Help choosing motherboard for: Animation

wiut_mahmud

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I am asked to assemble a computer for animation. People who are expected to use it will picture cartoons and films as well. I need suggestions about both hardware and software. This is a part of my coursework so I want to do something exceptional. I am thankful for all your responds.

is this a real build or just one for coursework. How about you come up with some thoughts of your own about what might be appropriate, and then we'll help you refine them, at least then you'll have done some of the work yourself. Consider the whole machine, and the environment it'll be working in.

wiut_mahmud

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

I am not given a specific amount of money so I am able to spend as much as needed. This is a theoretical task and no computer will be bought in reality. I want to buy Intel core i7-965 and wonder what motherboard should I look for. About software I am planning to get it from nvidia but would be happy if altenative options will be suggested. Also I am wondering about ram and hdd. I have some approaches on them but extra info would make me happy.

wiut_mahmud

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

I am not given a specific amount of money so I am able to spend as much as needed. This is a theoretical task and no computer will be bought in reality. I want to buy Intel core i7-965 and wonder what motherboard should I look for. About software I am planning to get it from nvidia but would be happy if altenative options will be suggested. Also I am wondering about ram and hdd. I have some approaches on them but extra info would make me happy.

Have you done any thought about this for yourself? Do nvidia even make software. At this rate I hope you fail so that your future employers are not taken in by useless qualifcations coupled with a lack of ability to think.

gnomio

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011

Thats the modern day avg IT you got there

gnomio

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Two Intel Xeon X5670 2.93GHz LGA1366 Six-Core
Patriot Viper II 24GB (6 x 4GB) DDR3 1333MHz
Nvidia Quadro 6000 6GB
Intel X25-M 2.5″ 160GB SSD
Four Samsung F3 1TB RAID 10: Capacity: 2TB