Sign in with
Your question

Fix D drive

Last response: in Storage
March 15, 2011 10:12:38 PM

Hello,
I have a D drive that is totally full; Computer's OS is XP.
It is the recovery drive in the CPU and I need to return it to it's original state.
Anyone?

More about : fix drive

a b G Storage
March 15, 2011 10:33:06 PM

Let me get this straight...you overwrote the recovery drive and now need that info?
m
l
March 15, 2011 10:51:12 PM

[troll]zomg! you have a recovery drive INSIDE YOUR CPU?! I don't even want to know how you managed to do that...[/troll]

Is your "D:" drive an entire drive or is it a partition? Can you please right click on your "My Computer" icon, select "Manage," go to "Disk Management," put it in fullscreen, and take a screenshot and post it for us? That'd be the easiest way for us to figure out what's going on and how to help.
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
March 16, 2011 6:52:56 PM

On many systems the D drive was the recovery drive and was pretty much full.

If you want to redo your C partition to factory settings then you should have a boot CD of some sort or have a utility on the machine itself that will aide you in making the boot CD that will allow you to boot off it and restore the C drive from the D drive. In some cases you can do this from a BIOS boot as well.

I would highly suggest you determine what you need to save from your C drive and back it up. Then go to the manufacturer website and review their documentation in helping you restore your system.
m
l
a b G Storage
March 18, 2011 6:50:13 PM

What is the make and model number?
m
l
!