Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Problem in Desktop--Please respond immedietly, It's urgent

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
December 4, 2011 1:26:41 PM

Hello,
I have desktop(250 GB SATA Hard-disc, Dual Core, 2GB DDR2 ram ). I have purchased it 32 months before, It was running very well, But Since Last 2 months i'm facing too many problems with my Desktop... please help me. My problems are.

1:: I've formatted and installed several times a new copy of windows XP sp2. But always, after some time system goes very slow ( mostly when i use Internet and browsers like firefox, chrome ). Even I have formatted whole hard drive many times.

2:: When i am formatting and installing XP sp2, after 1 or 2 days all exe files of system ( Like: svchost.exe, f1ku.exe, explorer.exe, notepad.exe, i6g8xs.exe, igfxsrvc.exe, rundll, winlogon.exe etc... ) are not responding or destroyed.

3:: After sometime .exe's of other application software's are destroyed.

4:: I have also tried other OS like windows 7, Vista but faced same problems as above.

Is there any hardware problem or something else behind this? Please help me.. I am really in trouble.

Thanks

Best solution

December 4, 2011 3:50:46 PM

ashutoshgupta said:
Hello,
I have desktop(250 GB SATA Hard-disc, Dual Core, 2GB DDR2 ram ). I have purchased it 32 months before, It was running very well, But Since Last 2 months i'm facing too many problems with my Desktop... please help me. My problems are.

1:: I've formatted and installed several times a new copy of windows XP sp2. But always, after some time system goes very slow ( mostly when i use Internet and browsers like firefox, chrome ). Even I have formatted whole hard drive many times.

2:: When i am formatting and installing XP sp2, after 1 or 2 days all exe files of system ( Like: svchost.exe, f1ku.exe, explorer.exe, notepad.exe, i6g8xs.exe, igfxsrvc.exe, rundll, winlogon.exe etc... ) are not responding or destroyed.

3:: After sometime .exe's of other application software's are destroyed.

4:: I have also tried other OS like windows 7, Vista but faced same problems as above.

You have classic symptoms of being repeatedly infected. Get some protection, or run antivirus scans and antimalware scans. (Malwarebytes)

Is there any hardware problem or something else behind this? Please help me.. I am really in trouble.

Thanks

Share
December 4, 2011 4:12:08 PM



thanks
but tell me.. is this due to some hardware problems?
m
0
l
Related resources
December 4, 2011 6:22:10 PM

ashutoshgupta said:
thanks
but tell me.. is this due to some hardware problems?



More likely due to a virus or other malware that got on your computer while you were online.
m
0
l
December 5, 2011 9:10:20 AM

hello
thanks for reply....

as per your suggestion, i'have installed antivirus ( avg 8.5 ) after formatting whole hdd with 'xp sp2'. but now avg is detecting all system exe and html files as virus. And exe files of accessories (notepad, cmd, calc, games) are also detected as virus and destroyed... now what should i do...I'm really depressed
m
0
l
December 5, 2011 9:57:32 AM

ashutoshgupta said:
hello
thanks for reply....

as per your suggestion, i'have installed antivirus ( avg 8.5 ) after formatting whole hdd with 'xp sp2'. but now avg is detecting all system exe and html files as virus. And exe files of accessories (notepad, cmd, calc, games) are also detected as virus and destroyed... now what should i do...I'm really depressed


I can certainly understand your depressed state of mind, but don't give up !
If, as you say, you formatted drive, and reinstalled XP, at that point your system should be cleaned of infections. However, if you had to go online, without AV protection, to download & install AVG, you could have been re-infected.
But, it is suspicious to me, that all files were detected as being infected.
Insert your Windows CD and do a repair install. Then run your AVG scans one more time. And, you are running XP, SP2, which is really out of date, and should be updated to SP3. And have Windows Automatic updates turned on to receive all hot fixes (you will be receiving 100's of them) !
m
0
l
December 5, 2011 10:48:28 AM




thank you... let me try these things
m
0
l
December 5, 2011 11:12:35 AM

halohhh.
may be your prosscessor..
m
0
l
December 5, 2011 6:41:10 PM

There are some viruses can can survive a reformatting. They install themselves on the small unformatted section of your hard drive. The odds of someone writing something so sophisticated for such an old OS... something like the odds of C3PO not getting shut down while Han Solo successfully pilots the Millennium Falcon through an asteroid field.
m
0
l
April 1, 2012 4:39:51 PM

Best answer selected by ashutoshgupta.
m
0
l
!