How to format a memory stick that is write protected
Hello,i have a 34 gig flash drive that i want to format but everytime i try it says the flashdrive is write protect
Check the dip switch on the flash drive. If there isn't one, do this:
1.Start -> Run -> type regedit
2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies
3. Search for a key WriteProtect
4. Change the value to “0″.
5. Repeat the same for ALL of the below entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet00*\Control\StorageDevicePolicies (replace * with number)
If its not there you will need to make it.
1. Right-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrrentControlSet\Control\ and select New -> Key.
2. Enter the name StorageDevicePolicies.
3. Click on the new registry key StorageDevicePolicies and on the right pan right-click, select New > DWORD and give it the name WriteProtect.
4. Double click on it and set its value to 0.