Which of these hard drives?

narayanjr

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB

So i know these are going to be highly opinionated answers but out of those three which is the best? or is there a better?
I have seen a lot of bad things about some of the Spinpoint drives but I dont know which ones they were. I also stayed away from Hitachi all I remember them for is their Deathstar drive flop.

They are all 1Tb, 32mb Cache, 7200RPM, sata2, 3.5" drives.

Will I notice a difference between sata2 and sata3 on a 7200rpm drive? Assuming its plugged into a sata3 port. This is not going to be the OS drive I am getting a SSD for that will it be that big of a deal with sata2 vs sata3?

I am open to suggestions, but would like to stay at 1TB drive or bigger.
Thanks for any input.

Solution
I prefer using WD drives. Most of the drives I have purchased are WD drives. Between my primary PC and my HTPC I currently have 7 WD HDDs installed. Since I first built my own PCs from 1998, I probably bought 14 WD HDDs only one of them developed bad sectors (lost about 20GB of space).

I don't think I've ever used Samsung drives. I bought two Seagate drives, both failed within 30 days, but the replacement Seagate drives have worked fine.
I prefer using WD drives. Most of the drives I have purchased are WD drives. Between my primary PC and my HTPC I currently have 7 WD HDDs installed. Since I first built my own PCs from 1998, I probably bought 14 WD HDDs only one of them developed bad sectors (lost about 20GB of space).

I don't think I've ever used Samsung drives. I bought two Seagate drives, both failed within 30 days, but the replacement Seagate drives have worked fine.

Solution