Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hyper 212+ in Gladiator 600

Last response: in Overclocking
a b à CPUs
June 29, 2011 6:32:47 PM

So I've got CM Hyper 212+ installed in a CM Gladiator 600 case. Fans setup is as following: x1 120mm front fan (intake), x1 120mm bottom side fan (intake), x1 120mm top back fan (exhaust), x1 140mm top fan (exhaust). On the CPU heatsink, there's x1 120mm fan. I have three questions about this setup:

1) Should the heatsink fan be blowing air towards or away from the heatsink? I reversed the airflow yesterday for the sake of experiment (now fan blows air away from heatsink) and noticed weird behaviour: it takes less RPM on lower CPU load to keep the temps down, but the maximum temperatures on high load have increased. Might be just a coincidence (or my mis-observation), but I'd like to figure the proper direction out.

2) Would the CPU cooling benefit a lot from installing a second 120mm fan on the CPU heatsink?

3) If I install the second fan on the heatsink, what's the best layout for the CPU fans: both towards the heatsink, both away or one towards and one away?

I'd like to hear from Hyper 212+ users, if possible, though all suggestions are welcome :) 

Thanks in advance.

Best solution

June 29, 2011 6:46:48 PM

you should have the cpu fan blowing air through the heatsink towards one of the two exhaust fans.
a b à CPUs
June 29, 2011 6:57:52 PM

^ That actually makes sense right away. And if I get the second fan, I'll just make it blow in the same direction... Thanks.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 29, 2011 6:58:10 PM

Best answer selected by amk-aka-phantom.
m
l
!