ULTRA THIN/SLIM SATA Cabled

belezeebub

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I hope this is the correct place to ask.

My friend came up with a good one today he purchased a HUGE Double SLOT Pixal Tossing toaster of a video card but its so long it blocks 4 out of 6 of his Sata Ports on the motherboard. I did a google search looked on fleabay and Newegg anyone have a source of THIN or SLIM 90 degree SATA cables? the standard 90 Degree red ones won't let the Video card fit into the slot and the stright ones are out of the question

maybe a cable with a 90 going off to the side would fit normal 90s are off to the top or bottom depending on how you want to look at the cable.

Solution
90 degree cables that come with motherboards are normally fairly thin, but, they block other plugs on there own, you need a left angle nor right angle cable.

This said, if it still does not fit, you can with a file remove some of the extra plastic, just do not cut the cable while at it.

The closest ones i have seen are made by Lian Feng. getting you a pic

Right, slightly midded gigabyte cable(it did not fit so I cut a bit). Left Lian Feng Left angle cable. This is important as right angle is great on the hard drive end, but on the board they overlap and left do not. As you can see, there is some room to file it thinner if needed
dscn0694w.jpg

I have a small pile of these cables, i got...
90 degree cables that come with motherboards are normally fairly thin, but, they block other plugs on there own, you need a left angle nor right angle cable.

This said, if it still does not fit, you can with a file remove some of the extra plastic, just do not cut the cable while at it.

The closest ones i have seen are made by Lian Feng. getting you a pic

Right, slightly midded gigabyte cable(it did not fit so I cut a bit). Left Lian Feng Left angle cable. This is important as right angle is great on the hard drive end, but on the board they overlap and left do not. As you can see, there is some room to file it thinner if needed
dscn0694w.jpg

I have a small pile of these cables, i got them from NCIX, but they are not always this kind of cable, so you have to be careful getting them.

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?mode=productreviewread&product_id=14480&pagenumber=1

Solution