Beeping sounds on and off help solve?

kier1992

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
Hi all,

Yes I know it's Christmas so soon around the corner and my computer starts buggering up makes me so :(

Well my problem is or could be I'm not 100% sure.... I'll take you back to when it begun

This has happen before previously but it's only gotten serious since a few days ago, something it may case started beeping whilst using a software called convertxtodvd to burn stuff to dvd, it happens 5 or so times throughout the converting part and when it starts to burn it just crashes the programe, everything else is fine.

My uncle and me (he is a bit of a pc wiz) come to a few conclusions;
Dvd Burner
Video card
Motherboard
CPU

We we're both really hoping it was the dvd burner, until we brought a new one today replaced it and still the same probem and same beeping.

Know he believes the motherboard and I say its the video card or CPU (maybe even the ram).

I built this system two years ago: Powersupply: hx520w CPU: Dual Core E6750 Video card: Sapphire x1950xt (256mb) Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R Memory: 2GB

I'll point at my case isn't big either 2 fans (inc one on cpu) and a dust thing someone recommended me this rig two years ago.

Yes I have check manuals from the sites of my cpu/video card etc... looking for the word beep beeping sound etc... even troubleshoot.... nothing

Temperatures
Motherboard 50 c
CPU 46C
CPU Core 1 50 C
Core 2 53 C
GPU 74 C
GPU Ambient 59 C
GPU VRM 74 C

I will post what the temperatures are like when I burn.

Somebody help someone whos is very upset this Christmas

Is the BIOS configured to have the system beep when the CPU exceeds a given temperature? The most likely cause is the CPU or the GPU that's overheating.

It would be very helpful if you could determine where the beeps come from (case speaker or GPU).