H60 for an I5 760

Guardianx1015

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Hello I have an I5-760 and currently my 3rd party heatsink is performing worse than my stock heatsink for some weird reason. It used to perform decently though. The thermal paste is probably just old but never-the-less I was thinking about getting the H60 heatsink and I would like some other people's inputs on it. If anyone has any experience with it could they tell me a few pros and cons about it. I have never water cooled and I've read that its supposed to be maintenance free. Does that mean it comes with liquid already in it? Another question is how much do you think I could overclock my cpu with it? Thanks for any input.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Overclocking is 99.99% limited on user's ability, hardware being used and the combination of both...very, very rarely is it heat that limits an overclock. What heatsink didn't perform like you thought? In almost every case, an aftermarket heatsink should at least perform as well as the stock cooler, if not better.

Are you sure you don't have case airflow problems? Pull the side of your case and blow a house or desk fan on high speed into your case. Benchmark, game, encode video...etc. Note your temps.

If your temps get cooler, you have a case airflow problem and you should address those...even a better cooler will fail to perform well with poor airflow. If your temps remain the same, you have a cooler, mounting or hardware issue.

TRENDING THREADS