MSI OC genie 2 enable problem!!

hklb2011

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Hello,
i just bought my mainboard from tiger direct web site few days ago model:MSI P67a-C43 b3 ,everything is fine when i try to enable OC genie option from control center,system tell me to restart my pc ,after that wont show up anything,power was on ,cpu fan running,alredy try Clear CMOS with jumper JBAT1 and press the CMOS botton on board,also removing battery,eveything still the same,it is bios problem?or something else?can u give me anyidea how to fix it?or where can i go repair?thank you so much for the help

briansklein

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
I think I have an answer. I have the 990fxa gd80 with oc genie 2. One touch button. Pretty much it works by chance from what I can tell but it does work. Basically you just hit the button on your mother board while your computer is running. Do what ever your doing for at least 2 hours then restart your computer. When restarting window's you should see in orange letters (is what i saw) stating that oc genie is enabled and not to use any other oc software or something along those lines. Then whammie. I got 3.8 out of my 965 phenom ii and 2250 out of my ddr3 1333 patriot ram. Any other oc'ing is not mentioned. I use cpu-z to see what my ram and cpu is oc'ed at and I'm very supprised at the stability of it. Occasionally i get a 3-6 second black screen but it's very rare. If this doesnt help make sure you have the latest bios update if one is available. There are almost no video's on you tube and no threads that go into detail on this subject so I guess were the ground breakers.