Antec 902

Well guys, I am about to make a new i7 system which I am considering the Antec 902.

Few questions -

Since while i was checking it out in the store, i realized the fan is pretty bad, I am wondering if its replaceable.

2nd of all , Is there options to purchase 902 drive cages? (anyone selling it?)

3rd , would we be able to install the new HD 5870 in these cases.

+ how much power for cf 5870?

Thanks.
32 answers Last reply
More about antec
  1. 1. Yes, of course.
    2. Click on the link!
    3. The length of the HD5870 varies from brand to brand! Google it! It will definitely fit a 10.5" card, but not sure about 11" ones.
    4. 600W for HD5870 CF
  2. anyone know if the fans are changeable? Come on its like the most popular case out there
  3. I would suggest you to get CoolerMaster HAF922 over the Antec 902. The HAF922 is cheaper and much LONGER, so you can even put in a 12" card!

    HAF 922
  4. yes al lthe fans are removeable to change for other brands - though the Antec ones come with in line speed controllers (L/M/H) so cant see what you are hoping to gain by changing them
  5. Antec 902 looks better in my opinion.... HAF looks kinda tacky ?
  6. Antec 900/902 is one of the best case today...

    Replacement fan can be purchased...
    http://www.antec.com/Search.bok?category=Cooling

    Antec 900/902 can take the 5800 cards for sure.
  7. A GTX260 (11" long) easily fits in my 900.

    You should also be aware that the Antec 900/902 cases do not come with a case speaker.
  8. case speaker is no great loss.... 1200 doesnt either.
  9. No, but you need one if you put all your shiny new parts in a case, and it doesn't go (short) beep when you press the power switch.

    And there's at least one poster in 'Homebuilt" with that problem.

    Me, I'm a packrat. I pulled mine out of my junkbox of scavenged parts.
  10. OP,

    If your 990 Two top fan fits into my 900 i'll buy the fan off you.

    Here is a link to my 900 Rig:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/267358-28-finalized-antec

    I really need a blue LED top fan!
  11. I dont want to change the top fan, but I want to change the FRONT fan to be red.
  12. jsc said:
    A GTX260 (11" long) easily fits in my 900.

    You should also be aware that the Antec 900/902 cases do not come with a case speaker.

    No, GTX260 is 10.5"!
  13. Quote:
    ulysses35: Antec 902 looks better in my opinion.... HAF looks kinda tacky ?

    Quote:
    PsychoSaysDie: I like the Antec 902 more.

    Yes, I agree with you guys. However, you should get the SUMO5115 or Cosmos-1000 instead if you want a good looking case.

    So why would people get 902? It's because of its cooling performance!

    The cooling performance of HAF922 is better than that of the Antec900/902/1200 and much quieter(check the reviews on NewEggs, 1200 is described as a jet engine) with large fans installed. In addition, the HAF922 is much LONGER which will give you better cable management, support even a 12" graphic card and full ATX server m/b(Future proof!). Also, HAF922 is cheaper!

    There's no reason to get Antec 902, since:
    - People who focus on the looking should get SUMO5115 or Cosmos-1000
    - People who focus on the cooling performance should get HAF922
    - People who focus on the price should get HAF922
    Hence, I would say the 902 is a biased recommendation!


    The 902/1200 is popular than HAF922 in the U.S. because:
    - Bias: Perhaps due to Antec being a U.S. company
    - It's better in looking as mentioned(but still ugly IMO)

    BTW, the CM-690 is the best bang for the buck with a not bad looking!
  14. If you don't think peoples who get a GAMING case that is only superior in looking than the other are biased and want to call me a troll, then so be it!
  15. uh are the drive cage fans replaceable? and nice triple posting there.
  16. unlimitedro said:
    uh are the drive cage fans replaceable? and nice triple posting there.

    Yes, they are and red LED fans are also available. Check Antec's Website before asking!

    Why would you ask something that is more than easy to get the answer even without googling?!
  17. uh, it looks like the drive cage is CLOSED and fans are stuck in there. but thanks for answering.
  18. Might I humbly suggest looking into a cooler master storm scout!

    http://www.pureoverclock.com/article754.html
  19. andy5174 said:
    No, GTX260 is 10.5"!

    I know what the specs say.

    I also know what my ruler indicated when I measured the GTX260 sitting in my Antec 900 case from the metal bracket on the front to the back end of the video card.
  20. jsc said:
    I know what the specs say.

    I also know what my ruler indicated when I measured the GTX260 sitting in my Antec 900 case from the metal bracket on the front to the back end of the video card.


    GTX260 Length

    I am not sure about other brands. However, the GTX260 lenghth of nVidia, Asus and XFX are all 10.5"(stated on their official site).
  21. Quote:
    CM 690 is the best case under 80 dollars.

    What do yo have for your case, PsychoSaysDi? Cosmos S or 1200?
  22. Quote:

    Looks like price and looking are not issues to you at all.

    I heard that this case is pretty good for cooling. How good is it compared to HAF or sniper?
  23. Why didn't you get CM690 then? It is much cheaper with only 1 fans less.

    Oh, Two 5870. Good on you!
  24. Side questions, anyone knows if a 900 replacement side panel will fit to a 902 case? Mines got cracked while transports, I know there are shops out there sells the 900 side panels but not the 902 ones.

    Appreciate for anyone's help!
  25. Garry11 said:
    Side questions, anyone knows if a 900 replacement side panel will fit to a 902 case? Mines got cracked while transports, I know there are shops out there sells the 900 side panels but not the 902 ones.

    Appreciate for anyone's help!


    Why don't you ask them? My side panel was cracked from over tightened screws, so they sent me a new one for free :)
  26. I hope you realize this thread is from last year.

    Anyway, here is the link to the Antec customer support page:

    http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/index.php?page=support_custom
  27. Thank you John,

    Much appreciated for the info.

    Regards
    Garry
  28. XD_dued said:
    Why don't you ask them? My side panel was cracked from over tightened screws, so they sent me a new one for free :)



    Not too sure if they will do a replacement as it is physical damage.

    Regards
    Garry
  29. unlimitedro said:
    Well guys, I am about to make a new i7 system which I am considering the Antec 902.

    Few questions -

    Since while i was checking it out in the store, i realized the fan is pretty bad, I am wondering if its replaceable.

    2nd of all , Is there options to purchase 902 drive cages? (anyone selling it?)

    3rd , would we be able to install the new HD 5870 in these cases.

    + how much power for cf 5870?

    Thanks.


    Hi Unlimitedro,

    The fans in the 902 are replaceable. If there is any damages to the fan what so ever feel free to contact us and we will send you a replacement free of charge (You will have to show a proof of purchase).

    We do sell the 902 drive cages. Check it out at our online store (http://store.antec.com/Home.aspx). If we don't have it in our online store, please give us a call and we can have it ordered for you.

    The 5870 should fit in the Antec 902. :)

    Please let me know if you have any other questions, I will be more than happy to answer you questions.

    Regards,
    Antec
  30. Garry11 said:
    Not too sure if they will do a replacement as it is physical damage.

    Regards
    Garry


    Hi Garry,

    I suggest you talk to our customer support team and see what they can do for you. In addition to that, you can purchase a side panel from us at our online store (http://store.antec.com/Home.aspx). If we don't have it online, feel free to call us to see if we can order it for you. Please feel free you have any other questions, I will be more than happy to answer your questions.

    Sincerely,
    Antec
  31. The 902 is an attractive case which comfortably houses a 2gb 5970 as mine does and looks very nice with blue led fans.
  32. If you were asking if any damaged fans were replaceable then yes. As the antec rep stated the fans will be replaced at no charge.

    If you wanted to upgrade the 120mm fans then have a look over at Frozencpu. If you were more interested in replacing the 200mm fan with a different model, then take a look here. The antec fans should fit; the others you would have to ask.

    Quote:
    There's no reason to get Antec 902, since:
    - People who focus on the looking should get SUMO5115 or Cosmos-1000
    - People who focus on the cooling performance should get HAF922
    - People who focus on the price should get HAF922
    Hence, I would say the 902 is a biased recommendation!


    And people who want both looks AND performance should get the antec 900 or 1200. Lets face it, for the cooling ability of the case it doesnt look half bad and is reasonably priced. Biased? it seems that you think we are as pro-902 as you are anti-902. I do believe we are just giving our opinion of the best overall case :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Intel i7 Components Product