beluve

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Ok so a quick explanation.

I have 4 total hard drives in my computer.

A-Raptor 10k 150gb
B-Seagate 160 gb
C-Seagate 250 gb RAID
D-Seagate 250 gb RAID

I have an OS on drives A and B and they work fine. ( A is for my favorite games, B is for my Autodesk software :Im a student: )

The problem of course is Raid 0 drives C and D. I have installed OS on them and they worked fine, i want them for my other games mainly because of space reasons, and since they are 7200 rpm I want them in RAID 0 for max performance. The drives are both working properly, and Ive used them in RAID 0 for about 2 years on my old computer and they never failed me.

now that i have the other 2 hard drives which are not in RAID, every time I switch the bios back to " optimal defaults " ( to run the normal drives ) and then switch the bios back to the raid profile ( user saved setting - which worked to install os and steam client ) The RAID doesnt boot up, I get to the windows logo just before you have to log in and it either goes BLUE SCREEN ERROR or just resets.

My questions are

1) Is it even possible to have this set up in the first place?
2) Should I have the bios set differently?

The normal drives dont work in RAID mode and the RAID doesnt work in normal default bios. The problem is I switch to normal mode and my two non raid drives run fine, but switching back is the problem, I switch back to the EXACT setting my RAID drives were in and worked in but they simply wont load up the windows..

I appreciate any help- and if you need more info il gladly share it Thanks again everyone!

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
What kind of chip-set you using or whats your Motherboard model number ??

It's possible the problem is due to AHCI, enabling and disabling raid can also change AHCI on or off. Thus casing Blue screen on boot up

It is possible as i have similar set up and it works,
My bios has enable/disable raid next to each sata channel so i just disable raid on first 2 channels so they don't show up in raid manager.

as i type on this PC it got SSD on 1 sata and 2x 1TB's raid 0 , when i had windows on both i used bios pop up window F12 for me to choose what to boot.

beluve

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011

I have an X58 Pro E MOBO - Il check to see if when I change profiles if it changes the AHCI and Il also try to disable the raid on the other 2 HD's, if I remember correctly I did not see a disable/enable RAID next to my HD's in Bios but Il check it out. Thanks for the tips!