This comp good for high settings in WoW?

Solution
Its all rather simple actually.

Case
PSU
Motherboard
HDD
CPU
RAM
Video card (optional in a build but since you want to play games we will toss it in there)

The case is simple. Pick out one you like that supports the size of the motherboard you want

PSU any quality PSU that meets your power needs.

Motherboard+CPU. Any combination that works. Example a p35/p45 chipset board and the E8400. AMD 790gx board and a PII.

HDD. Take your pick. All kinds of sizes and speeds.

Ram. Just try and find some ram that somebody else has tested with the board you pick out. Sometimes certain ram and boards just dont get along.

Video card. Look at some WoW benches to see how they perform at the resolution you play at. Buy the one that...

Improve573

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
I'm really bad at putting parts together if someone here does it for me and It comes out cheaper I'd GREATLY appreciate it, tried making a wishlist on newegg but I had no clue which parts are needed to work together like the necessary ram or what the brand intel needs parts to go with it.

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Its all rather simple actually.

Case
PSU
Motherboard
HDD
CPU
RAM
Video card (optional in a build but since you want to play games we will toss it in there)

The case is simple. Pick out one you like that supports the size of the motherboard you want

PSU any quality PSU that meets your power needs.

Motherboard+CPU. Any combination that works. Example a p35/p45 chipset board and the E8400. AMD 790gx board and a PII.

HDD. Take your pick. All kinds of sizes and speeds.

Ram. Just try and find some ram that somebody else has tested with the board you pick out. Sometimes certain ram and boards just dont get along.

Video card. Look at some WoW benches to see how they perform at the resolution you play at. Buy the one that gives you the fps you want.

Solution

kokin

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
A good format someguy7, but it looks like Improve573 has little or no experience in computer lingo/compatibility.

@Improve It's best if you state what brand you'd like for your CPU and GPU(graphics card), what kind of monitor you have (i.e. 22" with 1680x1050 resolution), what kind of OS you'll be using (XP, Vista, Win 7/32-bit or 64-bit), and what your budget is.

Also, I recommend you make a new thread here. Make sure to take a look at the stickies on top, so you can understand the concept of building a computer better.

Edit: Beware of AMD/Intel/ATI/Nvidia fanboys. They will recommend parts that aren't cost-effective or parts that aren't suited for your needs.

That PC will suit your needs fine.
We always incourage people to build their own, it is not hard if you know what you are doing. If you do not know what you are doing, it can turn into a frustrating nightmare very quickly.
So building your own may not be the best choice for you right now, but as you game, upgrade, you will gain some knowledge, and maybe next time you'll feel a little more comfortable and try the do-it-yourself approach.

Deadpool1

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
Dear god, it has windows vista. Dont go with Vista. Also DDR2 RAM and an Intel Pentium Dual Core; Thats a bit dated. Try to find something more recent, an i5 or something

logainofhades

Titan
That system will no longer play WoW on high settings. They upped the GPU requirements with every expansion. My system is far faster and has to settle for high to get decent framerates @ 1080p. I used to run on Ultra throughout Cataclysm. What is your budget?