Golden Anniversary?

Ok,my Sim's lifetime want is to reach her golden
anniversary. So, has anyone actually accomplished
this? How do you know when your sim has reached it?
And when I have her drink Elixir of Life, am I actually
causing it to take longer for her to reach it? I mean...
ok, golden anniversary in our world is the 50th. So,
how old do we consider them to be when they become adults,
and how many sim days into their elder years do both have
to live to reach that magical, mystical, mythical golden
anniversary?

I'm so confused... :(

Laura

Laura Castellano wrote:
> Ok,my Sim's lifetime want is to reach her golden
> anniversary. So, has anyone actually accomplished
> this? How do you know when your sim has reached it?

It's a party that you can throw when your sims are married and old, I don't
know how long they have to be married or at which point in their old age it
can be thrown though.

Will Bradshaw wrote:

> It's a party that you can throw when your sims are married and old, I don't
> know how long they have to be married or at which point in their old age it
> can be thrown though.

Hmmmm....well, ok, I'll play this couple until it happens,
if it does happen, and report back <G>

Laura

Laura Castellano wrote:
> Ok,my Sim's lifetime want is to reach her golden
> anniversary. So, has anyone actually accomplished
> this? How do you know when your sim has reached it?

I had a horrible time with that one. It turns out when your married Sims
couple are elders you should see if the phone has the option of throwing
anniversary party. Once you have done that the want is satisifed.

Gareeth

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 05:44:42 GMT, Laura Castellano
<laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Ok,my Sim's lifetime want is to reach her golden
>anniversary. So, has anyone actually accomplished
>this? How do you know when your sim has reached it?
>And when I have her drink Elixir of Life, am I actually
>causing it to take longer for her to reach it? I mean...
>ok, golden anniversary in our world is the 50th. So,
>how old do we consider them to be when they become adults,
>and how many sim days into their elder years do both have
>to live to reach that magical, mystical, mythical golden
>anniversary?
>
>I'm so confused... :(

Dunno... I *think* golden aniversary means growing old with someone.
If so, Maxis should have just called it that...

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:bap7a154bkqs5jolfommj6j0gadv6gpchd@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 05:44:42 GMT, Laura Castellano
> <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Ok,my Sim's lifetime want is to reach her golden
>>anniversary. So, has anyone actually accomplished
>>this? How do you know when your sim has reached it?
>>And when I have her drink Elixir of Life, am I actually
>>causing it to take longer for her to reach it? I mean...
>>ok, golden anniversary in our world is the 50th. So,
>>how old do we consider them to be when they become adults,
>>and how many sim days into their elder years do both have
>>to live to reach that magical, mystical, mythical golden
>>anniversary?
>>
>>I'm so confused... :(
>
> Dunno... I *think* golden aniversary means growing old with someone.
> If so, Maxis should have just called it that...
When they become "oldies" their is an option for an anniversary party.
Throw that and the want is fulfilled. At least that worked for mine.

Do you need anything special for an anniversary party? Like how a
birthday party needs the cake, wedding party needs - well it needs a
wedding to happen, sports party needs chips and TV (man do these Sims
never get thirsty? How come they never pull a bottle of coke out of
that fridge?)...

~*~
vecki

vecki wrote:
> Do you need anything special for an anniversary party? Like how a
> birthday party needs the cake, wedding party needs - well it needs a
> wedding to happen, sports party needs chips and TV (man do these Sims
> never get thirsty? How come they never pull a bottle of coke out of
> that fridge?)...

The want will be filled no matter what you have at the party. Just choose
throw anniversary party.

Gareeth

Well, you guys were right. I just clicked on
the phone and under the 'Party' option was
the choice for 'Anniversary Party.' This seems
like a pretty darn easy lifetime aspiration
to me--all you have to do is wait until your
sim becomes an elder and then throw this party!
But hey, my sim has permanent platinum mood now,
so I'm not complaining!

As for what you have to have at the party--well,
nothing, really. There's no cake or anything
else to celebrate the anniversary, so I just had
the bottle of champaigne and had them toast each
other. But even that wasn't necessary.

Laura

Laura Castellano wrote:
> Well, you guys were right. I just clicked on
> the phone and under the 'Party' option was
> the choice for 'Anniversary Party.' This seems
> like a pretty darn easy lifetime aspiration
> to me--all you have to do is wait until your
> sim becomes an elder and then throw this party!

Not entirely easy since first you have to figure out how to fill it and it
does depend on the Sims spouse not croaking and things like that. When I had
it for my Legacy challenge I was very paranoid about the health of the
spouse.

Gareeth