renaming and descriptions for lots?

I am not too happy with clicking on a shopping mall or something I
created and getting the blurb 'build something here blah blah". is
there any way to change these details?
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

    should have mentioned in sims2 with university expansion

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    When you're building, you can change that description prior to entering the
    lot I believe. Place the empty lot, then click on it. Change the details
    when the window pops up and then enter the lot to build. You may be able to
    change it after you build too by exiting the lot & then clicking on it. I
    don't build community lots often, but I know it's one of those two ways.

    Chris

    Chris O'Malley wrote:

    > When you're building, you can change that description prior to entering the
    > lot I believe. Place the empty lot, then click on it. Change the details
    > when the window pops up and then enter the lot to build. You may be able to
    > change it after you build too by exiting the lot & then clicking on it. I
    > don't build community lots often, but I know it's one of those two ways.
    >
    > Chris

    I kind of wanted to do it as an afterthought as I often mess around
    with stuff, including lots already on the game. I found all those
    groceries in one place boring and converted half the store into a
    clothing store, so i thought it would be nice for the blurb to reflect
    that. i tried clicking on individual lots but there seems to be no
    option to rename or change descriptions

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    Do you want to change the name or the blurb? Just click on the offending
    'build something here' dialog and type in something new if it is the blurb
    that annoys. If it is the name you will need to move the lot in and out of
    the house bin as lot renaming is only available on placement.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

    MM

    Paul Heslop wrote:
    > I am not too happy with clicking on a shopping mall or something I
    > created and getting the blurb 'build something here blah blah". is
    > there any way to change these details?

    I think you can change the name if you first put it in the house bin and
    then put it back in the neighborhood, the game should ask if you want to
    keep or change the name.

    Bianca

    Rumpel wrote:

    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > I am not too happy with clicking on a shopping mall or something I
    > > created and getting the blurb 'build something here blah blah". is
    > > there any way to change these details?
    >
    > I think you can change the name if you first put it in the house bin and
    > then put it back in the neighborhood, the game should ask if you want to
    > keep or change the name.
    >
    > Bianca

    Thanks, I just read that online :O) What about the description? Plus,
    would putting it in the house bin remove all its objects? That would
    cause an awful lot of problems

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    Everything stays put when you move into and out of the bin (even people
    inside the house stay there) but the description can be changed just by
    clicking on it.

    --

    Madame Mim wrote:

    > Do you want to change the name or the blurb? Just click on the offending
    > 'build something here' dialog and type in something new if it is the blurb
    > that annoys. If it is the name you will need to move the lot in and out of
    > the house bin as lot renaming is only available on placement.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
    >
    > MM

    mainly the blurb, I'll check that out thanks

    --

    Madame Mim wrote:

    > Everything stays put when you move into and out of the bin (even people
    > inside the house stay there) but the description can be changed just by
    > clicking on it.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
    >
    > MM

    Thanking you all, off to experiment now

    Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

    erm,

    I mean, jolly good.

    --

    Paul Heslop wrote:

    > Madame Mim wrote:
    > >
    > > Everything stays put when you move into and out of the bin (even people
    > > inside the house stay there) but the description can be changed just by
    > > clicking on it.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
    > >
    > > MM
    >
    > Thanking you all, off to experiment now
    >
    > Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaa
    >
    > erm,
    >
    > I mean, jolly good.

    worked like a charm, thank you!

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    Just click on the blurb and you can change it - at ANY time.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Maxon wrote:

    > Just click on the blurb and you can change it - at ANY time.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    Yeah, i got it thanks :O)

    --