Installing Case fans on Antec 1200

jasonreddy

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I am building my first PC and have had questions throughout but the forums have been the best place for info. I have almost everything hooked up except my case fans and have a question. I am using an Antec 1200 case with just the preinstalled case fans (plus CPU cooler of course) and I am aware that you use the 4 pin modular connector from my PSU (Rosewill 1000W) and connect it to the fans. My first question is the cord I have has 5 connectors for 4 pin modular devices and some fans are close can I hook multiple fans into the same slot on the 5 connection cord? Also, at the end of the cord (opposite of the PSU) there is a plug and I am not for sure where this plug should be inserted if anywhere? I am using a Asus 6pt Mobo as well. Any help would be great I am learning as I go.

I'm kinda lost here....

As far as the cord issue with the fans, yes you can but i wouldn't connect more than four fans on a single molex connector. Try dividing the fans and use at least 2 molex connectors for all your fans, meaning connect 2 fans for each molex.

That plug you are unfamiliar with, is it 4 pins, about half an inch wide and an eighth inch tall and white? If so its a floppy drive connector, never opened up an older computer?

Try to spread your fans across the various wires as well, it doesnt do any good to spread them between 3 molex connectors if they are all on the same line from the PSU, try to split them between two separate power lines if you can.