Unable to marry

One of my Sims is engaged to another one (who does not live on the lot).
They get on well and he has the "marry her" aspiration. The option "organize
a wedding" is also available on the phone.

However, he cannot propose her to marry, nor to join the household. The
options are just not available.

Has anybody ever encountered the problem, and know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Arnaud.

Arnaud wrote:
> One of my Sims is engaged to another one (who does not live on the
> lot). They get on well and he has the "marry her" aspiration. The
> option "organize a wedding" is also available on the phone.
>
> However, he cannot propose her to marry

Surely if they're engaged he's already proposed? Any way, if he has
proposed, just select one of them, then click the wedding arch and 'get
married'.

>> However, he cannot propose her to marry
>
> Surely if they're engaged he's already proposed?

I meant "he cannot ask her to marry him"

> Any way, if he has proposed, just select one of them, then click the
> wedding arch and 'get married'.

I installed a wedding arch, but the option to get married with her is not
available. In fact, no option shows up when I click on the arch.

Arnaud.

Arnaud wrote:
> I meant "he cannot ask her to marry him"

Still confused, so he *has* proposed to her but they can't actually get
married?

> I installed a wedding arch, but the option to get married with her is
> not available. In fact, no option shows up when I click on the arch.

Not to sure as I've only ever had one wedding, but you may need to get them
married while all the guests are there, during the party.

Is she a University Sim? There is a known bug with NPC University Sims. You
need to move her into a playable University household and then try proposing
to her if this is so.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM

"Arnaud" <arnaud.g@NOSPAMnoos.fr> wrote in message
> >> However, he cannot propose her to marry
> >
> > Surely if they're engaged he's already proposed?
>
> I meant "he cannot ask her to marry him"
>
> > Any way, if he has proposed, just select one of them, then click the
> > wedding arch and 'get married'.
>
> I installed a wedding arch, but the option to get married with her is not
> available. In fact, no option shows up when I click on the arch.
>
> Arnaud.

> Still confused, so he *has* proposed to her but they can't actually get
> married?

Yes, he has proposed, she agreed, they are engaged. But they cannot marry.

>> I installed a wedding arch, but the option to get married with her is
>> not available. In fact, no option shows up when I click on the arch.
>
> Not to sure as I've only ever had one wedding, but you may need to get
> them married while all the guests are there, during the party.

That's actually what I did.

"Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> a écrit dans le message de
news: C0yoe.3107$F7.2247@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Is she a University Sim? There is a known bug with NPC University Sims.
> You
> need to move her into a playable University household and then try
> proposing
> to her if this is so.
>
> --
> Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
>
> MM

Yes, you are right, she may be a University sim (my Sim is no longer at
University, but I believe he "met" her there). Strange that they can
actually get engaged... Thanks a lot!

Arnaud wrote:

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> a écrit dans le message de
> news: C0yoe.3107$F7.2247@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>
>>Is she a University Sim? There is a known bug with NPC University Sims.
>>You
>>need to move her into a playable University household and then try
>>proposing
>>to her if this is so.
>>
>>--
>>Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
>>
>>MM
>>

> Yes, you are right, she may be a University sim (my Sim is no longer at
> University, but I believe he "met" her there). Strange that they can
> actually get engaged... Thanks a lot!

She may need to graduate from the uni before they can get hitched.

-georg

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 09:29:22 +0200, "Arnaud" <arnaud.g@NOSPAMnoos.fr>
wrote:

>>> However, he cannot propose her to marry
>>
>> Surely if they're engaged he's already proposed?
>
>I meant "he cannot ask her to marry him"

*activates psychic powers*

Lemme guess... she's a young adult cheerleader?