Computer will not turn on!!!

wolf397

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
Hello. I'm new to building custom PCs and stuff like that.
I just put together a new computer with custom parts i have bought off of the web.
After putting everything into my case, I try to power it on. Nothing. I press the reset button, the lights on the fans flicker and the fans move slightly. it repeats this if the reset button is held. Nothing shows on the screen
Please help me fix this.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
BFG GeForce GTX 260 896mb GDDR3
Asus M4A78t-E motherboard
Xion PowerReal 1000w ATX Power Supply
Antec Nine Hundred Gaming Case

if any other information is needed, just ask.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
You have checked ALL your connections both power and data,are you sure that your front panel connections are correct ,y'know start,reset etc,,..
If so then you might consider the following,remove mobo from case,now with nothing plugged in to the mobo jumper the bios and remove the system battery,now examine the mobo both sides for any thing that should not be there or is loose or out of place,you should ?? find zilch,now reset battery and bios back,now breadboard the mobo on top of it's box with psu ,video,min ram and something to boot to dvd/floppy,you do not really have to boot but you should be able to repeatedly at the least,, be able to get into the bios,if you can not access the bios you may have a ,shudder,DOA ,,mobo ,[hope not]...
In any event you need to determine 1,is it a user error or 2, A hardware or 3,bad hook up,,it's probably just some little detail that you will find upon and after a thorough look see..:)

magruder13

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
yea, read that, and if u dont find anything, whats ur RAM, type, speed, timings, and make sure u can read properly and your power switch is plugged into the correct parts on the motherboard.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
One thing that the link (boot fail) doesn't cover is the power cord itself. It's rare but a cheap one can short inside. I know because I've had happen twice to me. Check Newegg reviews for Logysis 575 watt PSU and you'll see how one cheaply made power cords pissed off a bunch of users.