Core i7 920 1 6ghz

my cpu is stuck at 1.6 ghz with a multiplier of 12x ,now whe i go to the bios and set the multiplier at anything else it doesn't make any difference when i run cpuz or any other app the multiplier is at 12x doesn't matter if the spped step is on or not,it was working fine i shut the pc,when i turned on i had this crap wich is driving me crazy.
3 answers Last reply
More about core 6ghz
  1. can anyone help me?
  2. have you tried stressing the cpu with prime95? the cpu will underclock its self when idle.
  3. yeah i did that,but i found the problem it was ic3 on the cpu it lowers the clock to save power,and my motherboard a asus p6t7 supercomputer u have a option to lock the cpu on that state,which is just dumb,well maybe not since it was to work as a server mobo and i guess is for saving power,everything is smooth as butter running it now at 4.4ghz idlle temp 40 load is 75 and is on air,this cpu is really a monsta ,my voltage is 1.33v cpu i increased a .3 on the qpi and that was it never imagined that i i7 was this good,thanks pjumpleby for your time! bye
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs BIOS Intel i7