Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My new HDTV destroyed my TiVo

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 1:56:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

It is unwatchable now. Thanks a lot HDTV!

--
XBL GamerTag: RKRM

XBL Games: XIII, Burnout 3: Takedown, Counter-Strike, Crimson Skies: High
Road to Revenge, ESPN Major League Baseball, ESPN NFL 2K5, ESPN NHL 2K5,
Ghost Recon, GhostRecon2, Halo2, Links 2004, MechAssault, Midtown Madness 3,
NBA 2K3, Rainbow Six 3, Top Spin, Unreal Championship, Xbox Live Arcade

http://users.ign.com/collection/RKR

More about : hdtv destroyed tivo

Anonymous
February 25, 2005 5:05:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

Are you suggesting that due to the better picture quality the Tivo is no
longer watchable, or are you insinuating that the HDTV somehow broke your
Tivo box?

TC

"RKRM" <rkrm@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
news:kbSdnZQ6n7YQvoPfRVn-gw@comcast.com...
> It is unwatchable now. Thanks a lot HDTV!
>
> --
> XBL GamerTag: RKRM
>
> XBL Games: XIII, Burnout 3: Takedown, Counter-Strike, Crimson Skies: High
> Road to Revenge, ESPN Major League Baseball, ESPN NFL 2K5, ESPN NHL 2K5,
> Ghost Recon, GhostRecon2, Halo2, Links 2004, MechAssault, Midtown Madness
> 3, NBA 2K3, Rainbow Six 3, Top Spin, Unreal Championship, Xbox Live Arcade
>
> http://users.ign.com/collection/RKR
>
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 8:00:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

"Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:AJvTd.5254$873.3646@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Are you suggesting that due to the better picture quality the Tivo is no
> longer watchable

Yes.

, or are you insinuating that the HDTV somehow broke your
> Tivo box?
>
> TC
>
> "RKRM" <rkrm@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> news:kbSdnZQ6n7YQvoPfRVn-gw@comcast.com...
>> It is unwatchable now. Thanks a lot HDTV!
>>
>> --
>> XBL GamerTag: RKRM
>>
>> XBL Games: XIII, Burnout 3: Takedown, Counter-Strike, Crimson Skies: High
>> Road to Revenge, ESPN Major League Baseball, ESPN NFL 2K5, ESPN NHL 2K5,
>> Ghost Recon, GhostRecon2, Halo2, Links 2004, MechAssault, Midtown Madness
>> 3, NBA 2K3, Rainbow Six 3, Top Spin, Unreal Championship, Xbox Live
>> Arcade
>>
>> http://users.ign.com/collection/RKR
>>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 10:48:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

RKRM <rkrm@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:

> It is unwatchable now. Thanks a lot HDTV!

Get a HD TiVo and DirecTV. Awsome combination! :-)


--
- Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.
http://www.mindstorm-inc.com/software.html
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 10:48:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

http://users.ign.com/collection/RKR
"Burt Johnson" <burt@mindstorm-inc.com> wrote in message
news:1gsjexm.1h7a43ibnljrcN%burt@mindstorm-inc.com...
> RKRM <rkrm@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:
>
>> It is unwatchable now. Thanks a lot HDTV!
>
> Get a HD TiVo and DirecTV. Awsome combination! :-)

Is tha a sattelite product?
>
>
> --
> - Burt Johnson
> MindStorm, Inc.
> http://www.mindstorm-inc.com/software.html
February 26, 2005 5:10:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

* RKRM wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:


> http://users.ign.com/collection/RKR
> "Burt Johnson" <burt@mindstorm-inc.com> wrote in message
> news:1gsjexm.1h7a43ibnljrcN%burt@mindstorm-inc.com...
>> RKRM <rkrm@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:

>>> It is unwatchable now. Thanks a lot HDTV!

>> Get a HD TiVo and DirecTV. Awsome combination! :-)

> Is tha a sattelite product?

Yes.

--
David
<Thoth_> Yeah, well that's why it's numbered 2.3.1... it's for those of us
who miss NT-like uptimes
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 3:44:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

RKRM wrote:
> http://users.ign.com/collection/RKR
> "Burt Johnson" <burt@mindstorm-inc.com> wrote in message
>>Get a HD TiVo and DirecTV. Awsome combination! :-)
>
> Is tha a sattelite product?

It is a DirecTV satellite receiver *and* an over-the-air receiver.

When my wife and I wanted to watch our local channels in HDTV prior to
getting the HR10-250, we were forced to watch TV in realtime.
Now we have a HDTV TiVo that can record up to 30 hours in HD.
It has two combination tuners, each one capable of independently
recording ATSC (OTA local HD) or satellite channel.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/imagine/HDDVR.dsp

It doesn't do cable TV, but we gave up on cable years ago.
-Joe
February 28, 2005 6:46:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:56:42 -0800, "RKRM" <rkrm@NOSPAMcomcast.net>
wrote:

>It is unwatchable now. Thanks a lot HDTV!


You moron.

HDTV is a fad. Tivo will live forever.

Just ask any of the Tivo rumpswabs in this group.

Of course you could just get the DVR your cable company offers.

Sean
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 6:38:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

In article <1gsjexm.1h7a43ibnljrcN%burt@mindstorm-inc.com>, Burt Johnson says...
>
>RKRM <rkrm@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:
>
>> It is unwatchable now. Thanks a lot HDTV!
>
>Get a HD TiVo and DirecTV. Awsome combination! :-)
>

how about just split your cable, and let the tivo have its own box, and either
use another box for live tv/hdtv or a cable card? since i recently bought
another hdtv (sharp aquos), i was upset that tivo only has s video or composite
outputs. so, to still enjoy hdtv, i've since installed a cable card, and just
switch to it while the tivo records. cable cards are only $1.25/month on my
system. i'm not going to buy a $1000 hd tivo, i'd rather wait till they come
down in price. i tried my cable systems hd dvr, but my wife complained too much
about the user interface not being like "tivo". it had superior storage (110
hour) compared to the 40 tivo, but the tivo2 has the network ability, which
works very nicely. no phone line, and i can view all my digital pictures on the
tv, thru the tivo to go feature.
>
March 2, 2005 2:30:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

On 1 Mar 2005 15:38:47 -0800, sheller@optonline.net wrote:

>In article <1gsjexm.1h7a43ibnljrcN%burt@mindstorm-inc.com>, Burt Johnson says...
>>
>>RKRM <rkrm@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> It is unwatchable now. Thanks a lot HDTV!
>>
>>Get a HD TiVo and DirecTV. Awsome combination! :-)
>>
>
>how about just split your cable, and let the tivo have its own box, and either
>use another box for live tv/hdtv or a cable card? since i recently bought
>another hdtv (sharp aquos), i was upset that tivo only has s video or composite
>outputs. so, to still enjoy hdtv, i've since installed a cable card, and just
>switch to it while the tivo records. cable cards are only $1.25/month on my
>system. i'm not going to buy a $1000 hd tivo, i'd rather wait till they come
>down in price. i tried my cable systems hd dvr, but my wife complained too much
>about the user interface not being like "tivo". it had superior storage (110
>hour) compared to the 40 tivo, but the tivo2 has the network ability, which
>works very nicely. no phone line, and i can view all my digital pictures on the
>tv, thru the tivo to go feature.
>>


Dude, your wife sounds like a dolt.

The choice is, watch HDTV without any DVR capability or ..

Use a DVR that has a UI different from Tivo.

Ya, I'd go back to no dvr... geeze. Either you made that post up or
your wife is a moron.

Sean
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 8:27:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

"Sean" <sean386@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D n0721dl1t7vlokngpm3rn6vnpidu7fap0@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:56:42 -0800, "RKRM" <rkrm@NOSPAMcomcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>It is unwatchable now. Thanks a lot HDTV!
>
>
> You moron.
>
> HDTV is a fad. Tivo will live forever.
>
> Just ask any of the Tivo rumpswabs in this group.
>
> Of course you could just get the DVR your cable company offers.

Well I have considered that but I have two TiVo Series 2's with 150 plus
hours of recording time each. They have the TTGO feature, transfer shows,
play music from my PC through my stereo and show pictures from my PC on my
TV. Not to mention all the the features Tivo offers for recording the shows
I like. Cable DVR doesn't do all of that and I feel like having two DVR's in
my living room would be kinda dumb.


>
> Sean
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 12:06:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

Sean wrote:
>
> I agree that having 2 DVR's is kinda dumb. That's why I got
> a cable dvr with 2 tuners. The Tivo is in the closet.

Have you considered selling your TiVo? There's a huge market for them.
I'd love to have another one. Better than wasting away in your closet
I would think.
March 3, 2005 2:28:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 05:27:08 -0800, "RKRM" <rkrm@NOSPAMcomcast.net>
wrote:

>
>"Sean" <sean386@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:D n0721dl1t7vlokngpm3rn6vnpidu7fap0@4ax.com...
>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:56:42 -0800, "RKRM" <rkrm@NOSPAMcomcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>It is unwatchable now. Thanks a lot HDTV!
>>
>>
>> You moron.
>>
>> HDTV is a fad. Tivo will live forever.
>>
>> Just ask any of the Tivo rumpswabs in this group.
>>
>> Of course you could just get the DVR your cable company offers.
>
>Well I have considered that but I have two TiVo Series 2's with 150 plus
>hours of recording time each. They have the TTGO feature, transfer shows,
>play music from my PC through my stereo and show pictures from my PC on my
>TV. Not to mention all the the features Tivo offers for recording the shows
>I like. Cable DVR doesn't do all of that and I feel like having two DVR's in
>my living room would be kinda dumb.
>

I agree that having 2 DVR's is kinda dumb. That's why I got
a cable dvr with 2 tuners. The Tivo is in the closet.


Sean
!