How will this work?
I will be doing some gaming that I dont want any lag in, problably not too much Crysis , and lots of video editing and web surfing.
Should I step down to an older Phenom X4 to save money?
Will the Phenom II X3 unlock X4 thingy work with this board (790GX North Bridge)
Could I do some type of Crossfire with the 3300 onboard and the 3850 I have?
Thanks for all the help and I hope this is not too confusing.
The HEC (Orion) power supplies have a pretty poor reputation, normally i'd say switch it out, but since you're going for a tight budget system, i'd keep it. Just be cautious of any problems you might have (BSODs, black screens or soft lock ups) they could be power related.
1. All your parts are compatible.
2. Don't step down to an older Phenom, if you have to, drop to the PhenomII x2 550
3. Biostar should still have a BIOS version that MAY be capable of unlocking the 4th core of the 720, but don't bet on it.
4. You will not be able to use the HD3850 for hybrid crossfire.
5. The HD3850 is an aging and lower middle graphic card, don't expect too much out of it.