Solved

(6) HP laptops with Kingston v100 SSD - BAD HARD DRIVE

My company has around a (100) HP 8440p laptops that we have put Kingston v100 64GB or 128GB. This morning, six users reported that they are getting the Non-System disk error upon booting. The drives are no longer recongnizable by that laptop or any other. At least 3 users claim that they installed Windows update and rebooted, and thats when it happened. This is somewhat of a huge crisis around here, and we really need to make sure it does not grow any larger.

In BIOS, we typically have it set to IDE Mode, but we have tried changing that as well as other BIOS drive settings with no luck.


Any Ideas?!?!
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptops kingston v100 hard drive
  1. Best answer
    DJSupport said:
    My company has around a (100) HP 8440p laptops that we have put Kingston v100 64GB or 128GB. This morning, six users reported that they are getting the Non-System disk error upon booting. The drives are no longer recongnizable by that laptop or any other. At least 3 users claim that they installed Windows update and rebooted, and thats when it happened. This is somewhat of a huge crisis around here, and we really need to make sure it does not grow any larger.

    In BIOS, we typically have it set to IDE Mode, but we have tried changing that as well as other BIOS drive settings with no luck.


    Any Ideas?!?!



    Hi, I work for Kingston Technology Europe and I have just come across your comments. A small percentage of our SSDNow V100 have experienced a technical issue on the firmware. We recommend that a firmware update be applied to prevent possible data loss.

    We recommend that you back up your data prior to applying the firmware revision. The firmware update can be found here: www.kingston.com/support/ssdnow/v100_firmware.asp

    For more information you can call the customer service team at +44 (0) 1932 738950
  2. kdel said:
    DJSupport said:
    My company has around a (100) HP 8440p laptops that we have put Kingston v100 64GB or 128GB. This morning, six users reported that they are getting the Non-System disk error upon booting. The drives are no longer recongnizable by that laptop or any other. At least 3 users claim that they installed Windows update and rebooted, and thats when it happened. This is somewhat of a huge crisis around here, and we really need to make sure it does not grow any larger.

    In BIOS, we typically have it set to IDE Mode, but we have tried changing that as well as other BIOS drive settings with no luck.


    Any Ideas?!?!



    Hi, I work for Kingston Technology Europe and I have just come across your comments. A small percentage of our SSDNow V100 have experienced a technical issue on the firmware. We recommend that a firmware update be applied to prevent possible data loss.

    We recommend that you back up your data prior to applying the firmware revision. The firmware update can be found here: www.kingston.com/support/ssdnow/v100_firmware.asp

    For more information you can call the customer service team at +44 (0) 1932 738950


    Hi, I'm trying to solve a problem with one of the computers here that has an kingston V100 256gb that stoped booting windows and is stuck in rebooting forever.
    searching the web I saw that some of this models where faulty and needed some update on the firmware, but I can find just the 128gb version. Can I update de firmware of my 256gb ssd drive with the 128gb update?
  3. jonatas said:

    Hi, I'm trying to solve a problem with one of the computers here that has an kingston V100 256gb that stoped booting windows and is stuck in rebooting forever.
    searching the web I saw that some of this models where faulty and needed some update on the firmware, but I can find just the 128gb version. Can I update de firmware of my 256gb ssd drive with the 128gb update?


    Hi I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support. We do not currently have a firmware update available for the V100 256GB drive. We can still help you with the issue by troubleshooting over the phone or if faulty the drive can be replaced under warranty. Please call us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT and I or another available Technician will assist you. Please be sure to have the part in question on hand when you call.

    Thank you for selecting Kingston as your upgrade partner.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Laptops Kingston Hewlett Packard Storage