renaming and descriptions for lots?

I am not too happy with clicking on a shopping mall or something I
created and getting the blurb 'build something here blah blah". is
there any way to change these details?
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

should have mentioned in sims2 with university expansion

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

When you're building, you can change that description prior to entering the
lot I believe. Place the empty lot, then click on it. Change the details
when the window pops up and then enter the lot to build. You may be able to
change it after you build too by exiting the lot & then clicking on it. I
don't build community lots often, but I know it's one of those two ways.

Chris

Chris O'Malley wrote:

> When you're building, you can change that description prior to entering the
> lot I believe. Place the empty lot, then click on it. Change the details
> when the window pops up and then enter the lot to build. You may be able to
> change it after you build too by exiting the lot & then clicking on it. I
> don't build community lots often, but I know it's one of those two ways.
>
> Chris

I kind of wanted to do it as an afterthought as I often mess around
with stuff, including lots already on the game. I found all those
groceries in one place boring and converted half the store into a
clothing store, so i thought it would be nice for the blurb to reflect
that. i tried clicking on individual lots but there seems to be no
option to rename or change descriptions

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Do you want to change the name or the blurb? Just click on the offending
'build something here' dialog and type in something new if it is the blurb
that annoys. If it is the name you will need to move the lot in and out of
the house bin as lot renaming is only available on placement.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM

Paul Heslop wrote:
> I am not too happy with clicking on a shopping mall or something I
> created and getting the blurb 'build something here blah blah". is
> there any way to change these details?

I think you can change the name if you first put it in the house bin and
then put it back in the neighborhood, the game should ask if you want to
keep or change the name.

Bianca

Rumpel wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > I am not too happy with clicking on a shopping mall or something I
> > created and getting the blurb 'build something here blah blah". is
> > there any way to change these details?
>
> I think you can change the name if you first put it in the house bin and
> then put it back in the neighborhood, the game should ask if you want to
> keep or change the name.
>
> Bianca

Thanks, I just read that online :O) What about the description? Plus,
would putting it in the house bin remove all its objects? That would
cause an awful lot of problems

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Everything stays put when you move into and out of the bin (even people
inside the house stay there) but the description can be changed just by
clicking on it.

--

Madame Mim wrote:

> Do you want to change the name or the blurb? Just click on the offending
> 'build something here' dialog and type in something new if it is the blurb
> that annoys. If it is the name you will need to move the lot in and out of
> the house bin as lot renaming is only available on placement.
>
> --
> Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
>
> MM

mainly the blurb, I'll check that out thanks

--

Madame Mim wrote:

> Everything stays put when you move into and out of the bin (even people
> inside the house stay there) but the description can be changed just by
> clicking on it.
>
> --
> Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
>
> MM

Thanking you all, off to experiment now

Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

erm,

I mean, jolly good.

--

Paul Heslop wrote:

> Madame Mim wrote:
> >
> > Everything stays put when you move into and out of the bin (even people
> > inside the house stay there) but the description can be changed just by
> > clicking on it.
> >
> > --
> > Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
> >
> > MM
>
> Thanking you all, off to experiment now
>
> Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaa
>
> erm,
>
> I mean, jolly good.

worked like a charm, thank you!

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Just click on the blurb and you can change it - at ANY time.

Best wishes
Maxon

Maxon wrote:

> Just click on the blurb and you can change it - at ANY time.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Yeah, i got it thanks :O)