Unable to marry

One of my Sims is engaged to another one (who does not live on the lot).
They get on well and he has the "marry her" aspiration. The option "organize
a wedding" is also available on the phone.

However, he cannot propose her to marry, nor to join the household. The
options are just not available.

Has anybody ever encountered the problem, and know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Arnaud.
8 answers Last reply
More about unable marry

    Arnaud wrote:
    > One of my Sims is engaged to another one (who does not live on the
    > lot). They get on well and he has the "marry her" aspiration. The
    > option "organize a wedding" is also available on the phone.
    >
    > However, he cannot propose her to marry

    Surely if they're engaged he's already proposed? Any way, if he has
    proposed, just select one of them, then click the wedding arch and 'get
    married'.

    >> However, he cannot propose her to marry
    >
    > Surely if they're engaged he's already proposed?

    I meant "he cannot ask her to marry him"

    > Any way, if he has proposed, just select one of them, then click the
    > wedding arch and 'get married'.

    I installed a wedding arch, but the option to get married with her is not
    available. In fact, no option shows up when I click on the arch.

    Arnaud.

    Arnaud wrote:
    > I meant "he cannot ask her to marry him"

    Still confused, so he *has* proposed to her but they can't actually get
    married?

    > I installed a wedding arch, but the option to get married with her is
    > not available. In fact, no option shows up when I click on the arch.

    Not to sure as I've only ever had one wedding, but you may need to get them
    married while all the guests are there, during the party.

    Is she a University Sim? There is a known bug with NPC University Sims. You
    need to move her into a playable University household and then try proposing
    to her if this is so.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

    MM

    "Arnaud" <arnaud.g@NOSPAMnoos.fr> wrote in message
    > >> However, he cannot propose her to marry
    > >
    > > Surely if they're engaged he's already proposed?
    >
    > I meant "he cannot ask her to marry him"
    >
    > > Any way, if he has proposed, just select one of them, then click the
    > > wedding arch and 'get married'.
    >
    > I installed a wedding arch, but the option to get married with her is not
    > available. In fact, no option shows up when I click on the arch.
    >
    > Arnaud.

    > Still confused, so he *has* proposed to her but they can't actually get
    > married?

    Yes, he has proposed, she agreed, they are engaged. But they cannot marry.

    >> I installed a wedding arch, but the option to get married with her is
    >> not available. In fact, no option shows up when I click on the arch.
    >
    > Not to sure as I've only ever had one wedding, but you may need to get
    > them married while all the guests are there, during the party.

    That's actually what I did.

    "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> a écrit dans le message de
    news: C0yoe.3107$F7.2247@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    > Is she a University Sim? There is a known bug with NPC University Sims.
    > You
    > need to move her into a playable University household and then try
    > proposing
    > to her if this is so.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
    >
    > MM

    Yes, you are right, she may be a University sim (my Sim is no longer at
    University, but I believe he "met" her there). Strange that they can
    actually get engaged... Thanks a lot!

    Arnaud wrote:

    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> a écrit dans le message de
    > news: C0yoe.3107$F7.2247@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    >
    >>Is she a University Sim? There is a known bug with NPC University Sims.
    >>You
    >>need to move her into a playable University household and then try
    >>proposing
    >>to her if this is so.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
    >>
    >>MM
    >>

    > Yes, you are right, she may be a University sim (my Sim is no longer at
    > University, but I believe he "met" her there). Strange that they can
    > actually get engaged... Thanks a lot!

    She may need to graduate from the uni before they can get hitched.

    -georg

    On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 09:29:22 +0200, "Arnaud" <arnaud.g@NOSPAMnoos.fr>
    wrote:

    >>> However, he cannot propose her to marry
    >>
    >> Surely if they're engaged he's already proposed?
    >
    >I meant "he cannot ask her to marry him"

    *activates psychic powers*

    Lemme guess... she's a young adult cheerleader?

Sims Games Video Games