annoying bug

Last response: in Video Games
June 5, 2005 8:19:28 PM

Build a new neighborhood, at the moment just one sim lives there, she
cannot use the exercise machines that came with University, when I buy
them I can't click on it, she just looks at it. I've put it in a place
where there is enough space around it to use it (she can use the
punching bag that came as a career award without problems). If I go to
another lot with only the machines and make a test sim, he/she can use
them without problem.

I couldn't find anything on MTS2 about it. I did find some posts on the
official BBS, it seems a sims-specific problem, some sims can use it,
others don't, some people solve the problem by selling the machine and
buying a new one, but for others (including me) that doesn't work.

I've removed my hack-folder to see if one of those caused any problems,
but it didn't make a difference.

Now I'm using the testingcheatsenabled cheat to keep her fit (hate the
tv exercise option).

Going to make a gym on a community lot to see if she can use them there.

Bianca

More about : annoying bug

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 8:19:29 PM

They don't seem to build body points on community lots but they do get fit -
at least that's my experience.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> Build a new neighborhood, at the moment just one sim lives there, she
> cannot use the exercise machines that came with University, when I buy
> them I can't click on it, she just looks at it. I've put it in a place
> where there is enough space around it to use it (she can use the
> punching bag that came as a career award without problems). If I go to
> another lot with only the machines and make a test sim, he/she can use
> them without problem.
>
> I couldn't find anything on MTS2 about it. I did find some posts on the
> official BBS, it seems a sims-specific problem, some sims can use it,
> others don't, some people solve the problem by selling the machine and
> buying a new one, but for others (including me) that doesn't work.
>
> I've removed my hack-folder to see if one of those caused any problems,
> but it didn't make a difference.
>
> Now I'm using the testingcheatsenabled cheat to keep her fit (hate the
> tv exercise option).
>
> Going to make a gym on a community lot to see if she can use them there.
>
> Bianca
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 8:19:29 PM

I have had this happen to me. In a household some can use it and
others can't. I just get a "dead" cursor.
Another one that comes up is the fridge doesn't offer all the menu
options it should.
I have found that either restarting the game or canceling after they
start one of the meals available you get the full menu.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 8:19:29 PM

JulyRaine wrote:
> I have had this happen to me. In a household some can use it and
> others can't. I just get a "dead" cursor.
> Another one that comes up is the fridge doesn't offer all the menu
> options it should.

I've noticed on University lots that frequently, if the sim isn't in
the kitchen, he seemingly won't detect the presence of the stove, so
he'll only get the option to make meals that don't require it (i.e.
Instant Meals, Cereal, Chef Salad, Lunchmeat Sandwiches). That also
seems to be the case all the time whenever I influence another sim to
serve a meal.

I've had my sims able to build body skill on community lots, at least
on University community lots. That's the only way some of my student
sims build body skill points. The other sims won't build skills, but
they will get fit.

June 5, 2005 9:23:19 PM

Got a hack from varioussimmers (I think) so that you can get skill
points on community lots, she can use the machines on the community lot,
but still not at home.

Bianca

Maxon wrote:
> They don't seem to build body points on community lots but they do get fit -
> at least that's my experience.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>

> "Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
>
>>Build a new neighborhood, at the moment just one sim lives there, she
>>cannot use the exercise machines that came with University, when I buy
>>them I can't click on it, she just looks at it. I've put it in a place
>>where there is enough space around it to use it (she can use the
>>punching bag that came as a career award without problems). If I go to
>>another lot with only the machines and make a test sim, he/she can use
>>them without problem.
>>
>>I couldn't find anything on MTS2 about it. I did find some posts on the
>>official BBS, it seems a sims-specific problem, some sims can use it,
>>others don't, some people solve the problem by selling the machine and
>>buying a new one, but for others (including me) that doesn't work.
>>
>>I've removed my hack-folder to see if one of those caused any problems,
>>but it didn't make a difference.
>>
>>Now I'm using the testingcheatsenabled cheat to keep her fit (hate the
>>tv exercise option).
>>
>>Going to make a gym on a community lot to see if she can use them there.
>>
>>Bianca

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 5:27:32 AM

JulyRaine wrote:
> I have had this happen to me. In a household some can use it and
> others can't. I just get a "dead" cursor.
> Another one that comes up is the fridge doesn't offer all the menu
> options it should.
> I have found that either restarting the game or canceling after they
> start one of the meals available you get the full menu.

With the fridge I only get the option "instant meal" when my sim (the
same as with the exercise machine) is at work, not at other times.
Making a new house for that particular sim, see if she can work out there.

Another strange thing in that neighborhood is that it seems that none of
the townies have a job, my sim can call all the townies in her list and
she never got the message saying that townie is at work or school, also
she has never brought a collegue back from work (thank god, it annoys me
when that happens).

Bianca
!