rebus_forever

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
im completely clueless, i have a motherboard supporting the8200 igp, this motherboard touts the efficacy of its sli technology. my problem is that the mb only has one pci e x16 slot, does this mean that i would have to get an 8 series gpu to match them or can i put 2 other sli happy cards in and have one running off of the pcie x 16 and one off of another slot?

im worred this is a tupid question but i live in hope my feelings that the pcie x16 is the only one that u can slot a gpu inis a false feeling.
thank you in advance.

Had you provided more info about your motherboard, it would have been easier to answer your question. I found this review of the ASRock K10N78FullHD-hSLI (I presume that yours would be somewhat similar): http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-nvidia-chipset,1972-12.html

The reviewer wrote "The x16 PCI Express 2.0 slot accepts all graphics card, supports Hybrid SLI for Nvidia GeForce 8400GS and 8500GT cards, and Hybrid Power for GeForce 9800 and GTX 200 cards. If you install any other card, the integrated graphics unit will switch off."

Buying a more powerful video card would probably provide much improved performance, even if you couldn't use Hybrid SLI.

rebus_forever

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
sorry for late response, i didnt know how to use this forum system then, u were right and thank you for the effort i am sorry i wasted it by not knowing how to find my posts back then, cheers