Radeon HD 4830 Help with audio

tommienc34

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
I bought a new card that got the HDMI video and audio output thew the HDMI cable. I am not hearing the audio but have video! I looked under the device manager and show a unknown device its a audio device. says this Internal High Definition Audio no drivers. the cd that came with the card and it not working. I cant find anything on their site either!?? please anyone know what I sould do. any other info I need to post let me know! thanks

tommienc34

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
I have downloaded all new files and still nothing. I can still hear it thew computer speakers but it will not play thew the TV. anyone else have any ideas? any help please I about to go nuts over this stuff!

ReTardReTard

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
In control panel or realtek control panel set sound output to hdmi output.

My motherboard has both inbuilt realtek and hdmi 4830HD realtek and had to select the one I want.
Both should work 1 via hdmi and other via normal connector, each has own master volume control.

You can try either "HDMI_R189.exe" driver or "WDM_R228" if not sure check the sapphire website for a hdmi ati card and get the latest audio driver from there.

HDTV hdmi is the audi enabled and spdif ? digital active ?

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/download/?psn=0006&gid=3&sgid=569&pid=212

Windows XP part of page:
Catalyst 9.6 Windows XP HDMI Audio(32-bit & 64-bit)(9-6_xp32-64_hdmiaudio)

9-5_xp32-64_hdmiaudio

tommienc34

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Ok I updated my computer to Vista to see if it would make a change. Still I cant get it working. I know people are saying go under the program and add the option. But the option isnt there. And I still got a unknown device listed under drivers. I downloaded their downloads on the HDMI and it wont update!