How do i know who is logged into a computer on Win 7

alltoreego

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
On XP you can right click on start and go to explore and tell by looking at the tree if it is an admin or who the current user is. How do I do this on Win 7?
Thank you

Jeff

Did you try just looking in the event viewer under the security section? It lists all logins along with date and time. It does this in XP too, although you may have to turn auditing on for it to work in XP.

In xp, right-clicking the start button and hitting explore normally takes you to the start menu of the logged in person. It doesn't tell if they have admin rights.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Are you just looking for the current user?

If you click on the start button, or press the windows button, it tells you who you are at the top of the right pane.

You can open a command prompt and it should open you up in your folder - C:\users\"username"

I was thinking if you wanted to know who was logged in, you could go to task manager and show processes from all users.

I believe you can also open up the Remote Desktop Services Manager and find out who has active sessions on the local machine, as well as remote machines.

Hope that at least gets you pointed at an answer.

KGery

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Left click on taskbar, or [Ctrl][Alt][Del] and run Task-Manager. The last page is Users.

TRENDING THREADS