Sign in with
Your question

Recovery of data from corrupted hard disc

Last response: in Storage
March 16, 2011 7:18:33 PM

Hello,

Pl guide me as to how I can recover my data from a corrupted hard disc..

Its very important pl help....

Sonali
a b G Storage
March 16, 2011 7:34:29 PM

Details details details.
What happened why do you think its corrupt, and what is it doing now? What format is the hard drive in, what OS was it running or attached to?
m
l
March 16, 2011 7:35:44 PM

Pay a recovery center $1000s of dollars.
m
l
Related resources
March 17, 2011 12:03:40 PM

Hi, goto www.ubuntu.com
download the image burn to a cd and then boot from the cd see if you can access the harddisk.
P.S. if the harddisk is clicking please wrap in plastic bag and put into the freezer after cooling it for 5 hours take it and immediately plug into the computer and copy all the data out.
m
l
January 24, 2013 10:06:30 AM

simonyee04 said:
Hi, goto www.ubuntu.com
download the image burn to a cd and then boot from the cd see if you can access the harddisk.
P.S. if the harddisk is clicking please wrap in plastic bag and put into the freezer after cooling it for 5 hours take it and immediately plug into the computer and copy all the data out.

is it working?
m
l
February 10, 2014 3:50:55 AM

Firstly, do not write any data to your “corrupted hard disc” in order to avoid the lost data being overwritten since overwritten data can not be recovered. Especially, do not download or install data recovery software to your “corrupted hard disc”. Secondly, choose the professional data recovery software. Remember to read the user manual carefully before any operation. Finally, you should save the recovered data to another hard disk or external memory device.
m
l
!