212 plus vs H100 in price quality and other options?

Drey84

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
When doing research on cooling for my PC and Processor I found that many recommended the 212 plus for cooling for my processor while the upcoming H100 is also a good cooling for the processor and case. The H100 cost about $100 while the 212 Plus costs around $34 and I'm leaning towards the 212 plus as the high quality cooling it brings + with the cheaper price seems like a better option than the H100 (or any of the Hydro H series) even though the Hydro H series offers better cooling (both are great processor coolers so unless there's a big difference I don't think my processor will be in danger of heating unless I'm wrong and if I am please tell me) that cools not only the processor but the case as well. With that in mind I just wanted to hear other thoughts on the matter.

Here is the intended case: NZXT Phantom
The CPU: i7 2600K

Any thoughts? Also if I do get the 212 Plus any additional attachments/changes do you recommend and if so what exactly?

Note: I don't care about noise or looks just cooling.

Solution
The H100 comes with a 240 radiator, so, is much better that Hyper 212+, but if you can go with a better manufacturer like XSPC and the 240 or 360 kits I'd go with that.

For air cooler, if you can get the Thermalright Archon you are good.
The H100 comes with a 240 radiator, so, is much better that Hyper 212+, but if you can go with a better manufacturer like XSPC and the 240 or 360 kits I'd go with that.

For air cooler, if you can get the Thermalright Archon you are good.

Solution

Drey84

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Thank you to both scout_03 and SAINT19 for responding. I want to preserve my CPU and after further reviews I went for the Archon due to wanting great cooling plus while Water cooling is good based on test from people it seems that high quality air cooling still has the advantages on CPU cooling and is slightly or significantly cheaper over water. I might add a second fan if possible to give a push pull configuration if I feel it is needed. When setting up the fan what direction and area should the fan face or it doesn't matter. The room I'm putting the Desktop in is normally warmer then most room in the place all year round.

I got the Archon yesterday and I put it in. Here are some details about my current setup to help in any advice that might be important:
Case: Nzxt Phantom
RAM: All four ram slots has been filled using G.Skilled Sniper DDR3 ram each 4GB thus I have 16GB in the motherboard
Motherboard: Asus Z68 Deluxe
CPU: 2600K
CPU Cooler: Archon (with one fan that it came with) (note to further readers that the Archon is very big in height but fortunately just fit the case and all four the ram was able to be put in even with the fan facing them (is this a good spot for the fan?)

Anything else you recommend in cooling (case and CPU) and what for a warm room do you recommend the settings for the fans and how should they face (pushing in air or pushing out or little of both and if so where is the best spots)?

1- That's the best way for install the fan
2- The best way for the cooler is pusshing out the hot air to the back side of the case