Need help with homebuilt problem

AzureFlameXIII

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
I got a GA-EP45-UD3LR mobo, E8400, and a corsair 750W PSU, and a crappy 8500gt GPU.
Mt problem is that when i boot my computer for the first time it went to a menu and says "verifying boot drive (or something like that)" then when i go to the windows start menu it just restarts. I did it again and I got a new menu where it says boot windows normally and it says repair windows. i clicked on the repair windows and it was loading some windows files but after that it was just a black screen and nothing else. Is one of my pieces failing?

You tried to reuse your hard drive without reformatting it and installing a fresh copy of windows.

When you install Windows, it configures itself for your specific motherboard. It does this on a very basic level, not just drivers. Because it has done this, when you change the MB, often you will find the old Windows installation no longer works.

Your options now are somewhat limited, since the repair failed. You might be able to plug the HD into a different computer to back up whatever files you need. Once that is done you will need to boot from your windows disk and reformat the HD, before installing.

AzureFlameXIII

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
i have my old computer still working (thats how im on this) (my old HD is in it)
so all i need to do is put the windows CD in and install/feformat it?
I have windows 7 RC installed so how would i get the CD (Burn the ISO file?)

tecmo34

Administrator
Win7 should have a genric burn program, so stick your DVD in the burner, select the ISO file & burn it to disk. Take the HDD out, put in the new PC, boot from disk & do a clean install. You should have better luck with your system than.