TS2U: What gameplay hacks do you use?

I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
someone)

You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
University!

Current gameplay hacks I have:

-Teen love kept in transition (not sure if it overlaps with the
second)
-Teen to adult relationship
-Reservable beds
-Triplet and quadruplet births
-Daily gardener
-Easy breakup
-No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
-Move out teens
-Nightschool
-No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
-No cheering
-No kick trashcan
-Novel progress indicator bar
-Pay bills at box
-No loot moneytrees
-Ability to spongebathe in sink at will

I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!

NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.

Deep breath, now what else ...

I didn't use hacks much at first but certain ones I have installed recently
which I feel improve things for my game. I was waiting a little time till
things stabilised, programming-wise, before I started using them. All my
hacks are in a separate folder in Downloads which makes them easy to find
and remove.

I use (paraphrasing the titles):

Always Flush Toilets (and wash your hands please)
Gardener and Maid PIP fix (I don't CARE whether he/she's arrived on time or
not)
No Personal Electronics Wants (NO you can't have a bloody MP3 player - EVER)
Coffee Cup Hack (put it THERE, not four floors up on top of the wardrobe you
idiot)
No Buskers at Home (do you REALLY expect your family to tip you for your
fumbling, crude and fundamentally unmusical attempts at the piano? - do bear
in mind for this one that I trained as a professional pianist).
No Cheering Hack (one A+ is something to celebrate, seven in a row is just
showing off)
Head of a Mascot Stuck to the Wall on a Plaque (serves as a warning and is
very funny; this is really an object but the BHAVs are hacked)
Baby Intercom (Wake up, wake up, something smells dreadful, I think I need
to have my nappy changed; this is also a hacked object)
Casual Woohoo (if you have Romance sims, this is a must - and is more
realistic for the lecherous little buggers anyway)
Inteeminator (for your teenage pregnancies). This obviates the need for
many other hacks to do with teen-adult behaviour and growing up into adults.

I'd consider the first to be essential (kicky bag) - the rest make life
easier and more fun for me. I have one or two more lined up but haven't
installed them yet (Money Order sounds the most interesting for gameplay
purposes). I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and
find one that's updated for University yet. I'd also like a stop whining
hack - or at least a reduce whining hack. I want to smack them when they do
that. I think I'd be interested in the divide the household money equally
when things go pear-shaped in the marriage department hack - where did you
get that from?

Best wishes
Maxon

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:82n5a1pvuipk0uajaju420mfvc7d8iseg1@4ax.com...
> I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
> them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
> gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
> up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
> someone)
>
> You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
> good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
> University!
>
> Current gameplay hacks I have:
>
> -Teen love kept in transition (not sure if it overlaps with the
> second)
> -Teen to adult relationship
> -Reservable beds
> -Triplet and quadruplet births
> -Daily gardener
> -Easy breakup
> -No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
> a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
> -Move out teens
> -Nightschool
> -No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
> -No cheering
> -No kick trashcan
> -Novel progress indicator bar
> -Pay bills at box
> -No loot moneytrees
> -Ability to spongebathe in sink at will
>
> I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
> hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!

You asked for this remember!

I am running University, and the mods below
liugnostaylate
abductionpregnancy-Animations
abductionpregnancy-femaleANDmale
homeworksometimesfunfaster
Turn-Off-TV_Fix
RiskyWoohooInBed
RiskyWoohooInPublic
RiskyWoohooInTub
S2L_teen_woohoo_BASICUNIVERSITY
S2L_teen_woohoo_preg_teen
Simlogical_BedSleepLate
Simlogical_CribSleepNight
Simlogical_DoubleNoKids
Simlogical_NoKickTrash
Simlogical_PermaFridge
nojumponbed
abortbedmaking
antibabylecture
anitprankhack
autosoc
autoyac
bdaypartywantfix
breakupfix
captainhero
carpoolfix
coffeecuphack
comm-skilling
computerchatfix
dailygardener
deathfix
doorbell-quieter
easybreakup
encouragificator
fasterbuyclothes
firemod
fratfix
handheldfix
interactwogreet
lesswhiny
macrotastics
marriage-traditional
moveoutbugfix
nmefix
no20Khandouts
noagingswarm
noaplusspam
nobuskers
nocheeringhack
nocollegeobsession
nodeamspam
nodormieregen
nodroptiredbaby
noeatcrap
nogizmowants
noinfluenceobsession
norabbitspin
norandomcrush
norandomflirtwants
noretiredjobspam
noroadpillows
noroutefail
nosmartmilkdrag
nostrangerdance
noteleportpuddle
notownieregen
payatbox
phonehack
pianofix
romancemod
sshack
stereohack
thefightclub
BiotechStationChildFix
NoEmptyHack
NoMidStreamStop
Age_Transition_Fixes
Always_Flush_Toilets
Baby_Wants_Fix
Busker_tipping_hack
Call to Chat - Invite Over Fix
Chinese& Coffee Sit Down fix ver 1.1
Casual Romance
Death By Satellite - Higher Odds
Final Exam Fixes
Food Already Available Fix
FormalWedding
Memory Bug Fix Ver 1.1
No Autonomous Napping
No Indoors Kicky Bag
No instrument Want Spam
No More Secret Abductions
No Plant Want Spam
No Resurrect Want Spam
No Shoving from Look Through
No Sports Party Wants
No Talk Through Bunny Bear
NPC & Visitor Zapper
NPC Pip fix - 3 in 1
ONE School Bus Dialog
Reduced Play in Bathtub
SameSexMarriage
Teasing Fix Ver 1.1
Teddy Bear No Talk Through
ToddlerPlaywithToiletsfix
Visitor Snacking Fix
Welcome Wagon Dialog
YoungAdult&LazyAminFix

and I just removed Abduction - Higher odds and triplets&quadsrandomonly

BEG

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:82n5a1pvuipk0uajaju420mfvc7d8iseg1@4ax.com...
> I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
> them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
> gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
> up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
> someone)
>
> You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
> good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
> University!
>
> Current gameplay hacks I have:
>
> -Teen love kept in transition (not sure if it overlaps with the
> second)
> -Teen to adult relationship
> -Reservable beds
> -Triplet and quadruplet births
> -Daily gardener
> -Easy breakup
> -No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
> a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
> -Move out teens
> -Nightschool
> -No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
> -No cheering
> -No kick trashcan
> -Novel progress indicator bar
> -Pay bills at box
> -No loot moneytrees
> -Ability to spongebathe in sink at will
>
> I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
> hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!

Where'd you get the baby monitor?

--

> [...]
> > second)
> > -Teen to adult relationship
> > -Reservable beds
> > -Triplet and quadruplet births
> > -Daily gardener
> > -Easy breakup
> > -No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
> > a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
> > -Move out teens
> > -Nightschool
> > -No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
> > -No cheering
> > -No kick trashcan
> > -Novel progress indicator bar
> > -Pay bills at box
> > -No loot moneytrees
> > -Ability to spongebathe in sink at will
> >
> > I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
> > hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!

That's an Inge Jones one - I liked a lot of Inge's hacks for Sims 1 A LOT.
I'm so glad she's doing stuff for Sims 2 as well.

http://www.simlogical.com

Best wishes
Maxon

Maxon wrote:

> NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.

Yeah, I got that one.

I also got:
No home busking autonomous.
Risky Woohoo
Higher odds for abduction and satellite crashes
Community skillups
Move away from the damn portal when going back to the dorm (essential
when all 8 are in the same classes!)
Pay bills at mailbox
No friends needed for careers. (I know, I'm weird. I HATE having to
socialize)
No toddlers playing with the toilet.
My beloved flamingos of friendship, need fulfillment, and aspiration
goldness.

I did add a hack that's supposed to fix the teen walk, but they still
snap their fingers at people as they go by, and that just irks me.

I'd love a hack that prevents pranks. I hate them too. I don't like the
water balloons or the joy buzzers. I don't mind kicking over the gnomes
or trying to steal them- it's fun to watch them get stollen back.

I think I need to find that no knocking over the trashcan hack. That
irritates me.

I don't like the idea of Teens getting preggers, so I haven't downloaded
anything that makes that possible. Don't like them woohooing.

-georg

It must be one that I missed. Thankyou.

--

> You asked for this remember!

Strewth!!! And I have six and feel bad about that many.

I have clipped your list. It made me feel faint.

Granny.

> anitprankhack

Oooooh! ??

Maxon wrote:

> NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.

What is so terrible about that?

> All my hacks are in a separate folder in
> Downloads which makes them easy to find and remove.

What's it called, for the game to recognise it?

> I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and find
> one that's
> updated for University yet.

You don't mean the nude patch? I just use intprop censorgridsize 0 in
my userStartup.cheat.

T.

"Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> Maxon wrote:
>
> > NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
>
> What is so terrible about that?

I just HATE it - it's the most annoying, time-wasting, pointless ... (well,
you get the picture).

> > All my hacks are in a separate folder in
> > Downloads which makes them easy to find and remove.
>
> What's it called, for the game to recognise it?

Umm ... Hacks ? I don't think it matters what you call it - it's a
sub-folder.

> > I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and find
> > one that's
> > updated for University yet.
>
> You don't mean the nude patch? I just use intprop censorgridsize 0 in
> my userStartup.cheat.

No I don't - I mean a nude patch that lets you undress your sims - you know,
for those *intimate* moments.

> I also got:
> Community skillups

Ah - now that sounds useful. Where from, hmm?

> No toddlers playing with the toilet.

I know, I know - all together now:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwww!

> I did add a hack that's supposed to fix the teen walk, but they still
> snap their fingers at people as they go by, and that just irks me.

We need a 'give them a good slapping' hack.

> I'd love a hack that prevents pranks.

Oh yes, please please please.

> I think I need to find that no knocking over the trashcan hack. That
> irritates me.

Various Simmers

> I don't like the idea of Teens getting preggers, so I haven't downloaded
> anything that makes that possible. Don't like them woohooing.

Well, my sims all wear sensible underwear and non-revealing clothes (I think
that's my mother's influence) but I couldn't resist the idea of upsetting
all the families when they found out what their precious teens were up to
while they were out buying groceries. They just coo at the babies though
instead of weeping and wailing. I WANT weeping and wailing.

Ah well
Best wishes
Maxon

>>> I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and find
>>> one that's
>>> updated for University yet.
>>
>> You don't mean the nude patch? I just use intprop censorgridsize 0 in
>> my userStartup.cheat.
>
> No I don't - I mean a nude patch that lets you undress your sims -
> you know, for those *intimate* moments.

Well, they do it under the covers anyway, so what difference does it make if
they are naked or not? <g> Have you tried downloading invisible clothing?
That makes them naked in pajamas or underwear or swimwear, or even everyday
and formal, if you so desire.

Jeanie

> Coffee Cup Hack (put it THERE, not four floors up on top of the wardrobe
you
> idiot)
Where is this one?
> Baby Intercom (Wake up, wake up, something smells dreadful, I think I need
> to have my nappy changed; this is also a hacked object)
Where?
> Casual Woohoo (if you have Romance sims, this is a must - and is more
> realistic for the lecherous little buggers anyway)
Where?

--
Moni
Grandma to Sean 4/3/5

> It stops the wants appearing in the aspiration/wants part of the
> control panel - I think it was a Two Jeffs hack at Various Simmers.
> It means your wants slots don't get dominated by wants for
> electronics which you will never ever, no way Jose, dream on kid,
> fill. You know you can give the MP3 player away to a child, don't
> you? There is also a no-autonomous use of the Handheld and MP3 hack
> there too (which I might just have to have). The phone, if you had
> to buy it when you got the EP (and who didn't do that?), is with you
> forever though.

None of my sims have any of the handheld electronics. I have one that I
gave a handheld game to, but be did nothing but play it, n o autonomous
interactions with his family, nothing. (Much like real life....) So I
killed him off. None have a cell phone because I cannot for the life of me
figure out why they'd need one.

But then, I'm probably weird in many other ways, too. LOL

>>> Inteeminator (for your teenage pregnancies). This obviates the
>>> need for many other hacks to do with teen-adult behaviour and
>>> growing up into adults.
>>
>> Turns out none of the ones I have allow teen/adult interactions :-(

Why would you want it to? <shudders> Pedophilia is not my idea of
entertainment.

Jeanie

Taemon wrote:

> Maxon wrote:
>

>>NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
>

> What is so terrible about that?

I wouldn't let my kids play hackysack indoors, I ain't letting the sims
play ball in the house indoors either. It's just not right.

-georg

Betty

Did you get these hacks at MTS2??

Thanks.......Betty

Taemon wrote:
> Maxon wrote:
>
> > NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
>
> What is so terrible about that?

In my game there's been a couple of occasions where sims who tried to
play kicky bag inside didn't have enough space to play, and when the
action cancelled, there was an area created where they tried to play
where no sim could venture. In some houses it was so bad that a sim
standing behind a couch would have to go out the back door of the
house, walk around the house and enter the front door just to sit on
the couch.

Since it wasn't a problem with an object, move_objects wouldn't fix it.
I had to move out of the house to fix this problem.

Madame Mim wrote:
> You asked for this remember!
>
> I am running University, and the mods below
<snipped the rest of the list>
> anitprankhack

This one sounds interesting. What is it and where did you get it?

Jeanie

Maxon wrote:

> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>I'd love a hack that prevents pranks.
>

> Oh yes, please please please.

Various Simmers has one, that lessens the amount this happens.

>>I think I need to find that no knocking over the trashcan hack. That
>>irritates me.
>

> Various Simmers

Nope, Simlogical.

I are happier now.

-georg

strider

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:13:28 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
wrote:

>I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
>them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
>gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
>up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
>someone)
>
>You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
>good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
>University!
>
>Current gameplay hacks I have:
The flamingoes from livin'it up.
The stay things and teleporter shrubs, always stocked fridge, endless
buffet, no social worker patch, all from Simlogical and all the DMA
NPC's from valdea and a painting that does a lot of things but I can't
remember where I got it.

strider

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:55:21 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>and I just removed Abduction - Higher odds and triplets&quadsrandomonly
>
>BEG
>
>--
>Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

When did HE become the last hero?

georg wrote:
> Maxon wrote:
>
>> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> I'd love a hack that prevents pranks.
>>

>> Oh yes, please please please.
>
> Various Simmers has one, that lessens the amount this happens.
>

> -georg

And I found it!

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=283&highlight=pranks

Thank you Pescado!

Jeanie

Ah thank you - did you know SimEnhancer has just released a beta version of
the programme for University?

Not relevant to this thread but I just downloaded it.

http://sims2programs.com/Download/index.asp

Best wishes
Maxon

>>>I think I need to find that no knocking over the trashcan hack. That
>>>irritates me.
>>

>> Various Simmers
>
> Nope, Simlogical.
>
> I are happier now.
>
> -georg

We is going off to find it.
No, wait! Pause... will this mean the awful Mouse Of Retribution will be out
of a job?
We am changed us mind.

GG. 8)