Best Site for Canadians?

shyheim

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
Just wondering if newegg.CA is the best site (price wise) for those of us that live in Canada (Ontario, specifically). Any other sites that trump it?

paranoidmage

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Canada Computers. It's good if you live near a store so you can pick up parts and not pay shipping. There is also pricegrabber.ca that helps you compare prices from different retailers.

You can't say any one site is the best. They will all have deals. You just have to look aroud for the best price on the parts you want. Newegg is pretty good though because of its good combo deals.

kbits

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
Newegg is very good. The shipping is quite fast.

Directcanada also have nice deal, and cheap shipping (they charge only the GST if you're outside of BC, and they offer free ground shipping with order above 300$), but it might be a bit tedious to go through RMA process with them if anything goes wrong.

This is only speculations from different reviews on their site though, cause I ordered tons of stuff from them and never had any problem so far.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
i've ordered from directcanada and newegg.ca. both had great service, and newegg shipped my order in 2 days! i've found that directcanada has better prices than most of the other sites out there, but their selection is a bit lacking. but free shipping if you spend over $300 is good, and i loved that they only charge GST!

shyheim

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
At directcanada do they charge for handling or anything like that? And does the 300 include GST, or does it have to be 300 before GST?

jive

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2007
HI,
first for price comparaison: price canada. shipbot.ca

the store : direct candan, ncix, tiger direct.

When you search for the best price you will find others like infonec micobytes.

juncwil

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I live in Ontario as well and I usually buy from ncix.com. Since if you live outside of BC, they don't charge you PST. directcanada.com is owned by the same company that owns ncix, it has good price but crappy service. So you can just pricematch the stuff from ncix to the price in directcanada. Newegg in Canada is not good because their price is high and their shipping and handling is ridiculously high.

juncwil

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
yes it does. In your cart window, scroll down and there is a red button that says pricematch. Use the price comparison site like shopbot.ca to find the prices. You just need to type in the price and the link to the product.

kbits

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007

Thxs for the NCIX price matching tip!

Btw, Newegg handling seem high because it covers all customs and taxes (canadian and provincial).

smithereen

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
NCIX ships out of Burnaby, which is nice. They also have epic sales every week. I like them because I live in BC, but alot of their regular prices are very high.

boulard83

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Newegg part come from USA. So you have to pay the costum+TX

NCIX is awesome, pricematch, watch the deal ... i never buyed a complete system from NCIX but OFTEN separate parts.

shyheim

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
How does the pricematching work? Do you ask them to price match and wait for it to go through, or do you price match and buy and hope it goes through?

juncwil

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
You pricematch and order the parts but do not pay first. If you give them your CC #, then they will charge you once the pricematch is accepted. If you are paying using other methods, they will email you whether they accepted pricematch or not, and then you pay.

Edit: i7 920 for $200? Where :eek: