RAID 0 WITH 2 2TB HARD DRIVES POSSIBLE?

big_tuna

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I just finished building a new system with an Intel I5-2500 k cpu on a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 board. I put 2 seagate 2tb low power drives with 64mb cache 5900 rpms and was wanting to try raid-0. Is it possible to do this or not. Im having trouble and wanted to know if someone can walk me through it. I set it up and it recognized the drives as 1 but when I tried to install windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit it wouldn't let me. please help. thanks

tritonofg

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008

There is a 2TB limit for boot disks in windows...look up GPT

big_tuna

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Thanks for the responses. the motherboard has Dualbios 3tb+ support (hybrid EFI technology) listed on the box. I just cant figure out how to use it, it's been awhile since I have set 1 up with raid. I had it configured in bios and it show it as 1 big hard drive and when I tried to install windows it gave me an error message with a number (sorry cant remember it). I will try again in a few days when I have some free time, if I cant set it up as boot drive I will use the 64gb SSD drive I have as boot drive then use the raid as storage. Thanks again for the help.