Force 2d Clock for Starcraft

re-play-

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2007
hi, i like to play starcraft1 and Starcraft2, but Sc1 doesnt need a lot of horse power from my HD6850 but it runs at full speed on core clock and memory clock while playing SC1.

idle coreclock and memory clock are 100mhz and 300mhz, i want to create a profile that i can force this setting with this game so i dont have to use much electricity.

is there a way?

Solution
Unfortunately, that voltage could damage the GPU when you lower the clock speeds. You can lower the voltage with Afterburner also (just go into Settings and check the "Unlock voltage control" and "Unlock voltage monitoring" boxes), but the graphics card may need a minimum voltage to work. You'll have to test it out to see what works.

It might just be safer to use the normal clocks rather than messing with lowered voltage.
You can use a program like MSI's Afterburner. It's normally used for overclocking, but it can also lower the clocks down to a minimum setting. It won't be as low as those idle clocks though.

You can save those minimum settings as a profile, and switch back and forth between normal clocks and the lowered clocks any time you want.

re-play-

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2007
nice to know, i test it, and the lowest i can set is Core 385 and memory to 500
its better than full speed though. thanks
but i want to know if my voltage with those setting can damage my video?
the idle volt is 0.945 and playing is 1.145

Unfortunately, that voltage could damage the GPU when you lower the clock speeds. You can lower the voltage with Afterburner also (just go into Settings and check the "Unlock voltage control" and "Unlock voltage monitoring" boxes), but the graphics card may need a minimum voltage to work. You'll have to test it out to see what works.

It might just be safer to use the normal clocks rather than messing with lowered voltage.

Solution