TS2U: What gameplay hacks do you use?

Last response: in Video Games
June 5, 2005 5:13:28 PM

I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
someone)

You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
University!

Current gameplay hacks I have:

-Teen love kept in transition (not sure if it overlaps with the
second)
-Teen to adult relationship
-Reservable beds
-Triplet and quadruplet births
-Daily gardener
-Easy breakup
-No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
-Move out teens
-Nightschool
-No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
-No cheering
-No kick trashcan
-Novel progress indicator bar
-Pay bills at box
-No loot moneytrees
-Ability to spongebathe in sink at will

I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!

More about : ts2u gameplay hacks

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 5:13:29 PM

NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.

Deep breath, now what else ...

I didn't use hacks much at first but certain ones I have installed recently
which I feel improve things for my game. I was waiting a little time till
things stabilised, programming-wise, before I started using them. All my
hacks are in a separate folder in Downloads which makes them easy to find
and remove.

I use (paraphrasing the titles):

Always Flush Toilets (and wash your hands please)
Gardener and Maid PIP fix (I don't CARE whether he/she's arrived on time or
not)
No Personal Electronics Wants (NO you can't have a bloody MP3 player - EVER)
Coffee Cup Hack (put it THERE, not four floors up on top of the wardrobe you
idiot)
No Buskers at Home (do you REALLY expect your family to tip you for your
fumbling, crude and fundamentally unmusical attempts at the piano? - do bear
in mind for this one that I trained as a professional pianist).
No Cheering Hack (one A+ is something to celebrate, seven in a row is just
showing off)
Head of a Mascot Stuck to the Wall on a Plaque (serves as a warning and is
very funny; this is really an object but the BHAVs are hacked)
Baby Intercom (Wake up, wake up, something smells dreadful, I think I need
to have my nappy changed; this is also a hacked object)
Casual Woohoo (if you have Romance sims, this is a must - and is more
realistic for the lecherous little buggers anyway)
Inteeminator (for your teenage pregnancies). This obviates the need for
many other hacks to do with teen-adult behaviour and growing up into adults.

I'd consider the first to be essential (kicky bag) - the rest make life
easier and more fun for me. I have one or two more lined up but haven't
installed them yet (Money Order sounds the most interesting for gameplay
purposes). I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and
find one that's updated for University yet. I'd also like a stop whining
hack - or at least a reduce whining hack. I want to smack them when they do
that. I think I'd be interested in the divide the household money equally
when things go pear-shaped in the marriage department hack - where did you
get that from?

Best wishes
Maxon

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:82n5a1pvuipk0uajaju420mfvc7d8iseg1@4ax.com...
> I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
> them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
> gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
> up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
> someone)
>
> You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
> good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
> University!
>
> Current gameplay hacks I have:
>
> -Teen love kept in transition (not sure if it overlaps with the
> second)
> -Teen to adult relationship
> -Reservable beds
> -Triplet and quadruplet births
> -Daily gardener
> -Easy breakup
> -No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
> a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
> -Move out teens
> -Nightschool
> -No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
> -No cheering
> -No kick trashcan
> -Novel progress indicator bar
> -Pay bills at box
> -No loot moneytrees
> -Ability to spongebathe in sink at will
>
> I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
> hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 5:55:21 PM

You asked for this remember!

I am running University, and the mods below
liugnostaylate
abductionpregnancy-Animations
abductionpregnancy-femaleANDmale
homeworksometimesfunfaster
Turn-Off-TV_Fix
RiskyWoohooInBed
RiskyWoohooInPublic
RiskyWoohooInTub
S2L_teen_woohoo_BASICUNIVERSITY
S2L_teen_woohoo_preg_teen
Simlogical_BedSleepLate
Simlogical_CribSleepNight
Simlogical_DoubleNoKids
Simlogical_NoKickTrash
Simlogical_PermaFridge
nojumponbed
abortbedmaking
antibabylecture
anitprankhack
autosoc
autoyac
bdaypartywantfix
breakupfix
captainhero
carpoolfix
coffeecuphack
comm-skilling
computerchatfix
dailygardener
deathfix
doorbell-quieter
easybreakup
encouragificator
fasterbuyclothes
firemod
fratfix
handheldfix
interactwogreet
lesswhiny
macrotastics
marriage-traditional
moveoutbugfix
nmefix
no20Khandouts
noagingswarm
noaplusspam
nobuskers
nocheeringhack
nocollegeobsession
nodeamspam
nodormieregen
nodroptiredbaby
noeatcrap
nogizmowants
noinfluenceobsession
norabbitspin
norandomcrush
norandomflirtwants
noretiredjobspam
noroadpillows
noroutefail
nosmartmilkdrag
nostrangerdance
noteleportpuddle
notownieregen
payatbox
phonehack
pianofix
romancemod
sshack
stereohack
thefightclub
BiotechStationChildFix
NoEmptyHack
NoMidStreamStop
Age_Transition_Fixes
Always_Flush_Toilets
Baby_Wants_Fix
Busker_tipping_hack
Call to Chat - Invite Over Fix
Chinese& Coffee Sit Down fix ver 1.1
Casual Romance
Death By Satellite - Higher Odds
Final Exam Fixes
Food Already Available Fix
FormalWedding
Memory Bug Fix Ver 1.1
No Autonomous Napping
No Indoors Kicky Bag
No instrument Want Spam
No More Secret Abductions
No Plant Want Spam
No Resurrect Want Spam
No Shoving from Look Through
No Sports Party Wants
No Talk Through Bunny Bear
NPC & Visitor Zapper
NPC Pip fix - 3 in 1
ONE School Bus Dialog
Reduced Play in Bathtub
SameSexMarriage
Teasing Fix Ver 1.1
Teddy Bear No Talk Through
ToddlerPlaywithToiletsfix
Visitor Snacking Fix
Welcome Wagon Dialog
YoungAdult&LazyAminFix

and I just removed Abduction - Higher odds and triplets&quadsrandomonly

BEG

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:82n5a1pvuipk0uajaju420mfvc7d8iseg1@4ax.com...
> I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
> them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
> gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
> up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
> someone)
>
> You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
> good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
> University!
>
> Current gameplay hacks I have:
>
> -Teen love kept in transition (not sure if it overlaps with the
> second)
> -Teen to adult relationship
> -Reservable beds
> -Triplet and quadruplet births
> -Daily gardener
> -Easy breakup
> -No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
> a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
> -Move out teens
> -Nightschool
> -No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
> -No cheering
> -No kick trashcan
> -Novel progress indicator bar
> -Pay bills at box
> -No loot moneytrees
> -Ability to spongebathe in sink at will
>
> I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
> hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!
June 5, 2005 5:59:54 PM

Where'd you get the baby monitor?

--

> [...]
> > second)
> > -Teen to adult relationship
> > -Reservable beds
> > -Triplet and quadruplet births
> > -Daily gardener
> > -Easy breakup
> > -No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
> > a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
> > -Move out teens
> > -Nightschool
> > -No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
> > -No cheering
> > -No kick trashcan
> > -Novel progress indicator bar
> > -Pay bills at box
> > -No loot moneytrees
> > -Ability to spongebathe in sink at will
> >
> > I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
> > hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!

June 5, 2005 6:11:31 PM

That's an Inge Jones one - I liked a lot of Inge's hacks for Sims 1 A LOT.
I'm so glad she's doing stuff for Sims 2 as well.

http://www.simlogical.com

Best wishes
Maxon

> [...]
> > > second)
> > > -Teen to adult relationship
> > > -Reservable beds
> > > -Triplet and quadruplet births
> > > -Daily gardener
> > > -Easy breakup
> > > -No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
> > > a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
> > > -Move out teens
> > > -Nightschool
> > > -No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
> > > -No cheering
> > > -No kick trashcan
> > > -Novel progress indicator bar
> > > -Pay bills at box
> > > -No loot moneytrees
> > > -Ability to spongebathe in sink at will
> > >
> > > I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
> > > hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!

June 5, 2005 6:17:20 PM

Maxon wrote:

> NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.

Yeah, I got that one.

I also got:
No home busking autonomous.
Risky Woohoo
Higher odds for abduction and satellite crashes
Community skillups
Move away from the damn portal when going back to the dorm (essential
when all 8 are in the same classes!)
Pay bills at mailbox
No friends needed for careers. (I know, I'm weird. I HATE having to
socialize)
No toddlers playing with the toilet.
My beloved flamingos of friendship, need fulfillment, and aspiration
goldness.

I did add a hack that's supposed to fix the teen walk, but they still
snap their fingers at people as they go by, and that just irks me.

I'd love a hack that prevents pranks. I hate them too. I don't like the
water balloons or the joy buzzers. I don't mind kicking over the gnomes
or trying to steal them- it's fun to watch them get stollen back.

I think I need to find that no knocking over the trashcan hack. That
irritates me.

I don't like the idea of Teens getting preggers, so I haven't downloaded
anything that makes that possible. Don't like them woohooing.

-georg
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 6:22:43 PM

It must be one that I missed. Thankyou.

--

> [...]
> > adults.
> > >
> > > I'd consider the first to be essential (kicky bag) - the rest make
life
> > > easier and more fun for me. I have one or two more lined up but
haven't
> > > installed them yet (Money Order sounds the most interesting for
gameplay
> > > purposes). I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go
> and
> > > find one that's updated for University yet. I'd also like a stop
> whining
> > > hack - or at least a reduce whining hack. I want to smack them when
> they
> > do
> > > that. I think I'd be interested in the divide the household money
> equally
> > > when things go pear-shaped in the marriage department hack - where did

June 5, 2005 6:40:37 PM

news:D vDoe.3558$F7.2216@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> You asked for this remember!

Strewth!!! And I have six and feel bad about that many.

I have clipped your list. It made me feel faint.

Granny.

> anitprankhack

Oooooh! ??
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 6:51:44 PM

Maxon wrote:

> NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.

What is so terrible about that?

> All my hacks are in a separate folder in
> Downloads which makes them easy to find and remove.

What's it called, for the game to recognise it?

> I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and find
> one that's
> updated for University yet.

You don't mean the nude patch? I just use intprop censorgridsize 0 in
my userStartup.cheat.

T.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 6:51:45 PM

"Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> Maxon wrote:
>
> > NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
>
> What is so terrible about that?

I just HATE it - it's the most annoying, time-wasting, pointless ... (well,
you get the picture).

> > All my hacks are in a separate folder in
> > Downloads which makes them easy to find and remove.
>
> What's it called, for the game to recognise it?

Umm ... Hacks ? I don't think it matters what you call it - it's a
sub-folder.

> > I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and find
> > one that's
> > updated for University yet.
>
> You don't mean the nude patch? I just use intprop censorgridsize 0 in
> my userStartup.cheat.

No I don't - I mean a nude patch that lets you undress your sims - you know,
for those *intimate* moments.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 7:15:21 PM

> I also got:
> Community skillups

Ah - now that sounds useful. Where from, hmm?

> No toddlers playing with the toilet.

I know, I know - all together now:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwww!

> I did add a hack that's supposed to fix the teen walk, but they still
> snap their fingers at people as they go by, and that just irks me.

We need a 'give them a good slapping' hack.

> I'd love a hack that prevents pranks.

Oh yes, please please please.

> I think I need to find that no knocking over the trashcan hack. That
> irritates me.

Various Simmers

> I don't like the idea of Teens getting preggers, so I haven't downloaded
> anything that makes that possible. Don't like them woohooing.

Well, my sims all wear sensible underwear and non-revealing clothes (I think
that's my mother's influence) but I couldn't resist the idea of upsetting
all the families when they found out what their precious teens were up to
while they were out buying groceries. They just coo at the babies though
instead of weeping and wailing. I WANT weeping and wailing.

Ah well
Best wishes
Maxon
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 7:30:12 PM

>>> I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and find
>>> one that's
>>> updated for University yet.
>>
>> You don't mean the nude patch? I just use intprop censorgridsize 0 in
>> my userStartup.cheat.
>
> No I don't - I mean a nude patch that lets you undress your sims -
> you know, for those *intimate* moments.

Well, they do it under the covers anyway, so what difference does it make if
they are naked or not? <g> Have you tried downloading invisible clothing?
That makes them naked in pajamas or underwear or swimwear, or even everyday
and formal, if you so desire.

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 7:37:01 PM

> Coffee Cup Hack (put it THERE, not four floors up on top of the wardrobe
you
> idiot)
Where is this one?
> Baby Intercom (Wake up, wake up, something smells dreadful, I think I need
> to have my nappy changed; this is also a hacked object)
Where?
> Casual Woohoo (if you have Romance sims, this is a must - and is more
> realistic for the lecherous little buggers anyway)
Where?

--
Moni
Grandma to Sean 4/3/5
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 7:40:02 PM

> It stops the wants appearing in the aspiration/wants part of the
> control panel - I think it was a Two Jeffs hack at Various Simmers.
> It means your wants slots don't get dominated by wants for
> electronics which you will never ever, no way Jose, dream on kid,
> fill. You know you can give the MP3 player away to a child, don't
> you? There is also a no-autonomous use of the Handheld and MP3 hack
> there too (which I might just have to have). The phone, if you had
> to buy it when you got the EP (and who didn't do that?), is with you
> forever though.

None of my sims have any of the handheld electronics. I have one that I
gave a handheld game to, but be did nothing but play it, n o autonomous
interactions with his family, nothing. (Much like real life....) So I
killed him off. None have a cell phone because I cannot for the life of me
figure out why they'd need one.

But then, I'm probably weird in many other ways, too. LOL

>>> Inteeminator (for your teenage pregnancies). This obviates the
>>> need for many other hacks to do with teen-adult behaviour and
>>> growing up into adults.
>>
>> Turns out none of the ones I have allow teen/adult interactions :-(

Why would you want it to? <shudders> Pedophilia is not my idea of
entertainment.

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 7:40:29 PM

Taemon wrote:

> Maxon wrote:
>

>>NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
>

> What is so terrible about that?

I wouldn't let my kids play hackysack indoors, I ain't letting the sims
play ball in the house indoors either. It's just not right.

-georg
June 5, 2005 7:57:54 PM

Did you get these hacks at MTS2??

Thanks.......Betty

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va>
wrote in message news:82n5a1pvuipk0uajaju420mfvc7d8iseg1@4ax.com...
>I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
> them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
> gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
> up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
> someone)
>
> You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
> good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
> University!
>
> Current gameplay hacks I have:
>
> -Teen love kept in transition (not sure if it overlaps with the
> second)
> -Teen to adult relationship
> -Reservable beds
> -Triplet and quadruplet births
> -Daily gardener
> -Easy breakup
> -No more fire panic (goes for the extinguisher if they've experienced
> a fire before, and non-residents flee the scene)
> -Move out teens
> -Nightschool
> -No 20k free handouts (instead divides funds when someone moves out)
> -No cheering
> -No kick trashcan
> -Novel progress indicator bar
> -Pay bills at box
> -No loot moneytrees
> -Ability to spongebathe in sink at will
>
> I wish someone would make a "sims don't complain when need bar low"
> hack... they spend more time whining about it than trying to fix it!
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 7:58:34 PM

Taemon wrote:
> Maxon wrote:
>
> > NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
>
> What is so terrible about that?

In my game there's been a couple of occasions where sims who tried to
play kicky bag inside didn't have enough space to play, and when the
action cancelled, there was an area created where they tried to play
where no sim could venture. In some houses it was so bad that a sim
standing behind a couch would have to go out the back door of the
house, walk around the house and enter the front door just to sit on
the couch.

Since it wasn't a problem with an object, move_objects wouldn't fix it.
I had to move out of the house to fix this problem.

June 5, 2005 8:18:35 PM

Madame Mim wrote:
> You asked for this remember!
>
> I am running University, and the mods below
<snipped the rest of the list>
> anitprankhack

This one sounds interesting. What is it and where did you get it?

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 8:39:08 PM

Maxon wrote:

> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>I also got:
>>Community skillups
>

> Ah - now that sounds useful. Where from, hmm?

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...

-georg
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 9:04:27 PM

Maxon wrote:

> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>I'd love a hack that prevents pranks.
>

> Oh yes, please please please.

Various Simmers has one, that lessens the amount this happens.

>>I think I need to find that no knocking over the trashcan hack. That
>>irritates me.
>

> Various Simmers

Nope, Simlogical.

I are happier now.

-georg
June 5, 2005 9:16:04 PM

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:13:28 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
wrote:

>I only recently started using gameplay hacks... I was wary of using
>them for fear they'd screw up my game, but with one exception it's
>gone very well. (and that exception was not a big bug, it just popped
>up the "cancel reset delete" dialogue when I tried to influence
>someone)
>
>You show me yours and I'll show you mine! And maybe we can trade some
>good ones! And PLEASE specify wether you're using original or
>University!
>
>Current gameplay hacks I have:
The flamingoes from livin'it up.
The stay things and teleporter shrubs, always stocked fridge, endless
buffet, no social worker patch, all from Simlogical and all the DMA
NPC's from valdea and a painting that does a lot of things but I can't
remember where I got it.
June 5, 2005 9:27:35 PM

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:55:21 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>and I just removed Abduction - Higher odds and triplets&quadsrandomonly
>
>BEG
>
>--
>Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

When did HE become the last hero?
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 9:38:43 PM

georg wrote:
> Maxon wrote:
>
>> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> I'd love a hack that prevents pranks.
>>

>> Oh yes, please please please.
>
> Various Simmers has one, that lessens the amount this happens.
>

> -georg

And I found it!

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...

Thank you Pescado!

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 11:34:28 PM

Ah thank you - did you know SimEnhancer has just released a beta version of
the programme for University?

Not relevant to this thread but I just downloaded it.

http://sims2programs.com/Download/index.asp

Best wishes
Maxon

> Maxon wrote:
>
> > "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I also got:
> >>Community skillups
> >

> > Ah - now that sounds useful. Where from, hmm?
>
> http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...
>
> -georg
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 12:33:15 AM

>>>I think I need to find that no knocking over the trashcan hack. That
>>>irritates me.
>>

>> Various Simmers
>
> Nope, Simlogical.
>
> I are happier now.
>
> -georg

We is going off to find it.
No, wait! Pause... will this mean the awful Mouse Of Retribution will be out
of a job?
We am changed us mind.

GG. 8)
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 1:16:44 AM

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:18:35 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>This one sounds interesting. What is it and where did you get it?

It's all over the place in various forms. It stops pranks.. which are
just annoying, and rarely if ever have a positive outcome.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 1:19:40 AM

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:17:20 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>Community skillups

Does it also allow neighbours to build skills on your lot?

>No friends needed for careers. (I know, I'm weird. I HATE having to
>socialize)

I wish someone would make a FEWER friends needed for career, patch,
like say, half. And stop the freaking degradation of relationships. I
HATE it when they call me all the time... and they do so because the
relationship is approaching 50/50! :-(
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 1:19:41 AM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:17:20 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>Community skillups
>

> Does it also allow neighbours to build skills on your lot?

I think so, but not sure.

>>No friends needed for careers. (I know, I'm weird. I HATE having to
>>socialize)
>

> I wish someone would make a FEWER friends needed for career, patch,
> like say, half. And stop the freaking degradation of relationships. I
> HATE it when they call me all the time... and they do so because the
> relationship is approaching 50/50! :-(

Flamingos of Decay. One flamingo gives a point a day. I tend to keep a
flock of 5 on each lot, including community lots. Meet a person once,
and wait three days then call or meet again, and instant friend. Meet
again and you are best friends, and then you never have to see the
bastards ever again. Love, LOVE my flamingos.

in message news:suj6a1h43br5arbgb6ah2ttsgiu9gcuh3f@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:17:20 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Community skillups
>
> Does it also allow neighbours to build skills on your lot?
>
>>No friends needed for careers. (I know, I'm weird. I HATE having to
>>socialize)
>
> I wish someone would make a FEWER friends needed for career, patch,
> like say, half. And stop the freaking degradation of relationships. I
> HATE it when they call me all the time... and they do so because the
> relationship is approaching 50/50! :-(

Hang about, isn;t there,, I am sure I have a no friends needed for
advancement.
Let me check... Yes, I have but no clues at all where i got it from. It
works, too.

Perhaps someone else can help.

And if you think you had trouble with friends phoning... The other week I
was having trouble with a Sim talking to anyone. Sy thing. I thought, what
about the user cheat option ' make friends with everybody'? That sounds
reasonable. Three visitors, three friends.. nice...

WHOOPS! So she now had about thirty friends and they ALL started phoning up
one after another one evening moaning about meeting up. In the end I threw
the phone away. 8(((
Them I got the 'so-and-so' is no longer a familly friend, running down the
side of my screen. Chaos.

GG
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 1:19:42 AM

Ha ha - you are so, so ... irascible! I can taste it.

Best wishes
Maxon

> Flamingos of Decay. One flamingo gives a point a day. I tend to keep a
> flock of 5 on each lot, including community lots. Meet a person once,
> and wait three days then call or meet again, and instant friend. Meet
> again and you are best friends, and then you never have to see the
> bastards ever again. Love, LOVE my flamingos.
>
> -georg
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:12:27 AM

Maxon wrote:

> "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
>> Maxon wrote:
>>> NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
>> What is so terrible about that?
> I just HATE it - it's the most annoying, time-wasting, pointless ...
> (well, you get the picture).

Well, it's great for relationship points, so I wouldn't call it
pointless. As for annoying, well, I guess I just don't see :-)

>>> All my hacks are in a separate folder in
>>> Downloads which makes them easy to find and remove.
>> What's it called, for the game to recognise it?
> Umm ... Hacks ? I don't think it matters what you call it - it's a
> sub-folder.

Oh, I thought the Downloadsfolder only recognised Walls and
Floors-subfolders.

>>> I'd like a new nude hack but haven't had the energy to go and find
>>> one that's updated for University yet.
>> You don't mean the nude patch? I just use intprop censorgridsize 0
>> in
>> my userStartup.cheat.
> No I don't - I mean a nude patch that lets you undress your sims -
> you know, for those *intimate* moments.

Oh, okay, can't help you there.

I use the Flamingo of Decay (which acted really weird after University
but is okay now) and I speed up children's grow, because I hate
children. No other hacks.

T.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:12:28 AM

Nope - you can have everything in sub-folders except skins - stuff that
actually goes on the sims themselves. Some people report being able to have
sub-folders for make-up and glasses too but it doesn't work for me. My
Downloads folder has the following subfolders:

Hacks
JenStuff (made by me, except for the skins which I keep in Saved Sims)
Meshes
Objects (non-Maxis meshes)
Objects Recolours
Roofs
Walls & Floors (with 3 subfolders in that - floors, ground and walls -
JenStuff has several sub-folders)

Best wishes
Maxon

> >> What's it called, for the game to recognise it?
> > Umm ... Hacks ? I don't think it matters what you call it - it's a
> > sub-folder.
>
> Oh, I thought the Downloadsfolder only recognised Walls and
> Floors-subfolders.

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:14:57 AM

georg wrote:

> No friends needed for careers. (I know, I'm weird. I HATE having to
> socialize)

I use my beloved Flamingo of Decay for that. Couldn't live without
Flamingo's.

Once I walked by a house where a life-sized flamingo was placed in the
garden. I felt the urge to call and tell the people who lived there
that somehow I really liked them and felt the need to be friends with
them. But I wasn't sure they played Sims.

T.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:20:43 AM

georg wrote:

> Taemon wrote:
>> Maxon wrote:
>>> NO KICKY BAG INSIDE FOR CHRISSAKES - GOD I hate that interaction.
>> What is so terrible about that?
> I wouldn't let my kids play hackysack indoors, I ain't letting the
> sims play ball in the house indoors either. It's just not right.

I'm afraid that "it's just not right" has never made something clear
to me :-)

T.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:26:02 AM

georg wrote:

> Flamingos of Decay. One flamingo gives a point a day. I tend to keep
> a flock of 5 on each lot, including community lots. Meet a person
> once, and wait three days then call or meet again, and instant
> friend.
> Meet again and you are best friends, and then you never have to see
> the
> bastards ever again. Love, LOVE my flamingos.

<joins chorus> I could do without any hack, even PE, but I couldn't
sim without my Flamingo's. I love my Flamingo's. Love!

T.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 3:35:48 AM

Taemon wrote:

> georg wrote:
>

>>Taemon wrote:

>>>What is so terrible about that?
>>
>>I wouldn't let my kids play hackysack indoors, I ain't letting the
>>sims play ball in the house indoors either. It's just not right.
>

> I'm afraid that "it's just not right" has never made something clear
> to me :-)
>
> T.

Your game, your rules. My game, My rules, and in my game, it just ain't
right and not allowed. :)

-georg
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 8:20:02 AM

fmomoon wrote:
>> Coffee Cup Hack (put it THERE, not four floors up on top of the
>> wardrobe you idiot)
> Where is this one?
>> Baby Intercom (Wake up, wake up, something smells dreadful, I think
>> I need to have my nappy changed; this is also a hacked object)
> Where?
>> Casual Woohoo (if you have Romance sims, this is a must - and is more
>> realistic for the lecherous little buggers anyway)
> Where?

The first and third ones are at www.modthesims2.com. The second one at
simlogical, I think.

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 8:20:34 AM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:18:35 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
>
>> This one sounds interesting. What is it and where did you get it?
>
> It's all over the place in various forms. It stops pranks.. which are
> just annoying, and rarely if ever have a positive outcome.

Thank you. I found it and downloaded it.

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:33:41 AM

news:o %Loe.3213$fp6.1538@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

>>>I wouldn't let my kids play hackysack indoors, I ain't letting the
>>>sims play ball in the house indoors either. It's just not right.
>>
>> I'm afraid that "it's just not right" has never made something clear to
>> me :-)
>
> Your game, your rules. My game, My rules, and in my game, it just ain't
> right and not allowed. :)

Can I take it that you wouldn;t approve of a Sim putting up the assault
couse in the dining room then?

I mean between the door and the table. .>8^)

Granny.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:38:28 AM

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 22:12:27 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

>I use the Flamingo of Decay (which acted really weird after University
>but is okay now) and I speed up children's grow, because I hate
>children. No other hacks.

Just use the tombstone of L&D. You can grow your kid up from a baby to
whatever age you like including having them die from old age in one
day :-D
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:40:33 AM

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 19:53:30 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>Flamingos of Decay. One flamingo gives a point a day. I tend to keep a
>flock of 5 on each lot, including community lots. Meet a person once,
>and wait three days then call or meet again, and instant friend. Meet
>again and you are best friends, and then you never have to see the
>bastards ever again. Love, LOVE my flamingos.

LOL, but why don't you just use the no-friends-needed hack? I do hate
friendship decay though... there are friends I haven't seen in weeks
and months, but no doubt, they are still my friends.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:41:21 AM

in message news:mco7a111qc36j7psdgvpunmndm5igc7ndp@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 19:53:30 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Flamingos of Decay. One flamingo gives a point a day. I tend to keep a
>>flock of 5 on each lot, including community lots. Meet a person once,
>>and wait three days then call or meet again, and instant friend. Meet
>>again and you are best friends, and then you never have to see the
>>bastards ever again. Love, LOVE my flamingos.
>
> LOL, but why don't you just use the no-friends-needed hack? I do hate
> friendship decay though... there are friends I haven't seen in weeks
> and months, but no doubt, they are still my friends.

I find the flamingos useful because it lets me fine-tune (well, almost) the
friendship. If a Sim is going through a bad patch, like.. well, lover moves
out, or post natal depression? Then whip away the flamingoes and have them
start losing their friends.
Though I usually do this via the user-cheat. Just wiggle the relationship
bar.

I also piled them up in heaps one evening when Loki had a group of
neighbours over and drugged their food. Was amusing, that evening was. 8) I
had the effect wear off in the morning. Though without a mental story in
your head just watching an enemy start to tell Loki dirty jokes isn;t all
that funny. Ah well. It was all involved with them agreeing to finance his
latest venture.

Granny.

Granny.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:41:51 AM

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 15:57:54 -0500, "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com>
wrote:

>Did you get these hacks at MTS2??

MTS2, varioussimmers, simlogical and LIU :-)
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:44:26 AM

> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>> On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:18:35 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This one sounds interesting. What is it and where did you get it?
>>
>> It's all over the place in various forms. It stops pranks.. which are
>> just annoying, and rarely if ever have a positive outcome.
>
> Thank you. I found it and downloaded it.
>
> Jeanie

Tell me where you found it, I can;t be bothered, or trust myself to search
this morning.
I suppose we could have the Mayor of Sim City passing a law outlawing pranks
to explain the change. Perhaps someone gave him one joy-buzzer too many.

GG
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 1:28:02 PM

Granny Grumpling wrote:

> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:o %Loe.3213$fp6.1538@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

>>>I'm afraid that "it's just not right" has never made something clear to
>>>me :-)
>>
>>Your game, your rules. My game, My rules, and in my game, it just ain't
>>right and not allowed. :)
>>

> Can I take it that you wouldn;t approve of a Sim putting up the assault
> couse in the dining room then?
>
> I mean between the door and the table. .>8^)

Given some of the people in my family, I think it would be a very good
thing for them. The exercise, I mean.

-georg
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 1:30:13 PM

It's a Variousimmers mod, but it only tones it down not knock's it out
altogether.

--

"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> news:D vDoe.3558$F7.2216@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > You asked for this remember!
>
> Strewth!!! And I have six and feel bad about that many.
>
> I have clipped your list. It made me feel faint.
>
> Granny.
>

> > anitprankhack
>
> Oooooh! ??

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 1:31:00 PM

Rincewind said the quote, in the book The Last Hero by Terry Pratchett -
Cohen the Barbarian was the actual last Hero.

--

"Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
> On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 13:55:21 GMT, "Madame Mim"
> <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
> >and I just removed Abduction - Higher odds and triplets&quadsrandomonly
> >
> >BEG
> >
> >--
> >Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
>
> When did HE become the last hero?
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 1:31:30 PM

Variousimmers. It is a reduction not cancellation mod.

--

> Madame Mim wrote:
> > You asked for this remember!
> >
> > I am running University, and the mods below
> <snipped the rest of the list>
> > anitprankhack
>
> This one sounds interesting. What is it and where did you get it?
>
> Jeanie

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 1:47:26 PM

Yes, that's a bug with the kicky bag - the ball gets stuck and you can't
grab it even with moveObjects - there's a fix for it at Various Simmers.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> In my game there's been a couple of occasions where sims who tried to
> play kicky bag inside didn't have enough space to play, and when the
> action cancelled, there was an area created where they tried to play
> where no sim could venture. In some houses it was so bad that a sim
> standing behind a couch would have to go out the back door of the
> house, walk around the house and enter the front door just to sit on
> the couch.
>
> Since it wasn't a problem with an object, move_objects wouldn't fix it.
> I had to move out of the house to fix this problem.

June 6, 2005 1:49:10 PM

No, the first is now at Various Simmers

!