ATI HD 4570 displayed as HD 3200?

q_nanotubes

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
Hello guys,

I just bought this laptop (ASUS K40AB). Yes the sticker does display ATI RADEON HD 4570.
I've updated with the latest driver.
I checked using GPU-Z, Windows Properties, ATI Catalyst, it says HD 3200.
I've checked using a lot of things but it says my graphics is HD 3200.
What is the problem? Or am I being cheated?

Thanks.

That laptop is suppose to use the 3200 when you aren't doing anything too demanding, and then switch to the 4570 when you play a game or something. Make sure you keep a copy of the drivers that fixed the problem somewhere in case an updated driver gives you trouble latter on.

JussiJ82

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2009
Hi,

Thanks ... I'll have to try if that driver would also work in Acer 7535G because i have the same problem.
But basicly i think that it should also work in that computer...?

What's there to lose :D

poolspunter

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Hi Jussi!

I have also acer 7535g with Vista home premium and can´t get hd4570 working. When I delete previous drivers, desktop changes to black and white but it finds that hd4570 and windows says it´s working correctly. . But I can´t get colours anywhere. Then I try to install the latest drivers from catalyst, but after installation it says 4570 isn´t working correctly and hd 3200 is just working and I get colours back.

Have you found any solution to this annoying problem?

q_nanotubes

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
yes....

I've tried a lot of ways, but this is working.

1. Reinstall windows.
2. Update windows.
3. Reinstall the driver with the link i gave above.

Should be working now.

Right click on desktop. Should have something called ati powerXpress. Switch gpu using this software.

G

Same problem here: Windows 7 x64 "hides" the 4570 and only shows 3200.
q_nanotubes: do you have a solution for Windows 7?

G

I got the same graphic card... hd 3200 is working fine... but when I installed the Vista drivers (or the drivers that support.asus.com gives for windows 7) it appears hd 3200 and also Hd 4500 Series... all the games and movies work in some kind of window mode.. not full screen.

PS: the card has 2 modes... 4570 works on High performance, and basically when the notebook is plugged in and 3200 on battery and power saving.

PS2: if anybody has a solution for this problem with Windows 7... let us know please.