PhunkySKunk

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
im ordering parts for my first bu ild this week and i have an issue question. i plan on getting the GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H. first question, is this a good mobo? ive read reviews and they were generally good just seeking the opinion of some actually daily users etc. second. the case im getting is either going to the be the antec 300 or nzxt m59. the nzxt has slots for cable management but as far as i see the antec doesnt, but is cable management easy good on the antec. the power supply im getting is the corsair vx450 which i know has long cords. last thing is about fans. im not sure about this at all. so the fan headers mean i can only use as many fans as there are headers? both can have up to 5 fans i believe and i plan on having the rear exhasut top fan and an intake in the front. any help would be helpful.

No; you can piggy-back on the fan headers or hook fans directly up to the PSU power cables.
You didn't mention why you might need extra case fans. Both cases should do well with stock fans even with an OC'd CPU and GPU.
Here is a decent job of cable management in the Antec 300

PhunkySKunk

Distinguished
May 12, 2009

i know i dont really need more case fans i would just like to have an intake fan at the front to have ideal air flowfront to back. i really cant decide which case though. the 300 is a few bucks cheaper i i like the look of the m59 and that it has cut outs for cable management. there is one issue with the m59 though. the inside is painted black and the standoff holes are painted over and are hard to get in but other than that i think everything else is ok.