A disk read error occurred press ctrl alt del to restart

Resp. Sir,
When i start the pc the error display on the screen "A disk read erro occured press ctrl atl del to restart" pls help me to what to do....
3 answers Last reply
More about disk read error occurred press ctrl restart
  1. nittusg said:
    Resp. Sir,
    When i start the pc the error display on the screen "A disk read erro occured press ctrl atl del to restart" pls help me to what to do....

Computer model ?
    What happens when you press ctrl/alt/del ?

Try booting into Safe Mode to run chkdsk /r
  2. Mine just started doing this last nite! When I press ctrl alt del it just cycles thru....goes to the BIOS splash screen, tries to load Windows but then gives "disk read error" msg again. I've gone into BIOS and set default settings but still nothing.

W7 64 on a custom AMD Phenom II x2 560 Black 3.3Ghz. The primary drive is a Spinpoint F3. I dont have any other info cuz Im at work

One of my backup drives has XP on it so I can try setting that as the primary and see if it loads. Howver, I had it set as the secondary and it didnt load up earlier. Wouldnt it have kicked in if the primary W7 drive had a read issue?
  3. JLiRD808 said:
    Mine just started doing this last nite! When I press ctrl alt del it just cycles thru....goes to the BIOS splash screen, tries to load Windows but then gives "disk read error" msg again. I've gone into BIOS and set default settings but still nothing.

W7 64 on a custom AMD Phenom II x2 560 Black 3.3Ghz. The primary drive is a Spinpoint. I dont have any other info cuz Im at work

One of my backup drives has XP on it so I can try setting that as the primary and see if it loads. Howver, I had it set as the secondary and it didnt load up earlier. Wouldnt it have kicked in if the primary W7 drive had a read issue?

Not if it found an OS on the primary.
    You should not bump someone elses post with your problem, as it makes handling two possibly different issues in the same thread more difficult for anyone try to assist. Start your own thread is a better way to get a solution.
Ask a new question

Read More

Disk Read Error Windows XP Displays