unknown device, thinkpad T23

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 20, 2004 5:27:50 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

I have 2 unknown devices listed in system, hardware, device manager

the laptop is a few months old (new) thinkpad T23 with windows 2003
enterprise

they are listed as "Unknown device, Manufacturer: unknown, location: on
Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller"

and "Unknown device, Manufacturer: unknown, location: on Intel(R) 82801CAM
LPC Interface Controller - 248C"

have run all windows updates, all patches applied, system was installed from
scratch, fdisk, format.. etc..

searched IBM site but found nothing that might give a clue

any ideas?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 20, 2004 5:27:51 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

One of them is the power driver. Install the power driver, then delete the
item
"heikki lehto" <heikki.lehto@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 unknown devices listed in system, hardware, device manager
>
> the laptop is a few months old (new) thinkpad T23 with windows 2003
> enterprise
>
> they are listed as "Unknown device, Manufacturer: unknown, location: on
> Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller"
>
> and "Unknown device, Manufacturer: unknown, location: on Intel(R) 82801CAM
> LPC Interface Controller - 248C"
>
> have run all windows updates, all patches applied, system was installed
from
> scratch, fdisk, format.. etc..
>
> searched IBM site but found nothing that might give a clue
>
> any ideas?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 20, 2004 6:33:42 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

when I get something like that I use aida32... its a systems diagnostics
tool....

helps identify all types of things on ur computer..

maybe this can help find whats wrong

!