conclusion so far is that the XFX 750i sucks donkey balls.
  5. joyzjonny said:
    Bump.. anybody? my conclusion so far is that the XFX 750i sucks donkey balls.

Did it post or give out beep codes?
  6. nforce4max said:
    Did it post or give out beep codes?

Negative.. just crashes as windows boot-up. I called XFX and they recommend me getting the 780i if I want to overclock or see 1066 on my ram.
  7. joyzjonny said:
    Negative.. just crashes as windows boot-up. I called XFX and they recommend me getting the 780i if I want to overclock or see 1066 on my ram.

Hmmmm the board then so go ahead and RMA if you can.
  8. xfx boards suck bad i had a 610i worst most unstable system i ever has get rid of it
  9. try producing a 1:1 ratio with the fsb and the memory.i have the xfx 750i , Q9550 2.83 1333mhz and ocz reaper 4gbkit pc2-8500 1066mhz.i could never get the the memory to run 1066mhz,But that's a another story...Well their is no way to unlink your processor from your memory,so they have to insync to a degree.In order for me to successfully overclock i had to get a 1:1 ratio,Which for me involved underclocking my 1066e.p.p. rated memory to around 775mhz, and i went with a FSB clock of 1550mhz which is double the memory producing the 1:1 ratio(this is all in a nut shell!!!!!)in the End i'm now running 3.294ghz(387.5x 8.5)1.264v,........... my memory:775mhz 5-5-5-15--24-2T(stock voltage1.9v)i did up the Vtt fsb voltage to 1.25 and the northbridge to 1.32v.There was a lot of trial and error when it came to the voltages and a couple of weeks.LOL.Keep in mind ,try to keep the voltages in the safe zones and only bump the up 1 or 2 steps at a time.You want to Overclock not OverCook!!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Quad Intel