Grahamparkin

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
I tried to install Trend Micro Internet security program on my PC. ( bought at full price). The same software loaded onto two other computers with no problems. It took several attempts but finally arrived at the initialising stage, but never got to the 'finished' stage. The PC just stopped, I had to switch off the power to move on. Now everything seems to load up when I switch on but nothing works when I click on any of the icons, everything is frozen. I can't open the 'Start' program or even get to 'End Task' by using the Control, Alt, Delete keys. Can anyone help please?
Many thanks
Graham.

Well, you could have several other security programs running that are conflicting with what you installed. (which is frequently the case)
The previous security you installed thinks that the new antivirus IS a virus.
This is why you should not install multiple security programs.

Grahamparkin

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Hello, thanks for responding. I did have an old Norton antivirus on there but removed it. To the best of my knowledge everything was removed, the new Trend program also checked for this before installing. Do you have any ideas on how I progress from here? Once loaded, the desktop has all of the icons that were there previously but I am unable to access anything.
Thanks again for responding
Graham

TRENDING THREADS