The source of OCZ Flash

autosax

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Hi guys,

Does somebody know the news about OCZ flash, I read a review from China, they said OCZ use downgrade flash.
:eek:

Anyone know that??

The letter "S" stamped over the Micron Logo on flash devices does not mean it is second tier, OEM, or off spec. The letter "S" stands for SpecTek. SpecTek is a wholly owned subsidiary of Micron. NAND flash is one of the many products SpaceTek manufactures. The business relationship is very similar to Crucial being a wholly owned subsidiary of Micron.

I don't think Micron is going to be pleased with your advertising blog or the comments you posted in numerous forums. OCZ already knows what you are doing. I suggest you take immediate action to correct your advertising blog and your posts in various forums.

It is pretty obvious that your alleged ssd expert is not an expert at all. If you really want to find out about SpaceTek flash devices, then I suggest you contact them.

Web Site:
http://www.spectek.com/default.aspx

Manufacturing:
SpecTek
Xinxi Avenue
Zone B
Shaanxi Xi'an Export Processing Zone
Xian, China 710119

Research and Development:
SpecTek
8000 S. Federal Way
P.O. Box 6
Boise, ID 83707-0006

autosax

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Hi guys,

I am not OWC man and here is not OCZ forum so I don't care OCZ will angry or not.
Just curious why OCZ always got strange problem. (25nm, Flash??maybe)
I don't like big company cheat users

randomizer

Champion
Are they cheating users? Companies sell parts that don't meet certain specs all the time. Unless you bought a $1000 CPU there's a chance that what you are running didn't meet spec, and was sold as a lower end product. It's what the industry does. Why throw away components that don't make the cut for the top-end products when you can sell them as a cheaper product?

autosax - The OWC advertising blog you linked to contains information that is false. OCZ does not have a problem. It is the OWC advertising blog that has a problem. I just went back and read the advertising blog you linked a second time. The Micron company logo with the letter "S" on the flash only means the flash was made by SpecTek, which is a Micron company. It does not mean the flash is second tier, OEM, or off spec. It does not mean there is a problem.

randomizer - I don't think the OP understands the binning process either.