Laptop continously reboots in a loop can't acces settings

amberevola

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
My computer boots continously in a loop. I tried to use F8 , F2, F11 and no luck it just reboots in a loop. I tried to put an xp disk in and it made no difference. Nothing I do effects it in any way. What can I do? Is it a hard drive issue?

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

If you tap F8 several times before Windows tries to load, one of the options should be "Disable automatic restart on system failure". Select that and you should then see the startup stall on a blue screen with a Stop Error message. Post back the details of that - the numeric 0x0000?? and the alphabetic ANY_WORDS_JOINED_UP by underscores and someone will be able to help.

amberevola

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
What finally got me booted into windows was a hard reset. ( Unplugged the laptop and took the battery out and then held the power button for about thirty secounds to drain the power compleatly, then put the battery back in and plugged the computer in and turned it on and.......wha laa! Booted in on the first try. ) That was the ONLY way I could get in. I tried an emergancy boot disk, operating sys intall disk, could not get to bios, safemode , or any other type of typical recovery method. Boots fine now.