This whole influence thing

Having just installed Univ, I can't make my Sims influence anyone. Even
with my Sims with lots of friends, the influence option is always grayed
out in the pie menu.

Is there something wrong with my installation or am I just not doing
something right?

--
--Cuth
48 answers Last reply

    You need to get some influence points before it becomes available.

    I don't think google groups has the binaries either? At least, I
    couldn't find them there. :(

    Cuth - There are certain wants that show up in the regular want panel
    that will have a blue outline around them. If you fulfill these wants
    for your sims, they will gain influence as well as aspiration. The
    influence meter bar should be just to the right of the aspiration meter
    bar. The more friends your Sim has, the more room they have in the
    influence bar for influence points. (It fills in light blue as you gain
    influence points) Once you influence someone to do something, the
    'cost' is subtracted from the influence meter, so you have to fulfill
    those blue-outlined wants again to gain more. :)

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Is there something wrong with my installation or am I just not doing
    > something right?

    To influence you need influence points, which you can get by fulfiling the
    wants with blue outlines. Once you have enough points you will be able to
    enter the influence menu from where you can chose what to influence someone
    to do, but again, only if you have enough points.

    Will Bradshaw wrote:
    > Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    >
    >>Is there something wrong with my installation or am I just not doing
    >>something right?
    >

    > To influence you need influence points, which you can get by fulfiling the
    > wants with blue outlines.

    Which wants? Where are these wants? ;-)

    --
    --Cuth

    I've posted you a picture in Binaries, Cuthbert.

    > Will Bradshaw wrote:
    > > Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > >
    > >>Is there something wrong with my installation or am I just not doing
    > >>something right?
    > >

    > > To influence you need influence points, which you can get by fulfiling
    the
    > > wants with blue outlines.
    >
    > Which wants? Where are these wants? ;-)
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    Hmmm, they used to, wonder what happened?
    I tried to find it too, no luck.

    Maxon wrote:
    > I've posted you a picture in Binaries, Cuthbert.

    Thanks but it doesn't help; my ISP doesn't get binaries.

    --
    --Cuth

    Go look at it thru google groups.

    Emrysia wrote:
    > I don't think google groups has the binaries either? At least, I
    > couldn't find them there. :(
    >
    > Cuth - There are certain wants that show up in the regular want panel
    > that will have a blue outline around them. If you fulfill these wants
    > for your sims, they will gain influence as well as aspiration.

    Aaahhh! Thank you. Perfect!

    --
    --Cuth

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 20:23:12 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Which wants? Where are these wants? ;-)

    The ones outlined in blue. If you hold your mouse over them it tells
    you how many aspiration and influence points you get.

    Influence is really only good for one thing... having someone write
    your termpaper. Just make sure the computer they're closest to isn't
    behind a locked door, or you'll lose your influence points because
    they can't get in...

    I can post it to you if you like.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > Influence is really only good for one thing... having someone write
    > your termpaper. Just make sure the computer they're closest to isn't
    > behind a locked door, or you'll lose your influence points because
    > they can't get in...

    I use it for bastard pranksters that flood the place. I make them
    clean up the mess :-)

    T.

    On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:22:06 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

    >I use it for bastard pranksters that flood the place. I make them
    >clean up the mess :-)

    Influence was a huge letdown for me... I wish it could be used for
    important things as well, such as term papers... OR "do my homework"
    for teen and child sims... or make someone give someone else a mercy
    woohoo or something LOL

    "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >
    >> Influence is really only good for one thing... having someone write
    >> your termpaper. Just make sure the computer they're closest to isn't
    >> behind a locked door, or you'll lose your influence points because
    >> they can't get in...
    >
    > I use it for bastard pranksters that flood the place. I make them clean up
    > the mess :-)
    >
    > T.
    Death by flies is a good one, too. They will never throw a water balloon
    again.

    GG.

    "Guardian Pegasus"
    <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
    in message news:3vo5a1lrj9gll4tncpfr0a9rd8ihaaamca@4ax.com...
    > On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:22:06 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:
    >
    >>I use it for bastard pranksters that flood the place. I make them
    >>clean up the mess :-)
    >
    > Influence was a huge letdown for me... I wish it could be used for
    > important things as well, such as term papers... OR "do my homework"
    > for teen and child sims... or make someone give someone else a mercy
    > woohoo or something LOL

    Gasp! A 'mercy' woo-hoo????

    GG

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:22:06 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl>
    > wrote:
    >> I use it for bastard pranksters that flood the place. I make them
    >> clean up the mess :-)
    > Influence was a huge letdown for me... I wish it could be used for
    > important things as well, such as term papers... OR "do my homework"
    > for teen and child sims... or make someone give someone else a mercy
    > woohoo or something LOL

    I never use it for anything else than cleaning. Maybe I should
    experiment more.

    T.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:40:38 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
    > <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >Death by flies is a good one, too. They will never throw a water balloon
    > >again.
    >
    > Does death by flies ever happen in the game, without the debug cheat?
    > If a sim or their house is too dirty or something? lol

    I've had it happen. I didn't use the debug cheat, although I did use
    the move_objects cheat to... help the cause. I could have done it
    without the cheat, but it would have been more difficult and
    time-consuming.

    Make a long hallway to enter your sims house. Fill every floor tile in
    the hallway with garbage. Make sure your sims do not clean up the
    garbage, and also make sure that that hallway is the only way to
    enter/exit the house. It'll happen, pretty quick, too.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:22:06 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:
    >
    >> I use it for bastard pranksters that flood the place. I make them
    >> clean up the mess :-)
    >
    > Influence was a huge letdown for me... I wish it could be used for
    > important things as well, such as term papers... OR "do my homework"
    > for teen and child sims... or make someone give someone else a mercy
    > woohoo or something LOL

    A "mercy woohoo?"

    Jeanie

    Quick get the smelling salts ....

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:22:06 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:
    >
    >>I use it for bastard pranksters that flood the place. I make them
    >>clean up the mess :-)
    >
    > Influence was a huge letdown for me... I wish it could be used for
    > important things as well, such as term papers...

    It can be used for term papers, it just takes more influence points
    than assignments. Also sometimes you have to make a start on the
    assignment or term paper before you can influence another sim to
    finish them (if they're on a different major?)

    > OR "do my homework"
    > for teen and child sims... or make someone give someone else a mercy
    > woohoo or something LOL

    Those would be good... it does save you having to hire maids and
    gardeners though.

    J.
    --
    ____________________ ____ ___________________________________________________
    With metta from: \ _/__ Run to the fire exit

    > Quick get the smelling salts ....

    Wotch it, you. What ever happened to those hooker Sims?

    A 'mercy' woo-hoo???? Lord-luv-a-duck.

    > "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    > message
    >>
    >> Gasp! A 'mercy' woo-hoo????
    >>
    >> GG

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:40:39 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
    <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Gasp! A 'mercy' woo-hoo????

    Oh boy... never done it myself, never encouraged it, but yes, male
    and female alike, it seems my friends are rather slutty *lol* And
    being that this is a game, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able
    to influence all kind of crazy things. Influence just isn't very
    useful at the moment. Certainly not worth actively pursuing building
    up points for, like aspiration.

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:58:53 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >A "mercy woohoo?"

    See answer to granny LOL

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:58:53 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >> A "mercy woohoo?"
    >
    > See answer to granny LOL

    And it's obvious that you've shocked the grandmothers in this group with
    such a suggestion in the first place. LOL

    Jeanie

    in message news:u286a15u6j7u3th496vuhm02imb2igtv1q@4ax.com...
    > On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:40:38 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
    > <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>Death by flies is a good one, too. They will never throw a water balloon
    >>again.
    >
    > Does death by flies ever happen in the game, without the debug cheat?
    > If a sim or their house is too dirty or something? lol

    Well death by slow starvation on top of a pillar then. Whaetever. I would
    cure them of their pretty little ways.

    I think the flies is through the user-cheat, now you mention it. Strange way
    to go, however and they don;t leave much. Piranha flies.

    GG.

    On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 14:47:38 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

    >I never use it for anything else than cleaning. Maybe I should
    >experiment more.

    But... it's a waste of time and energy, don't you think? I suppose it
    might be slightly useful if your house is dirty and the maid isn't due
    til the next day, but... not really worth pursuing?

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 14:47:38 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:
    >
    >> I never use it for anything else than cleaning. Maybe I should
    >> experiment more.
    >
    > But... it's a waste of time and energy, don't you think? I suppose it
    > might be slightly useful if your house is dirty and the maid isn't due
    > til the next day, but... not really worth pursuing?

    That's the way I feel about it. It's hard to influence someone you don't
    know very well and if it's someone living in the same house, it's easy
    enough to just make them the active sim and then tell them to do it the
    regular way.

    I once influenced a nanny to serve a meal. She burned it and then set it in
    the floor in the corner of the dining room. Bah.

    Jeanie

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 15:18:29 +0100, Jon TMW <jon@serf.org> wrote:

    >Those would be good... it does save you having to hire maids and
    >gardeners though.

    But maids and gardeners and repairmen are so cheap... nearly all my
    sims have full influence bars, because I never use it for anything.
    Occassionally I use it in Uni to write term papers if the finals are
    coming up, but that's basically it... all the other influence things
    are just a waste of time and energy... although pranks are fun! But
    have no real effect, gamewise... for instance, making a professor put
    soap in the fountain should give you serious kudos with the rest of
    campus. I wish they would find more useful things to do with
    influence.

    Cleaning and repairing etc. is well and good, but the NPCs that do
    that job on a regular basis don't demand much. Influencing someone to
    do is wasteful and redundant... Bartenders are nannies are more
    expensive. They should be able to influence people to tend the bar at
    parties, or like in the real world, guilt them into taking care of
    their kids for the day! lol... now that WOULD be useful :-)

    Otherwise I think influence should be what it sounds like...
    influence. You should be able to more actively influence the private
    school headmaster. And you should be able to influence sims to do
    things to YOUR sim! Not just other sims. THEN it would have some use.
    If you could influence someone into kissing you etc. at a critical
    moment, it could speed up things, move things along...

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 15:18:29 +0100, Jon TMW <jon@serf.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Those would be good... it does save you having to hire maids and
    >> gardeners though.
    >
    > But maids and gardeners and repairmen are so cheap... nearly all my
    > sims have full influence bars, because I never use it for anything.
    > Occassionally I use it in Uni to write term papers if the finals are
    > coming up, but that's basically it... all the other influence things
    > are just a waste of time and energy... although pranks are fun! But
    > have no real effect, gamewise... for instance, making a professor put
    > soap in the fountain should give you serious kudos with the rest of
    > campus. I wish they would find more useful things to do with
    > influence.
    >
    > Cleaning and repairing etc. is well and good, but the NPCs that do
    > that job on a regular basis don't demand much. Influencing someone to
    > do is wasteful and redundant... Bartenders are nannies are more
    > expensive. They should be able to influence people to tend the bar at
    > parties, or like in the real world, guilt them into taking care of
    > their kids for the day! lol... now that WOULD be useful :-)
    >
    > Otherwise I think influence should be what it sounds like...
    > influence. You should be able to more actively influence the private
    > school headmaster. And you should be able to influence sims to do
    > things to YOUR sim! Not just other sims. THEN it would have some use.
    > If you could influence someone into kissing you etc. at a critical
    > moment, it could speed up things, move things along...

    And influence should help a sim advance in their career faster. It's not
    what you know, but what you know about the boss! LOL

    Jeanie

    > Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >> On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:58:53 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> A "mercy woohoo?"
    >>
    >> See answer to granny LOL
    >
    > And it's obvious that you've shocked the grandmothers in this group with
    > such a suggestion in the first place. LOL
    >
    > Jeanie

    Didn't shock me; been there, done that. It was the wording that made me
    hoot.
    I mean to say... All right; I am sorry, but I had a mental picture of a
    nun.

    Granny.

    Snort

    > Didn't shock me; been there, done that. It was the wording that made me
    > hoot.
    > I mean to say... All right; I am sorry, but I had a mental picture of a
    > nun.
    >
    > Granny.

    What's the order: Sisters of Mercy?

    Giggle
    Maxon

    > Snort
    >

    > "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    message

    > > Didn't shock me; been there, done that. It was the wording that made me
    > > hoot.
    > > I mean to say... All right; I am sorry, but I had a mental picture of a
    > > nun.
    > >
    > > Granny.

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:22:23 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
    <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >I think the flies is through the user-cheat, now you mention it. Strange way
    >to go, however and they don;t leave much. Piranha flies.

    Give em enough time...

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:47:14 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >And influence should help a sim advance in their career faster. It's not
    >what you know, but what you know about the boss! LOL

    LOL! Imagine if the influence bar counted against friends. So that
    whatever level your influence bar was full at, was also counted
    against friends... it takes 0 friends for level 1 IIRC, and 2 friends
    for level 2. Then at level 2 you'd have your 2 friends, plus when you
    filled the bar, up, 2 extra for full influence..... I dunno, but
    influence should certainly be more useful.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 14:47:38 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl>
    > wrote:
    >> I never use it for anything else than cleaning. Maybe I should
    >> experiment more.
    > But... it's a waste of time and energy, don't you think? I suppose
    > it
    > might be slightly useful if your house is dirty and the maid isn't
    > due
    > til the next day, but... not really worth pursuing?

    Yes, but I like the revenge aspect of it :-) And student houses get
    unbearably filthy without a maid.

    T.

    Maxon wrote:

    > What's the order: Sisters of Mercy?

    That reminds me of a very bad joke...

    But I probably ought to spare you. Since it is bad. And doesn't involve
    Sims.

    -georg

    Taemon wrote:
    > Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 14:47:38 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl>
    >> wrote:
    >>> I never use it for anything else than cleaning. Maybe I should
    >>> experiment more.
    >> But... it's a waste of time and energy, don't you think? I suppose
    >> it
    >> might be slightly useful if your house is dirty and the maid isn't
    >> due
    >> til the next day, but... not really worth pursuing?
    >
    > Yes, but I like the revenge aspect of it :-) And student houses get
    > unbearably filthy without a maid.
    >
    > T.

    So, hire a maid for the dorm. It doesn't cost much. Then the sims have
    time to hang out or go bumming around between classes.

    Jeanie

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:47:14 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >> And influence should help a sim advance in their career faster.
    >> It's not what you know, but what you know about the boss! LOL
    >
    > LOL! Imagine if the influence bar counted against friends. So that
    > whatever level your influence bar was full at, was also counted
    > against friends... it takes 0 friends for level 1 IIRC, and 2 friends
    > for level 2. Then at level 2 you'd have your 2 friends, plus when you
    > filled the bar, up, 2 extra for full influence..... I dunno, but
    > influence should certainly be more useful.

    Maybe it will be in the next expansion pack. Maybe influence will help the
    sims schmooze when they are downtown.

    Jeanie

    Granny Grumpling wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    >>> See answer to granny LOL
    >>
    >> And it's obvious that you've shocked the grandmothers in this group
    >> with such a suggestion in the first place. LOL
    >>
    >> Jeanie
    >>
    > Didn't shock me; been there, done that. It was the wording that made
    > me hoot.
    > I mean to say... All right; I am sorry, but I had a mental picture
    > of a nun.
    >
    > Granny.

    I'm a very naughty woman, Granny. I've built a mission church in
    Strangetown and placed a priest and a nun in it. Got the clothing from some
    site or other, can't remember which now. Anyway, I have Father William and
    Mother Mary Mahoney in residence there. They are only roomies (of course!)
    but both are romance sims. Their habits and robes are their everyday and
    formal apparel, but they go nude for everything else.

    I'm a bad, bad person I am......

    I can't wait for Vidcund to meet them.

    Jeanie

    On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 22:04:54 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

    >Yes, but I like the revenge aspect of it :-) And student houses get
    >unbearably filthy without a maid.

    What revenge aspect? lol

    >> I mean to say... All right; I am sorry, but I had a mental picture
    >> of a nun.
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >
    > I'm a very naughty woman, Granny. I've built a mission church in
    > Strangetown and placed a priest and a nun in it. Got the clothing from
    > some
    > site or other, can't remember which now. Anyway, I have Father William
    > and
    > Mother Mary Mahoney in residence there. They are only roomies (of
    > course!)
    > but both are romance sims. Their habits and robes are their everyday and
    > formal apparel, but they go nude for everything else.
    >
    > I'm a bad, bad person I am......

    8)))
    Are these that detective couple? Names seem to ring a dim and distant bell.

    This brought on a thought. What a pity we can't set a human-nature level
    for the Sims. Sort of 'prim' to 'liberal' or tolerance-ish. The only
    interaction .. I am garbled. Hold on.
    The only way they seem to react is through nice and nasty. A bit of
    shock-horror through to 'howling approval' would be fun. Let's face it you
    can have nice liberal people and raging bigots who bellow about how nice
    they are. If a Sim was.. Oh lor. My brain is stuck in neutral.

    Someone else can sort out what I am talking about. I am damned if I know.

    > I can't wait for Vidcund to meet them.

    Why? What do you expect???
    I like Vidcund - well he's blonde, innit?

    Granny.

    Oh, I have a complete monastery plus a church with a vicar - I really love
    tormenting them all.

    Religion is very definitely NOT my thing.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Granny Grumpling wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>> I mean to say... All right; I am sorry, but I had a mental picture
    >>> of a nun.
    >>>
    >>> Granny.
    >>
    >> I'm a very naughty woman, Granny. I've built a mission church in
    >> Strangetown and placed a priest and a nun in it. Got the clothing
    >> from some
    >> site or other, can't remember which now. Anyway, I have Father
    >> William and
    >> Mother Mary Mahoney in residence there. They are only roomies (of
    >> course!)
    >> but both are romance sims. Their habits and robes are their
    >> everyday and formal apparel, but they go nude for everything else.
    >>
    >> I'm a bad, bad person I am......
    >
    > 8)))
    > Are these that detective couple? Names seem to ring a dim and distant
    > bell.

    No, I wasn't trying to ring any bells. Just made up the names. Are they
    taken already? Drat.

    > This brought on a thought. What a pity we can't set a human-nature
    > level for the Sims. Sort of 'prim' to 'liberal' or tolerance-ish. The
    > only interaction .. I am garbled. Hold on.
    > The only way they seem to react is through nice and nasty. A bit of
    > shock-horror through to 'howling approval' would be fun. Let's face
    > it you can have nice liberal people and raging bigots who bellow
    > about how nice they are. If a Sim was.. Oh lor. My brain is stuck in
    > neutral.
    >
    > Someone else can sort out what I am talking about. I am damned if I
    > know.

    I understand what you mean -- I think. Either that, or I've gone round the
    bend, too. Right now, about the only interaction we get is that everybody
    wolf whistles the romance sims, even when they are as ugly as a mud fence.
    I want to see some "Hmph!"ing going on, some "tsk, tsk," some "Well, I
    never!"s. Mrs Crumplebottom is not what I'm talking about, necessarily,
    though she would be a good place to start.

    >> I can't wait for Vidcund to meet them.
    >>
    > Why? What do you expect???
    > I like Vidcund - well he's blonde, innit?
    >
    > Granny.

    It will be interesting to see which one of them attracts his attention
    first.
    I've also put a vampire couple, Barnabas and Angelique Collins, and their
    adorable little werewolf toddler, Quentin, into the neighborhood. I rebuilt
    the Goth house for them and they are quite comfy in it so far.

    Jeanie

    >>> site or other, can't remember which now. Anyway, I have Father
    >>> William and
    >>> Mother Mary Mahoney in residence there. They are only roomies (of

    >> 8)))
    >> Are these that detective couple? Names seem to ring a dim and distant
    >> bell.
    >
    > No, I wasn't trying to ring any bells. Just made up the names. Are they
    > taken already? Drat.

    No-no, it was just me. I was thinking of that TV prog that I never watched
    anyway. Ignore me.

    >>> I can't wait for Vidcund to meet them.
    >>>
    >> Why? What do you expect???
    >> I like Vidcund - well he's blonde, innit?
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >
    > It will be interesting to see which one of them attracts his attention
    > first.

    Oh. 8(
    <what HAS she done to poor Vidcund?>

    > I've also put a vampire couple, Barnabas and Angelique Collins, and their
    > adorable little werewolf toddler, Quentin,

    Oh my life!!! I just never think of these sort of options. Or, rather,
    they don;t draw me. All my Sims are people... apart from the zombie which
    wasn't expected anyway.

    into the neighborhood. I rebuilt
    > the Goth house for them and they are quite comfy in it so far.

    There was something I wanted to tell you.. A film I was watching, or TV.. a
    house, and I thought. Ah! Excellent successor to the Psycho House... Jeannie
    would jump at that... But which house and where, I can;t remember, I did a
    search.. Universal studios... WHICH house though !!!!!
    I will go make the supper and think about it.

    Granny.

    >>> Why? What do you expect???
    >>> I like Vidcund - well he's blonde, innit?
    >>>
    >>> Granny.
    >>
    >> It will be interesting to see which one of them attracts his
    >> attention first.
    >
    > Oh. 8(
    > <what HAS she done to poor Vidcund?>

    Not much......yet. <evil grin>

    >> I've also put a vampire couple, Barnabas and Angelique Collins, and
    >> their adorable little werewolf toddler, Quentin,
    >
    > Oh my life!!! I just never think of these sort of options. Or,
    > rather, they don;t draw me. All my Sims are people... apart from the
    > zombie which wasn't expected anyway.

    I had a bad experience with custom skins and had to delete an entire
    neighborhood because the sims could no longer give birth. But that hurt
    most because the sims were patterned after my own children and their
    numerous friends. It was quite fun, sending them all to Uni. My teens
    played the game with me during those days and we had a blast. But, I should
    have known better than to do that in the first place. Deleting them because
    of skin conflicts was bad enough. I can only imagine what I'd have felt
    like when they began to die off in the game. 'Twould have sent me into a
    definite decline, that would.

    But, as long as the sims are just cartoons to me, I figure having some
    oddballs in the neighborhood will add some spice. I got the skins from here
    and they all come with heads, too.

    http://www.verystrangesims.com/contenttwo.html

    > into the neighborhood. I rebuilt
    >> the Goth house for them and they are quite comfy in it so far.
    >>
    > There was something I wanted to tell you.. A film I was watching, or
    > TV.. a house, and I thought. Ah! Excellent successor to the Psycho
    > House... Jeannie would jump at that... But which house and where, I
    > can;t remember, I did a search.. Universal studios... WHICH house
    > though !!!!!
    > I will go make the supper and think about it.
    >
    > Granny.

    I'll be looking forward to seeing it.

    Jeanie

    Jeanie wrote:

    > Taemon wrote:
    >> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >>> But... it's a waste of time and energy, don't you think? I suppose
    >>> it might be slightly useful if your house is dirty and the maid
    >>> isn't
    >>> due til the next day, but... not really worth pursuing?
    >> Yes, but I like the revenge aspect of it :-) And student houses
    >> get
    >> unbearably filthy without a maid.
    > So, hire a maid for the dorm. It doesn't cost much. Then the sims
    > have time to hang out or go bumming around between classes.

    I only use it on damned pranksters who make a mess and can damn well
    clean it up themselves, preferably right before the maid's due. Apart
    from that, I don't care about influence.

    T.

    >> There was something I wanted to tell you.. A film I was watching, or
    >> TV.. a house, and I thought. Ah! Excellent successor to the Psycho
    >> House... Jeannie would jump at that... But which house and where, I
    >> can;t remember, I did a search.. Universal studios... WHICH house
    >> though !!!!!
    >> I will go make the supper and think about it.
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >
    > I'll be looking forward to seeing it.

    I fear you will wait a long time. I remembered it was the .. Oh, Klopek
    House in Burbs. I watched it downstairs and never thought to dash up here
    and grab a few screen shots.
    Besides, I thknk it is just another of those largish .. dunno what you call
    it, American Gothic, suburban type Victorianish slightly with knobs on? We
    don;t see them much in the UK.

    Strawberry Hill? 8) Nah.
    Back to the drawing board and my house on a stick. The Hotel Du Lacklustre
    being shelved for the time being.

    Granny.

Sims Games Video Games