Subtle changes in Sim behavior

Is it just me, or are Sims more "social" since University? I'm
observing what seem to be subtle changes in their day-to-day behavior.
They seem to interact more now, doing things together like sitting on
the couch in a group and watching TV, or dancing together, more than
they did in the past without me clicking on them. And they seem to get
"distracted" and run off to do their own thing a little less, though it
still can be a chore to get them to take the groceries from the delivery
man.

--
--Cuth
8 answers Last reply

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 23:31:10 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Is it just me, or are Sims more "social" since University? I'm
    >observing what seem to be subtle changes in their day-to-day behavior.
    >They seem to interact more now, doing things together like sitting on
    >the couch in a group and watching TV, or dancing together, more than

    Yeppers, I'm pretty sure they altered a lot of behavior... one
    *annoying* thing they did is make sims go for whatever is closest to
    them, rather than fulfill the highest need, unless it's in the red!
    They call this "situational awareness" LOL.. what a joke :p

    Anywho.. sims also talk a lot more now, because they can talk while
    theyre doing different stuff like one reading and one watching TV.

    Oh jeez they'll hang out anywhere they can find a spare bit of floor -
    in front of the oven, next to the toilet, on opposite sides of the
    dining table, under a coffee table...

    And I seemed to notice that they'd autonomously go and answer the phone
    or the door now, when previously I had to tell them to every time.
    (Although slightly annoying having every sim in the house head for the
    phone when the dma teleport thing has already brought up the Caller-ID
    and I've sent the appropriate person to go answer it)

    If only kicky bag wasn't an autonomous action though... but then I may
    as well wish for sims to be able to watch TV from a couch that isn't
    facing the screen. It's not that hard to turn your heads, kids!

    ~*~
    vecki

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 23:31:10 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    > <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Is it just me, or are Sims more "social" since University? I'm
    >>observing what seem to be subtle changes in their day-to-day behavior.
    >>They seem to interact more now, doing things together like sitting on
    >>the couch in a group and watching TV, or dancing together, more than
    >

    > Yeppers, I'm pretty sure they altered a lot of behavior... one
    > *annoying* thing they did is make sims go for whatever is closest to
    > them, rather than fulfill the highest need, unless it's in the red!
    > They call this "situational awareness" LOL.. what a joke :p
    >
    > Anywho.. sims also talk a lot more now, because they can talk while
    > theyre doing different stuff like one reading and one watching TV.

    I also like this new behavior "hang out," at least among the college
    Sims. Two of them were sitting *in the street* the other night,
    talking. I was so tempted to have the third Sim order a pizza to see
    what would happen when the car came speeding by!

    --
    --Cuth

    vecki wrote:
    > Oh jeez they'll hang out anywhere they can find a spare bit of floor -
    > in front of the oven, next to the toilet, on opposite sides of the
    > dining table, under a coffee table...
    >
    > And I seemed to notice that they'd autonomously go and answer the
    > phone or the door now, when previously I had to tell them to every
    > time. (Although slightly annoying having every sim in the house head
    > for the phone when the dma teleport thing has already brought up the
    > Caller-ID and I've sent the appropriate person to go answer it)
    >
    > If only kicky bag wasn't an autonomous action though... but then I may
    > as well wish for sims to be able to watch TV from a couch that isn't
    > facing the screen. It's not that hard to turn your heads, kids!
    >
    > ~*~
    > vecki

    They also can't watch a small TV if they are too far away from it, either.
    And why can't they just pop a squat on the floor to watch TV? Or sprawl out
    there like real kids do?

    Jeanie

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:25:53 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >I also like this new behavior "hang out," at least among the college
    >Sims. Two of them were sitting *in the street* the other night,
    >talking. I was so tempted to have the third Sim order a pizza to see
    >what would happen when the car came speeding by!

    Me too... it's too bad adults and others can't do it. Wish someone
    would hack that.

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 01:29:44 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >They also can't watch a small TV if they are too far away from it, either.
    >And why can't they just pop a squat on the floor to watch TV? Or sprawl out
    >there like real kids do?

    And some adults... LOL

    <--- like me

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 01:29:44 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >> They also can't watch a small TV if they are too far away from it,
    >> either. And why can't they just pop a squat on the floor to watch
    >> TV? Or sprawl out there like real kids do?
    >
    > And some adults... LOL
    >
    > <--- like me

    I'm afraid my floor sprawling days are over with. Once I get down there, I
    need one or two people to help me get back up! LOL

    Jeanie

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:50:40 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >I'm afraid my floor sprawling days are over with. Once I get down there, I
    >need one or two people to help me get back up! LOL

    Heh heh, I've got my dad's muscles and my mom's flexibility. He was a
    bodybuilder and she was a gymnast! My sister got it the other way
    around poor thing... LOL!

Sims Games Video Games