Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Subtle changes in Sim behavior

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 3:31:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Is it just me, or are Sims more "social" since University? I'm
observing what seem to be subtle changes in their day-to-day behavior.
They seem to interact more now, doing things together like sitting on
the couch in a group and watching TV, or dancing together, more than
they did in the past without me clicking on them. And they seem to get
"distracted" and run off to do their own thing a little less, though it
still can be a chore to get them to take the groceries from the delivery
man.

--
--Cuth

More about : subtle sim behavior

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 10:09:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 23:31:10 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Is it just me, or are Sims more "social" since University? I'm
>observing what seem to be subtle changes in their day-to-day behavior.
>They seem to interact more now, doing things together like sitting on
>the couch in a group and watching TV, or dancing together, more than

Yeppers, I'm pretty sure they altered a lot of behavior... one
*annoying* thing they did is make sims go for whatever is closest to
them, rather than fulfill the highest need, unless it's in the red!
They call this "situational awareness" LOL.. what a joke :p 

Anywho.. sims also talk a lot more now, because they can talk while
theyre doing different stuff like one reading and one watching TV.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 9:20:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Oh jeez they'll hang out anywhere they can find a spare bit of floor -
in front of the oven, next to the toilet, on opposite sides of the
dining table, under a coffee table...

And I seemed to notice that they'd autonomously go and answer the phone
or the door now, when previously I had to tell them to every time.
(Although slightly annoying having every sim in the house head for the
phone when the dma teleport thing has already brought up the Caller-ID
and I've sent the appropriate person to go answer it)

If only kicky bag wasn't an autonomous action though... but then I may
as well wish for sims to be able to watch TV from a couch that isn't
facing the screen. It's not that hard to turn your heads, kids!

~*~
vecki
Related resources
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 1:25:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 23:31:10 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
> <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>
>>Is it just me, or are Sims more "social" since University? I'm
>>observing what seem to be subtle changes in their day-to-day behavior.
>>They seem to interact more now, doing things together like sitting on
>>the couch in a group and watching TV, or dancing together, more than
>
>
> Yeppers, I'm pretty sure they altered a lot of behavior... one
> *annoying* thing they did is make sims go for whatever is closest to
> them, rather than fulfill the highest need, unless it's in the red!
> They call this "situational awareness" LOL.. what a joke :p 
>
> Anywho.. sims also talk a lot more now, because they can talk while
> theyre doing different stuff like one reading and one watching TV.

I also like this new behavior "hang out," at least among the college
Sims. Two of them were sitting *in the street* the other night,
talking. I was so tempted to have the third Sim order a pizza to see
what would happen when the car came speeding by!

--
--Cuth
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 5:29:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

vecki wrote:
> Oh jeez they'll hang out anywhere they can find a spare bit of floor -
> in front of the oven, next to the toilet, on opposite sides of the
> dining table, under a coffee table...
>
> And I seemed to notice that they'd autonomously go and answer the
> phone or the door now, when previously I had to tell them to every
> time. (Although slightly annoying having every sim in the house head
> for the phone when the dma teleport thing has already brought up the
> Caller-ID and I've sent the appropriate person to go answer it)
>
> If only kicky bag wasn't an autonomous action though... but then I may
> as well wish for sims to be able to watch TV from a couch that isn't
> facing the screen. It's not that hard to turn your heads, kids!
>
> ~*~
> vecki

They also can't watch a small TV if they are too far away from it, either.
And why can't they just pop a squat on the floor to watch TV? Or sprawl out
there like real kids do?

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 12:05:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:25:53 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I also like this new behavior "hang out," at least among the college
>Sims. Two of them were sitting *in the street* the other night,
>talking. I was so tempted to have the third Sim order a pizza to see
>what would happen when the car came speeding by!

Me too... it's too bad adults and others can't do it. Wish someone
would hack that.
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 6:40:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 01:29:44 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>They also can't watch a small TV if they are too far away from it, either.
>And why can't they just pop a squat on the floor to watch TV? Or sprawl out
>there like real kids do?

And some adults... LOL

<--- like me
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 7:50:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 01:29:44 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
>
>> They also can't watch a small TV if they are too far away from it,
>> either. And why can't they just pop a squat on the floor to watch
>> TV? Or sprawl out there like real kids do?
>
> And some adults... LOL
>
> <--- like me

I'm afraid my floor sprawling days are over with. Once I get down there, I
need one or two people to help me get back up! LOL

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 10:15:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:50:40 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>I'm afraid my floor sprawling days are over with. Once I get down there, I
>need one or two people to help me get back up! LOL

Heh heh, I've got my dad's muscles and my mom's flexibility. He was a
bodybuilder and she was a gymnast! My sister got it the other way
around poor thing... LOL!
!