After adding 2nd HDD, Windows 7 startup repair on boot

capthorp

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
I also asked this under general discussion in Windows 7 thread, but might be appropriate here too:

So yesterday I added another hard drive to my computer. I now have 2 SATA hard drives
running in my machine. I used the disk managment, and the 2nd hard drive is working as it should.

However, when I shut down my computer and turned it back on, Windows will boot to the Startup Repair screen every time. I checked the BIOS and made sure the boot order was correct, and even took the 2nd hard drive off the boot order in order to make sure it wasn't causing any issues. It's pretty annoying, because every time I start up, I have to wait for the whole repair process before it will load normally. Each time it always says that there are no repairs that could be made.

I also am not able to put my computer in sleep mode any longer. I believe my BIOS setting is set to S1, and before I never had any problems. I would put my comp to sleep and everything would be fine. After the 2nd hard drive, my monitor will turn off and it sounds like 1 of the hard drives turns off, but the CPU and fan are still running and it does not completely go to sleep.

Anyone else had these types of issues?

capthorp

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
That's what I'll be doing when I get home today. I'll do a disk check and see if maybe it didn't format correctly. It's a 500gb drive, and when I used the disk management it seemed to format almost instantly, which I thought was really fast for a 500gb drive.