TS2U: What gameplay hacks do you use?

I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
someone)

You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
University!

Current gameplay hacks I have:

-Teen love kept in transition (not sure if it overlaps with the
second)
-Teen to adult relationship
-Reservable beds
-Triplet and quadruplet births
-Daily gardener
-Easy breakup
-No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
-Move out teens
-Nightschool
-No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
-No cheering
-No kick trashcan
-Novel progress indicator bar
-Pay bills at box
-No loot moneytrees
-Ability to spongebathe in sink at will

I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!
60 answers Last reply
More about ts2u gameplay hacks

    NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.

    Deep breath, now what else ...

    I didn't use hacks much at first but certain ones I have installed recently
    which I feel improve things for my game. I was waiting a little time till
    things stabilised, programming-wise, before I started using them. All my
    hacks are in a separate folder in Downloads which makes them easy to find
    and remove.

    I use (paraphrasing the titles):

    Always Flush Toilets (and wash your hands please)
    Gardener and Maid PIP fix (I don't CARE whether he/she's arrived on time or
    not)
    No Personal Electronics Wants (NO you can't have a bloody MP3 player - EVER)
    Coffee Cup Hack (put it THERE, not four floors up on top of the wardrobe you
    idiot)
    No Buskers at Home (do you REALLY expect your family to tip you for your
    fumbling, crude and fundamentally unmusical attempts at the piano? - do bear
    in mind for this one that I trained as a professional pianist).
    No Cheering Hack (one A+ is something to celebrate, seven in a row is just
    showing off)
    Head of a Mascot Stuck to the Wall on a Plaque (serves as a warning and is
    very funny; this is really an object but the BHAVs are hacked)
    Baby Intercom (Wake up, wake up, something smells dreadful, I think I need
    to have my nappy changed; this is also a hacked object)
    Casual Woohoo (if you have Romance sims, this is a must - and is more
    realistic for the lecherous little buggers anyway)
    Inteeminator (for your teenage pregnancies). This obviates the need for
    many other hacks to do with teen-adult behaviour and growing up into adults.

    I'd consider the first to be essential (kicky bag) - the rest make life
    easier and more fun for me. I have one or two more lined up but haven't
    installed them yet (Money Order sounds the most interesting for gameplay
    purposes). I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and
    find one that's updated for University yet. I'd also like a stop whining
    hack - or at least a reduce whining hack. I want to smack them when they do
    that. I think I'd be interested in the divide the household money equally
    when things go pear-shaped in the marriage department hack - where did you
    get that from?

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Guardian Pegasus"
    <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
    in message news:82n5a1pvuipk0uajaju420mfvc7d8iseg1@4ax.com...
    > I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
    > them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
    > gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
    > up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
    > someone)
    >
    > You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
    > good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
    > University!
    >
    > Current gameplay hacks I have:
    >
    > -Teen love kept in transition (not sure if it overlaps with the
    > second)
    > -Teen to adult relationship
    > -Reservable beds
    > -Triplet and quadruplet births
    > -Daily gardener
    > -Easy breakup
    > -No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
    > a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
    > -Move out teens
    > -Nightschool
    > -No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
    > -No cheering
    > -No kick trashcan
    > -Novel progress indicator bar
    > -Pay bills at box
    > -No loot moneytrees
    > -Ability to spongebathe in sink at will
    >
    > I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
    > hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!

    You asked for this remember!

    I am running University, and the mods below
    liugnostaylate
    abductionpregnancy-Animations
    abductionpregnancy-femaleANDmale
    homeworksometimesfunfaster
    Turn-Off-TV_Fix
    RiskyWoohooInBed
    RiskyWoohooInPublic
    RiskyWoohooInTub
    S2L_teen_woohoo_BASICUNIVERSITY
    S2L_teen_woohoo_preg_teen
    Simlogical_BedSleepLate
    Simlogical_CribSleepNight
    Simlogical_DoubleNoKids
    Simlogical_NoKickTrash
    Simlogical_PermaFridge
    nojumponbed
    abortbedmaking
    antibabylecture
    anitprankhack
    autosoc
    autoyac
    bdaypartywantfix
    breakupfix
    captainhero
    carpoolfix
    coffeecuphack
    comm-skilling
    computerchatfix
    dailygardener
    deathfix
    doorbell-quieter
    easybreakup
    encouragificator
    fasterbuyclothes
    firemod
    fratfix
    handheldfix
    interactwogreet
    lesswhiny
    macrotastics
    marriage-traditional
    moveoutbugfix
    nmefix
    no20Khandouts
    noagingswarm
    noaplusspam
    nobuskers
    nocheeringhack
    nocollegeobsession
    nodeamspam
    nodormieregen
    nodroptiredbaby
    noeatcrap
    nogizmowants
    noinfluenceobsession
    norabbitspin
    norandomcrush
    norandomflirtwants
    noretiredjobspam
    noroadpillows
    noroutefail
    nosmartmilkdrag
    nostrangerdance
    noteleportpuddle
    notownieregen
    payatbox
    phonehack
    pianofix
    romancemod
    sshack
    stereohack
    thefightclub
    BiotechStationChildFix
    NoEmptyHack
    NoMidStreamStop
    Age_Transition_Fixes
    Always_Flush_Toilets
    Baby_Wants_Fix
    Busker_tipping_hack
    Call to Chat - Invite Over Fix
    Chinese& Coffee Sit Down fix ver 1.1
    Casual Romance
    Death By Satellite - Higher Odds
    Final Exam Fixes
    Food Already Available Fix
    FormalWedding
    Memory Bug Fix Ver 1.1
    No Autonomous Napping
    No Indoors Kicky Bag
    No instrument Want Spam
    No More Secret Abductions
    No Plant Want Spam
    No Resurrect Want Spam
    No Shoving from Look Through
    No Sports Party Wants
    No Talk Through Bunny Bear
    NPC & Visitor Zapper
    NPC Pip fix - 3 in 1
    ONE School Bus Dialog
    Reduced Play in Bathtub
    SameSexMarriage
    Teasing Fix Ver 1.1
    Teddy Bear No Talk Through
    ToddlerPlaywithToiletsfix
    Visitor Snacking Fix
    Welcome Wagon Dialog
    YoungAdult&LazyAminFix

    and I just removed Abduction - Higher odds and triplets&quadsrandomonly

    BEG

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

    MM

    "Guardian Pegasus"
    <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
    in message news:82n5a1pvuipk0uajaju420mfvc7d8iseg1@4ax.com...
    > I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
    > them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
    > gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
    > up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
    > someone)
    >
    > You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
    > good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
    > University!
    >
    > Current gameplay hacks I have:
    >
    > -Teen love kept in transition (not sure if it overlaps with the
    > second)
    > -Teen to adult relationship
    > -Reservable beds
    > -Triplet and quadruplet births
    > -Daily gardener
    > -Easy breakup
    > -No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
    > a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
    > -Move out teens
    > -Nightschool
    > -No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
    > -No cheering
    > -No kick trashcan
    > -Novel progress indicator bar
    > -Pay bills at box
    > -No loot moneytrees
    > -Ability to spongebathe in sink at will
    >
    > I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
    > hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!

    Where'd you get the baby monitor?

    --

> [...]
    > > second)
    > > -Teen to adult relationship
    > > -Reservable beds
    > > -Triplet and quadruplet births
    > > -Daily gardener
    > > -Easy breakup
    > > -No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
    > > a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
    > > -Move out teens
    > > -Nightschool
    > > -No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
    > > -No cheering
    > > -No kick trashcan
    > > -Novel progress indicator bar
    > > -Pay bills at box
    > > -No loot moneytrees
    > > -Ability to spongebathe in sink at will
    > >
    > > I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
    > > hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!

    That's an Inge Jones one - I liked a lot of Inge's hacks for Sims 1 A LOT.
    I'm so glad she's doing stuff for Sims 2 as well.

    http://www.simlogical.com

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Maxon wrote:

    > NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.

    Yeah, I got that one.

    I also got:
    No home busking autonomous.
    Risky Woohoo
    Higher odds for abduction and satellite crashes
    Community skillups
    Move away from the damn portal when going back to the dorm (essential
    when all 8 are in the same classes!)
    Pay bills at mailbox
    No friends needed for careers. (I know, I'm weird. I HATE having to
    socialize)
    No toddlers playing with the toilet.
    My beloved flamingos of friendship, need fulfillment, and aspiration
    goldness.

    I did add a hack that's supposed to fix the teen walk, but they still
    snap their fingers at people as they go by, and that just irks me.

    I'd love a hack that prevents pranks. I hate them too. I don't like the
    water balloons or the joy buzzers. I don't mind kicking over the gnomes
    or trying to steal them- it's fun to watch them get stollen back.

    I think I need to find that no knocking over the trashcan hack. That
    irritates me.

    I don't like the idea of Teens getting preggers, so I haven't downloaded
    anything that makes that possible. Don't like them woohooing.

    -georg

    It must be one that I missed. Thankyou.

    --

    > You asked for this remember!

    Strewth!!! And I have six and feel bad about that many.

    I have clipped your list. It made me feel faint.

    Granny.

    > anitprankhack

    Oooooh! ??

    Maxon wrote:

    > NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.

    What is so terrible about that?

    > All my hacks are in a separate folder in
    > Downloads which makes them easy to find and remove.

    What's it called, for the game to recognise it?

    > I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and find
    > one that's
    > updated for University yet.

    You don't mean the nude patch? I just use intprop censorgridsize 0 in
    my userStartup.cheat.

    T.

    "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > Maxon wrote:
    >
    > > NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
    >
    > What is so terrible about that?

    I just HATE it - it's the most annoying, time-wasting, pointless ... (well,
    you get the picture).

    > > All my hacks are in a separate folder in
    > > Downloads which makes them easy to find and remove.
    >
    > What's it called, for the game to recognise it?

    Umm ... Hacks ? I don't think it matters what you call it - it's a
    sub-folder.

    > > I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and find
    > > one that's
    > > updated for University yet.
    >
    > You don't mean the nude patch? I just use intprop censorgridsize 0 in
    > my userStartup.cheat.

    No I don't - I mean a nude patch that lets you undress your sims - you know,
    for those *intimate* moments.

    > I also got:
    > Community skillups

    Ah - now that sounds useful. Where from, hmm?

    > No toddlers playing with the toilet.

    I know, I know - all together now:
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwww!

    > I did add a hack that's supposed to fix the teen walk, but they still
    > snap their fingers at people as they go by, and that just irks me.

    We need a 'give them a good slapping' hack.

    > I'd love a hack that prevents pranks.

    Oh yes, please please please.

    > I think I need to find that no knocking over the trashcan hack. That
    > irritates me.

    Various Simmers

    > I don't like the idea of Teens getting preggers, so I haven't downloaded
    > anything that makes that possible. Don't like them woohooing.

    Well, my sims all wear sensible underwear and non-revealing clothes (I think
    that's my mother's influence) but I couldn't resist the idea of upsetting
    all the families when they found out what their precious teens were up to
    while they were out buying groceries. They just coo at the babies though
    instead of weeping and wailing. I WANT weeping and wailing.

    Ah well
    Best wishes
    Maxon

    >>> I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and find
    >>> one that's
    >>> updated for University yet.
    >>
    >> You don't mean the nude patch? I just use intprop censorgridsize 0 in
    >> my userStartup.cheat.
    >
    > No I don't - I mean a nude patch that lets you undress your sims -
    > you know, for those *intimate* moments.

    Well, they do it under the covers anyway, so what difference does it make if
    they are naked or not? <g> Have you tried downloading invisible clothing?
    That makes them naked in pajamas or underwear or swimwear, or even everyday
    and formal, if you so desire.

    Jeanie

    > Coffee Cup Hack (put it THERE, not four floors up on top of the wardrobe
    you
    > idiot)
    Where is this one?
    > Baby Intercom (Wake up, wake up, something smells dreadful, I think I need
    > to have my nappy changed; this is also a hacked object)
    Where?
    > Casual Woohoo (if you have Romance sims, this is a must - and is more
    > realistic for the lecherous little buggers anyway)
    Where?

    --
    Moni
    Grandma to Sean 4/3/5

    > It stops the wants appearing in the aspiration/wants part of the
    > control panel - I think it was a Two Jeffs hack at Various Simmers.
    > It means your wants slots don't get dominated by wants for
    > electronics which you will never ever, no way Jose, dream on kid,
    > fill. You know you can give the MP3 player away to a child, don't
    > you? There is also a no-autonomous use of the Handheld and MP3 hack
    > there too (which I might just have to have). The phone, if you had
    > to buy it when you got the EP (and who didn't do that?), is with you
    > forever though.

    None of my sims have any of the handheld electronics. I have one that I
    gave a handheld game to, but be did nothing but play it, n o autonomous
    interactions with his family, nothing. (Much like real life....) So I
    killed him off. None have a cell phone because I cannot for the life of me
    figure out why they'd need one.

    But then, I'm probably weird in many other ways, too. LOL

    >>> Inteeminator (for your teenage pregnancies). This obviates the
    >>> need for many other hacks to do with teen-adult behaviour and
    >>> growing up into adults.
    >>
    >> Turns out none of the ones I have allow teen/adult interactions :-(

    Why would you want it to? <shudders> Pedophilia is not my idea of
    entertainment.

    Jeanie

    Taemon wrote:

    > Maxon wrote:
    >

    >>NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
    >

    > What is so terrible about that?

    I wouldn't let my kids play hackysack indoors, I ain't letting the sims
    play ball in the house indoors either. It's just not right.

    -georg

    Did you get these hacks at MTS2??

    Thanks.......Betty

    Taemon wrote:
    > Maxon wrote:
    >
    > > NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
    >
    > What is so terrible about that?

    In my game there's been a couple of occasions where sims who tried to
    play kicky bag inside didn't have enough space to play, and when the
    action cancelled, there was an area created where they tried to play
    where no sim could venture. In some houses it was so bad that a sim
    standing behind a couch would have to go out the back door of the
    house, walk around the house and enter the front door just to sit on
    the couch.

    Since it wasn't a problem with an object, move_objects wouldn't fix it.
    I had to move out of the house to fix this problem.

    Madame Mim wrote:
    > You asked for this remember!
    >
    > I am running University, and the mods below
    <snipped the rest of the list>
    > anitprankhack

    This one sounds interesting. What is it and where did you get it?

    Jeanie

    Maxon wrote:

    > "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I also got:
    >>Community skillups
    >

    > Ah - now that sounds useful. Where from, hmm?

    http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=60

    -georg

    Maxon wrote:

    > "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'd love a hack that prevents pranks.
    >

    > Oh yes, please please please.

    Various Simmers has one, that lessens the amount this happens.

    >>I think I need to find that no knocking over the trashcan hack. That
    >>irritates me.
    >

    > Various Simmers

    Nope, Simlogical.

    I are happier now.

    -georg

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:13:28 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
    wrote:

    >I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
    >them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
    >gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
    >up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
    >someone)
    >
    >You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
    >good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
    >University!
    >
    >Current gameplay hacks I have:
    The flamingoes from livin'it up.
    The stay things and teleporter shrubs, always stocked fridge, endless
    buffet, no social worker patch, all from Simlogical and all the DMA
    NPC's from valdea and a painting that does a lot of things but I can't
    remember where I got it.

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:55:21 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >and I just removed Abduction - Higher odds and triplets&quadsrandomonly
    >
    >BEG
    >
    >--
    >Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

    When did HE become the last hero?

    georg wrote:
    > Maxon wrote:
    >
    >> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I'd love a hack that prevents pranks.
    >>

    >> Oh yes, please please please.
    >
    > Various Simmers has one, that lessens the amount this happens.
    >

    > -georg

    And I found it!

    http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=283&highlight=pranks

    Thank you Pescado!

    Jeanie

    Ah thank you - did you know SimEnhancer has just released a beta version of
    the programme for University?

    Not relevant to this thread but I just downloaded it.

    http://sims2programs.com/Download/index.asp

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    >>>I think I need to find that no knocking over the trashcan hack. That
    >>>irritates me.
    >>

    >> Various Simmers
    >
    > Nope, Simlogical.
    >
    > I are happier now.
    >
    > -georg

    We is going off to find it.
    No, wait! Pause... will this mean the awful Mouse Of Retribution will be out
    of a job?
    We am changed us mind.

    GG. 8)

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:18:35 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >This one sounds interesting. What is it and where did you get it?

    It's all over the place in various forms. It stops pranks.. which are
    just annoying, and rarely if ever have a positive outcome.

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:17:20 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

    >Community skillups

    Does it also allow neighbours to build skills on your lot?

    >No friends needed for careers. (I know, I'm weird. I HATE having to
    >socialize)

    I wish someone would make a FEWER friends needed for career, patch,
    like say, half. And stop the freaking degradation of relationships. I
    HATE it when they call me all the time... and they do so because the
    relationship is approaching 50/50! :-(

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:17:20 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Community skillups
    >

    > Does it also allow neighbours to build skills on your lot?

    I think so, but not sure.

    >>No friends needed for careers. (I know, I'm weird. I HATE having to
    >>socialize)
    >

    > I wish someone would make a FEWER friends needed for career, patch,
    > like say, half. And stop the freaking degradation of relationships. I
    > HATE it when they call me all the time... and they do so because the
    > relationship is approaching 50/50! :-(

    Flamingos of Decay. One flamingo gives a point a day. I tend to keep a
    flock of 5 on each lot, including community lots. Meet a person once,
    and wait three days then call or meet again, and instant friend. Meet
    again and you are best friends, and then you never have to see the
    bastards ever again. Love, LOVE my flamingos.

    -georg

    in message news:suj6a1h43br5arbgb6ah2ttsgiu9gcuh3f@4ax.com...
    > On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:17:20 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Community skillups
    >
    > Does it also allow neighbours to build skills on your lot?
    >
    >>No friends needed for careers. (I know, I'm weird. I HATE having to
    >>socialize)
    >
    > I wish someone would make a FEWER friends needed for career, patch,
    > like say, half. And stop the freaking degradation of relationships. I
    > HATE it when they call me all the time... and they do so because the
    > relationship is approaching 50/50! :-(

    Hang about, isn;t there,, I am sure I have a no friends needed for
    advancement.
    Let me check... Yes, I have but no clues at all where i got it from. It
    works, too.

    Perhaps someone else can help.

    And if you think you had trouble with friends phoning... The other week I
    was having trouble with a Sim talking to anyone. Sy thing. I thought, what
    about the user cheat option ' make friends with everybody'? That sounds
    reasonable. Three visitors, three friends.. nice...

    WHOOPS! So she now had about thirty friends and they ALL started phoning up
    one after another one evening moaning about meeting up. In the end I threw
    the phone away. 8(((
    Them I got the 'so-and-so' is no longer a familly friend, running down the
    side of my screen. Chaos.

    GG

    Ha ha - you are so, so ... irascible! I can taste it.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Maxon wrote:

    > "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    >> Maxon wrote:
    >>> NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
    >> What is so terrible about that?
    > I just HATE it - it's the most annoying, time-wasting, pointless ...
    > (well, you get the picture).

    Well, it's great for relationship points, so I wouldn't call it
    pointless. As for annoying, well, I guess I just don't see :-)

    >>> All my hacks are in a separate folder in
    >>> Downloads which makes them easy to find and remove.
    >> What's it called, for the game to recognise it?
    > Umm ... Hacks ? I don't think it matters what you call it - it's a
    > sub-folder.

    Oh, I thought the Downloadsfolder only recognised Walls and
    Floors-subfolders.

    >>> I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and find
    >>> one that's updated for University yet.
    >> You don't mean the nude patch? I just use intprop censorgridsize 0
    >> in
    >> my userStartup.cheat.
    > No I don't - I mean a nude patch that lets you undress your sims -
    > you know, for those *intimate* moments.

    Oh, okay, can't help you there.

    I use the Flamingo of Decay (which acted really weird after University
    but is okay now) and I speed up children's grow, because I hate
    children. No other hacks.

    T.

    Nope - you can have everything in sub-folders except skins - stuff that
    actually goes on the sims themselves. Some people report being able to have
    sub-folders for make-up and glasses too but it doesn't work for me. My
    Downloads folder has the following subfolders:

    Hacks
    JenStuff (made by me, except for the skins which I keep in Saved Sims)
    Meshes
    Objects (non-Maxis meshes)
    Objects Recolours
    Roofs
    Walls & Floors (with 3 subfolders in that - floors, ground and walls -
    JenStuff has several sub-folders)

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    georg wrote:

    > No friends needed for careers. (I know, I'm weird. I HATE having to
    > socialize)

    I use my beloved Flamingo of Decay for that. Couldn't live without
    Flamingo's.

    Once I walked by a house where a life-sized flamingo was placed in the
    garden. I felt the urge to call and tell the people who lived there
    that somehow I really liked them and felt the need to be friends with
    them. But I wasn't sure they played Sims.

    T.

    georg wrote:

    > Taemon wrote:
    >> Maxon wrote:
    >>> NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
    >> What is so terrible about that?
    > I wouldn't let my kids play hackysack indoors, I ain't letting the
    > sims play ball in the house indoors either. It's just not right.

    I'm afraid that "it's just not right" has never made something clear
    to me :-)

    T.

    georg wrote:

    > Flamingos of Decay. One flamingo gives a point a day. I tend to keep
    > a flock of 5 on each lot, including community lots. Meet a person
    > once, and wait three days then call or meet again, and instant
    > friend.
    > Meet again and you are best friends, and then you never have to see
    > the
    > bastards ever again. Love, LOVE my flamingos.

    <joins chorus> I could do without any hack, even PE, but I couldn't
    sim without my Flamingo's. I love my Flamingo's. Love!

    T.

    Taemon wrote:

    > georg wrote:
    >

    >>Taemon wrote:

    >>>What is so terrible about that?
    >>
    >>I wouldn't let my kids play hackysack indoors, I ain't letting the
    >>sims play ball in the house indoors either. It's just not right.
    >

    > I'm afraid that "it's just not right" has never made something clear
    > to me :-)
    >
    > T.

    Your game, your rules. My game, My rules, and in my game, it just ain't
    right and not allowed. :)

    -georg

    fmomoon wrote:
    >> Coffee Cup Hack (put it THERE, not four floors up on top of the
    >> wardrobe you idiot)
    > Where is this one?
    >> Baby Intercom (Wake up, wake up, something smells dreadful, I think
    >> I need to have my nappy changed; this is also a hacked object)
    > Where?
    >> Casual Woohoo (if you have Romance sims, this is a must - and is more
    >> realistic for the lecherous little buggers anyway)
    > Where?

    The first and third ones are at www.modthesims2.com. The second one at
    simlogical, I think.

    Jeanie

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:18:35 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >> This one sounds interesting. What is it and where did you get it?
    >
    > It's all over the place in various forms. It stops pranks.. which are
    > just annoying, and rarely if ever have a positive outcome.

    Thank you. I found it and downloaded it.

    Jeanie

    >>>I wouldn't let my kids play hackysack indoors, I ain't letting the
    >>>sims play ball in the house indoors either. It's just not right.
    >>
    >> I'm afraid that "it's just not right" has never made something clear to
    >> me :-)
    >
    > Your game, your rules. My game, My rules, and in my game, it just ain't
    > right and not allowed. :)

    Can I take it that you wouldn;t approve of a Sim putting up the assault
    couse in the dining room then?

    I mean between the door and the table. .>8^)

    Granny.

    On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 22:12:27 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

    >I use the Flamingo of Decay (which acted really weird after University
    >but is okay now) and I speed up children's grow, because I hate
    >children. No other hacks.

    Just use the tombstone of L&D. You can grow your kid up from a baby to
    whatever age you like including having them die from old age in one
    day :-D

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 19:53:30 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

    >Flamingos of Decay. One flamingo gives a point a day. I tend to keep a
    >flock of 5 on each lot, including community lots. Meet a person once,
    >and wait three days then call or meet again, and instant friend. Meet
    >again and you are best friends, and then you never have to see the
    >bastards ever again. Love, LOVE my flamingos.

    LOL, but why don't you just use the no-friends-needed hack? I do hate
    friendship decay though... there are friends I haven't seen in weeks
    and months, but no doubt, they are still my friends.

    in message news:mco7a111qc36j7psdgvpunmndm5igc7ndp@4ax.com...
    > On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 19:53:30 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Flamingos of Decay. One flamingo gives a point a day. I tend to keep a
    >>flock of 5 on each lot, including community lots. Meet a person once,
    >>and wait three days then call or meet again, and instant friend. Meet
    >>again and you are best friends, and then you never have to see the
    >>bastards ever again. Love, LOVE my flamingos.
    >
    > LOL, but why don't you just use the no-friends-needed hack? I do hate
    > friendship decay though... there are friends I haven't seen in weeks
    > and months, but no doubt, they are still my friends.

    I find the flamingos useful because it lets me fine-tune (well, almost) the
    friendship. If a Sim is going through a bad patch, like.. well, lover moves
    out, or post natal depression? Then whip away the flamingoes and have them
    start losing their friends.
    Though I usually do this via the user-cheat. Just wiggle the relationship
    bar.

    I also piled them up in heaps one evening when Loki had a group of
    neighbours over and drugged their food. Was amusing, that evening was. 8) I
    had the effect wear off in the morning. Though without a mental story in
    your head just watching an enemy start to tell Loki dirty jokes isn;t all
    that funny. Ah well. It was all involved with them agreeing to finance his
    latest venture.

    Granny.

    Granny.

    On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 15:57:54 -0500, "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com>
    wrote:

    >Did you get these hacks at MTS2??

    MTS2, varioussimmers, simlogical and LIU :-)

    > Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >> On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:18:35 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> This one sounds interesting. What is it and where did you get it?
    >>
    >> It's all over the place in various forms. It stops pranks.. which are
    >> just annoying, and rarely if ever have a positive outcome.
    >
    > Thank you. I found it and downloaded it.
    >
    > Jeanie

    Tell me where you found it, I can;t be bothered, or trust myself to search
    this morning.
    I suppose we could have the Mayor of Sim City passing a law outlawing pranks
    to explain the change. Perhaps someone gave him one joy-buzzer too many.

    GG

    Granny Grumpling wrote:

    > "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

    >>>I'm afraid that "it's just not right" has never made something clear to
    >>>me :-)
    >>
    >>Your game, your rules. My game, My rules, and in my game, it just ain't
    >>right and not allowed. :)
    >>

    > Can I take it that you wouldn;t approve of a Sim putting up the assault
    > couse in the dining room then?
    >
    > I mean between the door and the table. .>8^)

    Given some of the people in my family, I think it would be a very good
    thing for them. The exercise, I mean.

    -georg

    It's a Variousimmers mod, but it only tones it down not knock's it out
    altogether.

    --

    "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > You asked for this remember!
    >
    > Strewth!!! And I have six and feel bad about that many.
    >
    > I have clipped your list. It made me feel faint.
    >
    > Granny.
    >

    > > anitprankhack
    >
    > Oooooh! ??

    Rincewind said the quote, in the book The Last Hero by Terry Pratchett -
    Cohen the Barbarian was the actual last Hero.

    --

    "Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:55:21 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    > <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:
    >
    > >and I just removed Abduction - Higher odds and triplets&quadsrandomonly
    > >
    > >BEG
    > >
    > >--
    > >Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
    >
    > When did HE become the last hero?

    Variousimmers. It is a reduction not cancellation mod.

    --

    > Madame Mim wrote:
    > > You asked for this remember!
    > >
    > > I am running University, and the mods below
    > <snipped the rest of the list>
    > > anitprankhack
    >
    > This one sounds interesting. What is it and where did you get it?
    >
    > Jeanie

    Yes, that's a bug with the kicky bag - the ball gets stuck and you can't
    grab it even with moveObjects - there's a fix for it at Various Simmers.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > In my game there's been a couple of occasions where sims who tried to
    > play kicky bag inside didn't have enough space to play, and when the
    > action cancelled, there was an area created where they tried to play
    > where no sim could venture. In some houses it was so bad that a sim
    > standing behind a couch would have to go out the back door of the
    > house, walk around the house and enter the front door just to sit on
    > the couch.
    >
    > Since it wasn't a problem with an object, move_objects wouldn't fix it.
    > I had to move out of the house to fix this problem.

    No, the first is now at Various Simmers

    > fmomoon wrote:
    > > "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > >> Coffee Cup Hack (put it THERE, not four floors up on top of the
    > >> wardrobe you idiot)
    > > Where is this one?
    > >> Baby Intercom (Wake up, wake up, something smells dreadful, I think
    > >> I need to have my nappy changed; this is also a hacked object)
    > > Where?
    > >> Casual Woohoo (if you have Romance sims, this is a must - and is more
    > >> realistic for the lecherous little buggers anyway)
    > > Where?
    >
    > The first and third ones are at www.modthesims2.com. The second one at
    > simlogical, I think.
    >
    > Jeanie