Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
My Rig:
CPU: Phenom II X6 1055T
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
Graphics: ATi Radeon Sapphire 5770
Memory: 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3
Cooling: Antec Kuhler H20 620, push/pull fan configuration on radiator
Case: Antec Nine Hundred with all fan slots filled (total of 7 fans in case, including the 2 on the radiator)
PSU: Antec 550W

When OC'd to 3.5GHz this thing idles at around 19-20C and hasn't ever gone above 42C under extended Prime95 load in a warm room.

The problem is, when I try to take the FSB even from 250MHz to 255MHz, the thing freezes when it tries to load Win7. I've tried every combination of voltages and multipliers for the NB, Memory and CPU that I can think of, and nothing fixes it. I'm pretty far from hitting the "heat wall," and I think my PSU should be adequate. I can't figure this out.

Here's the CPU-Z screencap for my CPU and memory (I did have to slightly overvolt it to even get it to 3.5GHz). Let me know if you need others.

Z4wdL.png

je47Y.png

I appreciate any tips you can give me. Thanks for reading.

Solution
3.5ghz ussualy 1.32v of vcore other setting default..
First You need setting loosen cas and timing ram and increase vdim 0.015 , do it step by step
From 250 .. Raise fsb to 255 in here you need change cas ram to 8-8-8-23 or 9-9-9-24 and raise vdim 0.015
or drop memori divider 3:8 (500mhz) in fsb 250 you will get 667. Other setting disabled C1E, Cool N Quite, spread spectrum, smart boot and and raise vcore 0.050 -0.75 you will get 3.6 ghz. In here must stress test and keep voltage below 50. I believe your cooler can get below 50C . If stable increase fsb again test again .. I hope you can understand my explaining..
Some points:
1) you should have a non-stock CPU heatsink/fan if you overclock (it's quieter even if you don't). See NCIX.

2) you'll see absolutely no difference in video games by overclocking that CPU. You are nowhere near being bottlenecked at the CPU at stock speeds (probably don't average more than 20% CPU usage when gaming with that graphics card).

3) Don't mess with RAM settings if you don't need to. You won't be bottlenecked by your RAM so leave it at a stock, stable speed.

4) make sure you have the latest BIOS as updates sometimes increase stability

5) run Memtest at stock and when overclocked

3.5ghz ussualy 1.32v of vcore other setting default..
First You need setting loosen cas and timing ram and increase vdim 0.015 , do it step by step
From 250 .. Raise fsb to 255 in here you need change cas ram to 8-8-8-23 or 9-9-9-24 and raise vdim 0.015
or drop memori divider 3:8 (500mhz) in fsb 250 you will get 667. Other setting disabled C1E, Cool N Quite, spread spectrum, smart boot and and raise vcore 0.050 -0.75 you will get 3.6 ghz. In here must stress test and keep voltage below 50. I believe your cooler can get below 50C . If stable increase fsb again test again .. I hope you can understand my explaining..

Solution

TacoSundae

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Yes I understood everything you said :). Aaaand... it worked! It was the CAS settings that did it I think. Thank you so much.

Couldn't quite get a stable OC @ 4 GHz, only 3935MHz, but close enough.

KdZR1.jpg

Prime95 has been running for about an hour with no problem. Cooling seems to be working great, holding steady at 46C. Gonna let it go for the rest of the day to be sure, but I think it's stable. Thanks again, can't tell you how much I appreciate it, and I would have never thought to look there for the solution.

Cheers to your overclock sir that is a monster 6 core at 4 GHZ im actually really jealous.

jdkwant

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

Hi TacoSundae,

I have the same mainboard and CPU. I like to overclock, but have never done it before. So I'm not an oc-pro, but I do have a lot of experience with computers. Is it possible for you to explain what you have done in detail?

My specs:
- MB: Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H
- CPU: AMD Phenum II X6 1055T
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
- RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333

Regards, Johan