Is Overclocking 1333MHZ to 1600MHZ Possible

crispykiller96

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Ok guys i have 10Gb of DDR3 10600 1333MHZ Ram you might wonder why so much ram installed o-0 simple reason i work now say if i lose my job i wont have the money too maximise pc performance so maxing everthing now is a must but its strange i installed all 10gb of ram and then some wierd idea popped in my mind my motherboard supports up to 1600MHZ is it possible to overclock my currant 1333MHZ to 1600MHZ in a healthy mode thanks

( i could buy ram sinks on ebay to help with temp ;-) )

PS if so anyone has any helpfull guides links they could share with me i would realy appreciate it im very new to overclocking but have been building pcs for years o-0 lol

Thanks

Joe

crispy:
You can try it, but the more RAM sticks you have installed the less likely it is to successfully overclock. Plus the performance benefit is rarely worth the hassle. Overclocking the CPU and/or graphics card will give much better performance boosts.

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
List system specs... The newer IMC based chips handle lots of ram and overclocking ram A Ton better than the older discrete memory controllers on board. On a side note why 10GB, Seems like a strange number. I agree with leaps, it's really not worth overclocking ram in most cases, but that your call.

crispykiller96

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009

My PC specs are

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Edition
AMD Phenom 2 955 Quadcore black Editon
10Gb 10600 1333MHZ ( Thats three 2GBs and one 4 GB Dimm )
Powercool Extreme Power 1050 Watt Power Supply
Zotac GTX 460 768MB Edition
2TB Seagate 64MB Harddrive

Motherboard is Asrock M3A770DE Which this board supports up to 1600MHZ DDR3 im just thinking with the proper cooling method is overclocking possible this board is reasonably new and has the latest drivers unsure on BIOS Version what do you guys think thanks

PS
the reason i have 10GB is im a sucker to PC upgrading its too much fun and ram is dirt cheap on ebay i couldnt resist lol

DankBuilder

Reputable
Aug 5, 2017

Man if he wants that configuration he wants that.
If it was the case that a certain configuracion isnt good and might damage pc, but if its not that case just please dont