Missing or corrupt WINDOWSSYSTEM32CONFIGSYSTEM

yoyo

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

I am unable to boot up my sony Laptop because I get this
error message and it stops at this message. Help!

Greetings --

The precise recovery steps are here:

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

Once you've recovered, you might want to look here, as well:

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"yoyo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am unable to boot up my sony Laptop because I get this
> error message and it stops at this message. Help!

Hi

Try the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307545

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"yoyo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I am unable to boot up my sony Laptop because I get this
| error message and it stops at this message. Help!

stuart

When you view the atrical below it says :

Warning: Do not use the procedure that is described in this article if your
computer has an OEM-installed operating system. The system hive on OEM
installations creates passwords and user accounts that did not exist
previously. If you use the procedure that is described in this article, you
may not be able to log back into the recovery console to restore the original
registry hives.

Mine is a Toshiba OEM version HELP!!

Stuart wrote:
> When you view the atrical below it says :
>
> Warning: Do not use the procedure that is described in this
> article if your computer has an OEM-installed operating system. The
> system hive on OEM installations creates passwords and user
> accounts that did not exist previously. If you use the procedure
> that is described in this article, you may not be able to log back
> into the recovery console to restore the original registry hives.
>
> Mine is a Toshiba OEM version HELP!!

Contact Toshiba and ask them the correct procedures for performing a
normal repair action using their OEM CD. Refer them to the KB
Article.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: